what is the ultimate 1/8 truggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what is the ultimate 1/8 truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

bro i bash a mugen mbx5r buggy and would bash a truggy in heart beat they are so tuff .. i do bigger jumps and have bigger crash's than my mates with revo's and SAVYS and they always break stuff. the only down side with bashing them over a MT is ground clearance but its not that big of a deal cos on-ROAD being a lil lower then dont flip as much as a mt.

if i was u id jump on the net and pick up a 2nd hand ex race trugg with all the goodies and bash the hell out of it . one a couple yrs old thats been looked after with all the race stuff on it ... big bores ect.. and i just put on mine a set of INTEGY tires that are really cheap of the net and pretty HARd compound and last for ever even on ROAD.
oh and plus to work on my mates savy , even just change the engine is a pain u have to take so much stuff off it just to work on it . a bugg or trugg soo much easier .. and to clean as well
Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get a losi muggy. It's a big, fat truggy. Alot of fun.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I don't bash my racers, but if that's what you're wanting to do with a truggy, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Truggies will run just fine on the surfaces that you're talking about "bashing" on. I prefer my RC8T CE when I run a truggy (usually run buggy). It's heavy and more stable than some, especially for a rougher course such as a BMX track, and very durable.

My only advice would be to find a good deal on a used one and have fun!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not saying truggies aren't good bashers, just saying if I wanna run through my ditch where water can run, I'll get out my MGT, if I wanna mud bog, I'll get my MGT, if I wanna run through 20 inches of snow, I'll get my MGT. If I wanna run over rocks as big as a standard size PS for a PC, I'll bring my MGT, If i wanna drive through a creek of a few inches of water, I'll bring my MGT.

I have bashed my TTR ST1 pro, RC8 RTR, Turmoil RTR and RC8T FT, just not in ANY of the conditions I previously mentioned, just up and down my driveway and another place.Till it got bored bashing racing vehicles(TTR ST1 Pro, and RC8T FT)

I would not bash any of my truggies in the places where I bash my MGT.(which I havent done in awhile) It only goes on the track, from now on since I finally found one worth going to after all these years.

Go ahead and bash a truggy, I am sure you will have as much fun as I did.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a Jammin X2 CRT I use for bashing and it holds up great.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone give me the name of a good bash engine for the mbx6t?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
can anyone give me the name of a good bash engine for the mbx6t?
what budget would you have for an engine/pipe etc ?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Id go for something like a Lrp 28 or 30, preferably a roto start engine for ease of use. It will have gobs of torque for you and will be reliable. No need fir a really high dollar racing motor.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

1/8 buggy and truggy can be bashed really hard. They almost are all tank. As for an engine, the LRP .28 or .30 are good engines too.

But for bashing, any engines will do the job. Just take one that holds its settings well.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

ultimate is a traxxas revo platinum hands down
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Personally to me having a good engine for bashing makes it a pile more fun...something fast like a modified OS 25, OS 28,Picco 28,Picco 21 etc...... I have run the pullstart MT engines(LRP,SH,Axial etc.) in Truggy a few times but they absolutely sucked IMHO... They have all sorts of bottom end torque but fall flat on their face in the midrange and have absolutely zero top end......Plus most MT engines don't tune worth a dam as they don't have insulated carbs...... As well having a OWB swinging around at high RPM is just looking for trouble...... IMO a Truggy needs a engine that has lots of power, broad RPM range ,insulated carb, and is built well enough to hold together being held at RPM for extended periods... Many of the MT engines don't last worth a dam in a Truggy, in a MT they are never exposed to the RPM that they are in a Truggy.........When it comes to bashing a Truggy the more HP and RPM your engine has, the more fun the truck is to drive !!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

i run a ps/roto axial.28 rr2 in my basher and with it geared up right its a monster . and its cheap as chips .. holds a tune nice.
thats my basher mugen buggy ... should have bought a trugg but oh well.

what is the ultimate 1/8 truggy-10122010939.jpg
what is the ultimate 1/8 truggy-10122010937.jpg
what is the ultimate 1/8 truggy-03122010914.jpg

and WHY would ya say hans down a revo PLAT ... whats soo good about it ???
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

First off for all those who said Monster trucks are stronger than 1/8 Truggys and Buggys you have no clue what you are talking about. A perfect example is the guy on youtube a while ago that posted a video of him jumping over his garage roof with his 1/8 buggy. Do that with a monster truck and good luck landing without breaking.

Since you will be driving on a bmx track a truggy is perfect. The Mugen MBX6T or Associated RC8T are both amazing. I would say the Associated is better suited because parts are easy to find and its cheaper yet just as strong.

If you want a good engine that will last you long and hold its needle settings, go with either the new O.S. .21XZB or the older V-spec. I've seen the Dynamite .21 and they run pretty well and aren't going to break the bank. I run RB's but their cheaper motors aren't all that great. It really depends is you want a pull start motor or starter box motor.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by limiteded1le
First off for all those who said Monster trucks are stronger than 1/8 Truggys and Buggys you have no clue what you are talking about. A perfect example is the guy on youtube a while ago that posted a video of him jumping over his garage roof with his 1/8 buggy. Do that with a monster truck and good luck landing without breaking.

Since you will be driving on a bmx track a truggy is perfect. The Mugen MBX6T or Associated RC8T are both amazing. I would say the Associated is better suited because parts are easy to find and its cheaper yet just as strong.

If you want a good engine that will last you long and hold its needle settings, go with either the new O.S. .21XZB or the older V-spec. I've seen the Dynamite .21 and they run pretty well and aren't going to break the bank. I run RB's but their cheaper motors aren't all that great. It really depends is you want a pull start motor or starter box motor.
OH! So true! LOL Have those people ever watched a MT race when they where the thing to race and out of 10 in the main how many actually finished, then you watch truggy race and very few time do they have the problems of the MT's do and that is just racing, so i dont know how the mt is supposed to be better for bashing.

Oh yea, and the MT never seemed to jump worth a S$%T compared to a Truggy! LOL
Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love the Jammin .28 for bashing !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.