R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #46
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Team Terribles wishes Billy all the best with his new team. Durango could not have gotten a better representative than Billy to add to their already impressive list of drivers. Billy is a class act and is always helpful and friendly at the tracks and the races. Very bright future for Billy and Team Durango. We are very pleased that Billy will also be driving for Team Terribles in 2011, and thankful that Durango will support whoever he decides to race for, no matter how Terrible some of us Terribles are
James Allara
Founder/President
Team Terribles
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Team Terribles wishes Billy all the best with his new team. Durango could not have gotten a better representative than Billy to add to their already impressive list of drivers. Billy is a class act and is always helpful and friendly at the tracks and the races. Very bright future for Billy and Team Durango. We are very pleased that Billy will also be driving for Team Terribles in 2011, and thankful that Durango will support whoever he decides to race for, no matter how Terrible some of us Terribles are
James Allara
Founder/President
Team Terribles

+1000!!! good luck Billy!!!!

....on a different tangent, there's one aspect that i don't think any of us are realizing here....these fine racers that are leaving one team for another aren't just chassing the $$$, they also see something with team durango and the direction their race program is going...almost like the NHRA or NASCAR don't ya think?? just my .05...(i don't have any pennies, so a nickel is what your getting )
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler777 View Post

....on a different tangent, there's one aspect that i don't think any of us are realizing here....these fine racers that are leaving one team for another aren't just chassing the $$$, they also see something with team durango and the direction their race program is going...almost like the NHRA or NASCAR don't ya think?? just my .05...(i don't have any pennies, so a nickel is what your getting )
Money plays a huge roll, dont kid yourself. Durango must have a HUGE team budget for 2011.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler777 View Post

I've said it a lot already, this company is "serious about racing", thus racers want to be a part of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Money plays a huge roll, dont kid yourself. Durango must have a HUGE team budget for 2011.
This has been explained a lot as well. You can spend your advertising, marketing, and development dollars in many ways. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
James Allara
Founder/President
Team Terribles
+++
My website = www.lutzinator.com, Find me on Facebook at Facebook.com/lutzrc
-Follow me on Twitter @Lutzrc, #LutzRCRevolution
DRCRacer299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCRacer299 View Post
I've said it a lot already, this company is "serious about racing", thus racers want to be a part of it!

This has been explained a lot as well. You can spend your advertising, marketing, and development dollars in many ways. . .

+++
Ryan, i understand that. Magazine advertising is insanely expensive for quarter page ads, and Losi runs multiple 1 and 2 page ads. But the caliber of drivers that you guys are getting means Durango has made a specific effort to use the term "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday."
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCRacer299 View Post
No problem. I know I have a lot more to prove of myself on the track. (believe me I'm as hard on myself as anyone) But I know my value isn't only on the track!
Seeing you race and meeting you in person at the PNB, well my vote is for you. I think your a great asset to this sport both on and off the track.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There budget is represented well by the cost of the 700 buggy. Almost as expensive as the k car
packerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Smile

Its just like any sport. Your loyal to your brand untill the money is offered !! Then see ya later.With the way the economy is right now,you cant blaim them.
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
But the caliber of drivers that you guys are getting means Durango has made a specific effort to use the term "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday."
So ?
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In owning a business there are thousands of ways to market your product/services ect. Lutz could not has explained this any better, as company in rc world there is no better way to market their product then having top drivers, not only are u getting talk on the internet but you also get drivers input on the car/cars. So you could poor money in to advertisement and sit back and hope you sale or poor money into drivers and watch your sales go up and get the benefit of the driver help in future designs of the car.
Congrats to all the drivers that get signed up, Good luck to you guys!
Brandon Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Hats off to Durango for recruiting top level drivers around the world to build a strong competitive team! All the club/semi-pro drivers should benifit from this, as setups, design changes, etc will come down from top level pro's.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote