Search

How much does a Pro RC Driver make?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
i said ryan first round not ever bodys lol
You'll find that Ryan's very cheap to buy rounds for.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
haha i know this already
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Im just happy to see Lutz being such a sport say's a lot about the guy and y he got the Deal good luck in the future sport!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Im just happy to see Lutz being such a sport say's a lot about the guy and y he got the Deal good luck in the future sport!
Ryan!, Have not seen you at the tracks as much.. Went Electric.

Anyways, Glad the Deal with BIG D! is working out great.. here your doing good at delta.

Ill have to make it to a nitro race again sometime.. for now im having fun playing with the silent ones.

Lutz is mainly one of the most active big guys on the forum.
with Robbers, Tessmenn all top 3!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Ryan,

Thats for sharing this info it was a good read.

It take a HUGE dedication and drive especially when your successfully a lot of high and low points. Much motivation its a attribute which comes from doing things the correct way from a positive influence.

I have some additional questions

1) Who was your biggest influence in RC racing?

2) Engine endorsemento PRO's run MOD motor from the factory whats the percentage between the TOP racers.

3) When your racing a season how many kits do your start with for one class example buggy?

4) Tires: Whats your best pointer for picking the right tire for the right condition.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
3) When your racing a season how many kits do your start with for one class example buggy?
And what do you do with the old one?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I see on NeoBuggy that Ryan has signed a 10 year deal with Team Durango.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

happy b day ryan
Old 01-06-2011, 09:44 PM
tp
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Ryan,

Just wanted to say Happy birthday!! Also that you are a very lucky man to do what u love for a living, also congrats on ur new deal! Couldn't of happend to a nicer guy! I'm kind of jealous, i would love to race for a living but im just not up to your speed yet.... Someday i hope! I look forward to racing with u at motorama!!!

Congrats again!

Taylor
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Ryan,

Thats for sharing this info it was a good read.

It take a HUGE dedication and drive especially when your successfully a lot of high and low points. Much motivation its a attribute which comes from doing things the correct way from a positive influence.

I have some additional questions

1) Who was your biggest influence in RC racing? My dad got me started when I was young. He had already been in it for a long time and allowed me to start racing when I was 7. So I guess with him getting me started and 'holding my hand' through the time I was around 19 would make him my biggest influence.

2) Engine endorsemento PRO's run MOD motor from the factory whats the percentage between the TOP racers. I honestly can't speak for anyone else but myself. I 95% of the time run stock out of the box engines. At the very most I will take them apart and make sure they are clean before starting them. The other 5% of the time may involve testing of some sort.

3) When your racing a season how many kits do your start with for one class example buggy? Every company and drivers deal is different. Most the companies I have been with it is based on your deal and if you 'need' a new one or not. With all the racing and practice we do our cars get pretty thrashed. On top of that being under the microscope all of the time as I've mentioned before makes it hard for pros to run old stuff. Because if something that is old goes bad it makes them and the car look bad because people don't take the time to understand the back story on why something may have broken...I'd say in a full racing season the most new kits I have ever had was 3. Most of the time it is just replacing worn parts.

4) Tires: Whats your best pointer for picking the right tire for the right condition.
If it's your local track see what is winning and when. If your traveling to a race ask on forums and such before you go. Another good way is to pick a tire that is a pretty universal compound and tread pattern, for instance soft cityblocks. Something that works pretty well everywhere. Then really get used to that tire and a lot of times you won't want to run anything else because you are comfortable with that tread pattern no matter where you race. People make a huge deal out of tires and while yes they are important I honestly think that being comfortable with something you know sometimes is more important than that couple 1/10ths of a second.

Originally Posted by motomatt
And what do you do with the old one?
Most of the time they are so thrashed they end up in pieces on a shelf. Depending on the company I am with sometimes I am able to give an old one to a deserving racer or something along those lines but honestly when I'm done with a car it needs more money in parts than a new one would cost.

Originally Posted by shanem121
I see on NeoBuggy that Ryan has signed a 10 year deal with Team Durango.
I really hope that shows people how committed and how confident I am in this company! They truly are a company I am proud to be a part of!

Originally Posted by sickboy
happy b day ryan
Thank You!

Originally Posted by smokinu
Ryan!, Have not seen you at the tracks as much.. Went Electric.

Anyways, Glad the Deal with BIG D! is working out great.. here your doing good at delta.

Ill have to make it to a nitro race again sometime.. for now im having fun playing with the silent ones.

Lutz is mainly one of the most active big guys on the forum.
with Robbers, Tessmenn all top 3!
I'll be there on the 15th.

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Appreciate it!

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tp
Hey Ryan,

Just wanted to say Happy birthday!! Also that you are a very lucky man to do what u love for a living, also congrats on ur new deal! Couldn't of happend to a nicer guy! I'm kind of jealous, i would love to race for a living but im just not up to your speed yet.... Someday i hope! I look forward to racing with u at motorama!!!

Congrats again!

Taylor
Keep workin on it TP! You'll get there...Just be careful with those Pink Boxers! Probably best kept for you and your girl!
Have a great New Year and see you at Motorama!!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM
tp
Tech Adept

That may be my prob..... I like to joke around and make people laugh! Or make fun of me. Lol mugen is a great team and they get a kick out of my "stunts" haha

Have a good one, see u soon!

Tp
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
JQ
Tech Master

you said yourself its just your hobby. If you wanted it to be your job it could be, even with pink boxers
Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 AM
tp
Tech Adept

Jq send me some pointers on how to make that happen..... My back is only gonna last so long roofing. Lol It is a hobby as i make no income but someday it would be cool to be an elite driver, just gotta step up my game And win more chicken fingers from you!!!! Ha!!!!!!!

Tp
Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the article Ryan! In this day and age, it's rare to see people put themselves out there with as much candor and sincerity.

Kudos as well on the long-term deal, which is even more rare. Says a lot about your character, and for that, kudos should go to your folks too.

Apart from the monetary value, I think that you can just make a living (not necessarily getting filthy rich) doing what you love is in itself PRICELESS. I'm sure not a few of us here would give up a higher paying job -- which might not necessarily be our passion, gives us stress, which would eventually lead to some stress-induced ailment, and early death -- for a career in something we're truly passionate about.

How many can really say that they're passionate about being a banker, a manager, a supervisor, an accountant? I think true passions are those that stirred your imagination when you were a kid, something like being a basketball player, a fireman, James Bond, or a member of the A-Team.

And that's what RC racing probably is to you -- something that got you excited as a kid, and let's you get excited like a kid even as an adult. Priceless, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.