R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default THE Car opinions?

THE Car looks great but I would only get it if you guys thought it was cool too. I mean all ive heard is that it is a great car.

Chad Bradley has now signed to JQ and will be racing " THE car " in the upcoming season. As though he is a pro and has had a wonderful amount of wins, he will be put to the test with the JQ.

Please do remember that if you are about to post that it " sucks " then please do keep in mind that it is not only the car but more of the driver.

So please tell me what your opinions are on this 1/8 buggy. I will consider buying it for the upcoming race season if you tell me that it is either good or bad. And please try to include some explanation why you like it or why not.

GP
TreadRCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Tech Regular

dude. i would say read the other thread about THE car here = JQ Products - THE Car

plenty of information there on the design, building & now driving of THE car

yes there's a lot to read but its all in the name of research right?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
THE Car looks great but I would only get it if you guys thought it was cool too. I mean all ive heard is that it is a great car.

Chad Bradley has now signed to JQ and will be racing " THE car " in the upcoming season. As though he is a pro and has had a wonderful amount of wins, he will be put to the test with the JQ.

Please do remember that if you are about to post that it " sucks " then please do keep in mind that it is not only the car but more of the driver.

So please tell me what your opinions are on this 1/8 buggy. I will consider buying it for the upcoming race season if you tell me that it is either good or bad. And please try to include some explanation why you like it or why not.

GP
It seems like you have already made up your mind.

I think it has the ability to bring out the best in any driver, no matter what driving style you have. I will be racing it this year.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
am
Tech Master

Well i have to say the design features is moastly good and some i do not like so much. I have not driven the car yet but a trip to france on febuary will change thst. Lol.

I espesially like the centerdiff mount. That is one very very cool feature!. The fit and finish is good but maybe not quite kyosho yet.( that is not all negative, as you get almoast teo jq cars for one kyosho tki. I perferto get two cars instead.) what i do not like is the plastic top shockmounts and i perfer center cvd driveshafts in steel. When running crono for some years with alu dogbones, i perfered cvds when they became option parts. I really hope joe makes theman option. All in all i think the car is thought through in design and i am exited to test it!! If it is crap, i'll show it through his throat like deep throat... Lol
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I wouldn't recommend buying it because everybody else thinks its cool, your the one that will have to work on it, and maintain it and you'll be the one paying for parts. All of the cars available now are great cars and can win. Pick a design/company you like and dive in.
Enjoy your new ride, whatever you pick. Good luck in 2011
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
Well i have to say the design features is moastly good and some i do not like so much. I have not driven the car yet but a trip to france on febuary will change thst. Lol.

I espesially like the centerdiff mount. That is one very very cool feature!. The fit and finish is good but maybe not quite kyosho yet.( that is not all negative, as you get almoast teo jq cars for one kyosho tki. I perferto get two cars instead.) what i do not like is the plastic top shockmounts and i perfer center cvd driveshafts in steel. When running crono for some years with alu dogbones, i perfered cvds when they became option parts. I really hope joe makes theman option. All in all i think the car is thought through in design and i am exited to test it!! If it is crap, i'll show it through his throat like deep throat... Lol
CVD's will not work, because of the adjustable engine/center diff for weight distribution.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Why would you like "US" to convince "YOU" what to buy?
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Suspended

jus buy it and dont look back
shshsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By NO MEANS am I bashing or endorsing this chassis but this is what I have seen/heard.

I've only seen THE Car once and it looked great on the track. After I got back to the pits I asked the guy how "THE Car was doing" all he said was "well right now it's THE BROKE!" Haha, I thought it was funny the way he said it but all he said was that it was ok and that something happened to the spur gear and he didn't have any parts.....game over.

Personally I would just get what you want. I chose my D8 based on parts availibility, low price, and proven design. I'm by no means a good driver and do not have much experience with many different buggies so my opinion is kinda null and void for the most part lol
THE OHIO RC FACTORY
mccutch12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The issue with the spur gear has been addressed

http://jq-products.com/the-home/35-n...ingear-mistake
fastlane225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane225 View Post
The issue with the spur gear has been addressed

http://jq-products.com/the-home/35-n...ingear-mistake
THE car certainly does look promising... will ebe cool to see what it does in the near future.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have seen 2 at my local track. Im not up on my buggies, but I havent heard anything negative.

yesterday I spoke with a young kid that really knows his stuff. he says he is very happy with the car and that the only issue was the spur gear, which is being dealt with.

they seem to perform very well
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote