Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bowties/crimefighters vs. aka ibeams

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default bowties/crimefighters vs. aka ibeams

i have been running bowties and ibeams at my local track and i wanted to know if you guys think that the ibeams are better than bowties or crimefighters, all responses are appreciated
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd personally say that only you can tell which is better. Test them back to back.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (99%+)

teccmoney, i see you are located in merced... do you usually run at GHR in visalia or somewhere else? personally i like the prolines on the dirt that GHR has there if that is where you run, but i think charles was right you gotta test them both out yourself. i personally have some tracks that the aka's fell better and some that the prolines feel better
Old 03-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Bow's and Ibeams have a very similar feel and characteristic to them, Crimes.. have less forward bite,But better side bite.. if your struggling for turn in or front grip try Bow-Rear Crime-Front.. Its a very versatile combo works well.. aka version is Ibeam-rear and city's-front...

But the aka's have better wear rate.. and I generally prefer them.. glue up better too.. But, if your after more grip=Try one of the above combos.. works very well.. very versatile.. and works on most tracks as a safe option-Well here in the uk anyway..
And generally-I prefer proline's inserts-Well softer ones for bumpier tracks and aka insert for more high grip smoother tracks.. generally.. -Not tried the new proline closed cell foams though yet.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
I'd personally say that only you can tell which is better. Test them back to back.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
teccmoney, i see you are located in merced... do you usually run at GHR in visalia or somewhere else? personally i like the prolines on the dirt that GHR has there if that is where you run, but i think charles was right you gotta test them both out yourself. i personally have some tracks that the aka's fell better and some that the prolines feel better
i run at cvr and delta, will be at ghr once they reopen this month
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can mix them up if you want, Try running the crimefighters up front and the Bowties in the rear Bowfighters they work great almost every where!! I also trim the outside and inside of the front crime fighters at a 45 and if it bites to much I cut them off. Tires are a personal choice, depends on the track, how your car is set up, driving style, all kinds of things. Both tires are great.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry for bringing this up but i was wondering what's the tire wear when using bowfighters...do the bow ties in the rear keep up with the crimefighters up front on wear?

All bow ties i used in all 4 wheels(never tried bowfighters) seam to ruin the center lugs very fast and leave the site pins in good shape.
While crimes do seem to have a more even wear.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vti-chris
Sorry for bringing this up but i was wondering what's the tire wear when using bowfighters...do the bow ties in the rear keep up with the crimefighters up front on wear?

All bow ties i used in all 4 wheels(never tried bowfighters) seam to ruin the center lugs very fast and leave the site pins in good shape.
While crimes do seem to have a more even wear.
IMHO bowties wear faster. Nature of the beast.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
IMHO bowties wear faster. Nature of the beast.
plus 1 I think that proline tires wear alot faster then anyother brand of tire that I have used. I run AKA just because they last so much longer
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Lol I like seeing my old threads make it back to the top, I posted this when I was still a noob racer.. I have used bowties and I beams and the I beams wear better for sure, the bowfighter combo works great... The bowties wear out before the crimefights for sure.. Honestly the citybeams are a better combo, better wear characteristics and the cityblocks give you more steering than crimefighters up front..