R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have heard that kyosho top offroad driver makes well over 100k a year correct me if I am wrong. Collari make close to 100k I think!!!!
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
I have heard that kyosho top offroad driver makes well over 100k a year correct me if I am wrong. Collari make close to 100k I think!!!!
tebo makes 180k a year or so he want 240k and ae said no way
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who cares how much "top" drivers make? It really doesn't change anything in my day-to-day life and frankly, it's none of my business. What matters most for me is if I feel that the buggy/engine/radio, etc does what I expect it to do and that I feel the price was reasonable. If I don't think that the price to value ratio is there, I go to the next brand. End of story.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #64
Tech Apprentice

For a new kid on the block Durango seems to be very ambitious.Not to sure about all the hype.
Good drivers will make any brand perform well. Now the question is, how many average joe,s realize this?
and
Who pays for the Team Drivers........eventually WE will
Mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #65
Tech Addict

I thought we payed for it all in everything we do in this sport.
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Its actually what I meant.
If you are good, you go where the money is, not the brand.
So Durango's offerings must be great.
Mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater View Post
Its actually what I meant.
If you are good, you go where the money is, not the brand.
So Durango's offerings must be great.
i wont go that far.... in order to demand the cash, you have to win. Robert Battle seems to have won more races with the Hobao (hyper 8 and 8.5) than he did with the RC8B... no matter how good you are if you not winning.. you not gonna get the money....and when all the drivers are on the same level.. the car makes the difference along with some luck of course
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
I thought we payed for it all in everything we do in this sport.
hey man long time no see or speak or type(read) for that matter.... were you ate the J-concepts race this year?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #69
Tech Adept

Does anyone have Adam Drakes email address

Glad to hear everyone likes Reno, we are thrilled to have him along with Ryan, Hupo, Jorn, Elliot, Chris and Kyle

Most RC Pro drivers don't make good money sorry - and that won't change until 50,000 people go to watch them race each week.

These pro's want to win races - they all make back to back tests before choosing their new rides, fortunately the DNX408 is a fast car so once we get it in their hands they want to talk; and then don't forget the appeal of the DEX410 and DESC410 and other cars we have coming.

Some of the comments about getting the wallet out for drivers makes me smile To bring you the designs we are is a way bigger investment than drivers (Designers, moulds and testing are way more expensive.) but good professional drivers mean good feedback, which mean we can make better, faster cars with tighter quality.

Finally I have to agree with JQ winning in RC is not easy, we make as good a car as we can, we hire drivers who we think can help us keep the car at the top; we are in racing for the long haul, but we only look after the chassis.

On race day there are all the other factors, weather, tyre decisions, set-up choices, engines, human errors and plain luck. We try to win everything, but expect to win nothing; we just have to roll up our sleeves and work hard.

Jason Dearden
Team Durango talent scout . LOL
TeamDurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamDurango View Post

Glad to hear everyone likes Reno, we are thrilled to have him along with Ryan, Hupo, Jorn, Elliot, Chris and Kyle

Most RC Pro drivers don't make good money sorry - and that won't change until 50,000 people go to watch them race each week.

These pro's want to win races - they all make back to back tests before choosing their new rides, fortunately the DNX408 is a fast car so once we get it in their hands they want to talk; and then don't forget the appeal of the DEX410 and DESC410 and other cars we have coming.

Some of the comments about getting the wallet out for drivers makes me smile To bring you the designs we are is a way bigger investment than drivers (Designers, moulds and testing are way more expensive.) but good professional drivers mean good feedback, which mean we can make better, faster cars with tighter quality.

Finally I have to agree with JQ winning in RC is not easy, we make as good a car as we can, we hire drivers who we think can help us keep the car at the top; we are in racing for the long haul, but we only look after the chassis.

On race day there are all the other factors, weather, tyre decisions, set-up choices, engines, human errors and plain luck. We try to win everything, but expect to win nothing; we just have to roll up our sleeves and work hard.

Jason Dearden
thx for expanding on my comment... lol.. i'm just to lazy to type that much...
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #71
Tech Regular

Jason - just wondering....is Jorn going to be running the DNX408? Is just the announcement was only for the DEX410 and DEX210....
Jaf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
hey man long time no see or speak or type(read) for that matter.... were you ate the J-concepts race this year?
What's up my friend, hope things are well and Happy New Year. We were at the JConcept Clash but the weather wasn't to friendly even in Florida. Temps were cold and damp. Lot of fast racers there. Came from 2 laps down after a flame out to bump to the A in Truggy but the main was rained out. Keep in touch K.
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
What's up my friend, hope things are well and Happy New Year. We were at the JConcept Clash but the weather wasn't to friendly even in Florida. Temps were cold and damp. Lot of fast racers there. Came from 2 laps down after a flame out to bump to the A in Truggy but the main was rained out. Keep in touch K.
that's what's up... i'm hoping to make it down there this year... hopefully everything goes as planned so i can get the time off to make it....
Old 01-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamDurango View Post

Jason Dearden
All the pros make it look easy, someone like me the grass root racer or Weekend Warrior as some call it, is where alot more help is needed from companies if possible. Sure wish there was some talent scouts around here even if its to let us know what we need to do to get faster, specially when we are very fast but can not make the big race every year and the year I do go something happens but thats what makes this sport so much fun. If you need an average Joe to be on the team let me know LOL.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
All the pros make it look easy, someone like me the grass root racer or Weekend Warrior as some call it, is where alot more help is needed from companies if possible. Sure wish there was some talent scouts around here even if its to let us know what we need to do to get faster, specially when we are very fast but can not make the big race every year and the year I do go something happens but thats what makes this sport so much fun. If you need an average Joe to be on the team let me know LOL.
aint that the truth