R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
It's not that easy
I know that. Just poking a little fun at the guys!

I'm Sure anyone would want Savoya on their team. The guy is just plain FAST!!
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
JQ
Tech Master

I meant the Kyosho comment
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Got it!
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

with all these hires, makes you wonder what bald fat men are fronting the money for durango.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
It's not that easy
He is absolutely right. It will take more than money, it takes money to get the cars up to speed. These drivers will help develop the platform. That is what excites me the most.

As far as all the comments about "buying", that is just silly. AE pumps allot of money into Maifield and even more into Cavaleri. As does Losi with Drake, Truhe, Fischer, Angoine etc, etc. Kyosho has Tebo, King, and so on. All the Teams sponsor top drivers. Durango and JQ are smart to get these guys.

Like I said, it does help to sell cars, but most importantly they help develope the cars and make them better. These drivers will test 100 times more than the average racer, their setups will help us and the issues they find help the manufacture to put out a better product.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
Tech Addict

I must say i love to see this in our hobby. Like NASCAR, the whole Hendricks and Roush thing kind of sucks for racing. IMO

This is shaking it up a bit!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Like I said, it does help to sell cars, but most importantly they help develope the cars and make them better. These drivers will test 100 times more than the average racer, their setups will help us and the issues they find help the manufacture to put out a better product.
I don't think savoya is that type of guy who evolves a car. Just look at his x-car. A hacked-dremeled version of something like Mugen. Not the average Mugen you could have. What was he evolving then? Dremel bits?
mekios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
He is absolutely right. It will take more than money, it takes money to get the cars up to speed. These drivers will help develop the platform. That is what excites me the most.

As far as all the comments about "buying", that is just silly. AE pumps allot of money into Maifield and even more into Cavaleri. As does Losi with Drake, Truhe, Fischer, Angoine etc, etc. Kyosho has Tebo, King, and so on. All the Teams sponsor top drivers. Durango and JQ are smart to get these guys.

very well said.
critterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekios View Post
I don't think savoya is that type of guy who evolves a car. Just look at his x-car. A hacked-dremeled version of something like Mugen. Not the average Mugen you could have. What was he evolving then? Dremel bits?
Not sure what the X car was, but all the pics I have seen of his Mugen had incredible machine work done to lighten the buggy. Looked nice as hell to me. Not doubting you, just commenting on what I have seen.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Not sure what the X car was, but all the pics I have seen of his Mugen had incredible machine work done to lighten the buggy. Looked nice as hell to me. Not doubting you, just commenting on what I have seen.
I think that is what he is trying to say. All the machine work and prototype parts used to lighten the buggy and improve handling is no help to the average racer looking for a good setup on his out of the box buggy.

X-car=Xray

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Agree it was a nice machine work!!!!I still don't know how he drilled the center diff gear.LOL!Always good idea reduce rotation mass.....Make sense to me!Lets not bash Reno for that...
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I figured there been more companies go at the SHARK. But looks like durango was the only interested.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
I figured there been more companies go at the SHARK. But looks like durango was the only interested.
??
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #44
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
I am sure every team out there was after Savoya. But in the end he chose Team Durango.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
Have you seen most Americans? Custard, cheeseburgers, and french fries 4 times a week!!!! Heck half the racers here in the states aren't even gona make it to 40 to run the old man class.
BS Ill be there on my birthday with cash in hand.... cant wait to run the has been-back in the day-when I was your age class!!!!!!!!!