R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje929 View Post
Where are you flying to from Canada.
I believe to AZ for the Nitro Challenge.!

I guess I'm lucky, I live 12min from The Pit
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje929 View Post
Where are you flying to from Canada.

Az for the NC or Nitro Challenge
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post
I believe to AZ for the Nitro Challenge.!

I guess I'm lucky, I live 12min from The Pit

psh lucky ducky
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #34
Tech Rookie

Big thanks to Ryan Lutz for the info here!

"Here is what I make sure to do.
-Make sure your car is clean (some Airport Security are very picky when it comes to dirt)
-I personally only carry on my Radio and cloths. They will ask to check and swab my radio 75% of the time but as long as there is no fuel residue your fine. Just say it's a remote control car radio if they ask. Then if they ask where is the car just say you checked it in.
-You can take shock oils and such but I suggest burying them so they are hard to access as it's possible TSA will confiscate if they are in question about them.
-Don't take any Aerosols or ShoeGoo. They don't like it and you can get in serious trouble if caught.
-Make sure the top of your bag has some padding as they will toss your bag on the conveyor belt upside down.

So long as you keep things clean and don't take any banned substances on you should be fine. I think it goes without saying no fuel as well. Also it helps to be as well groomed as possible as they do seem to give certain people a harder time.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions."
Regards,
-Ryan Lutz
Ducatibilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseboade View Post
How i can take my car??? what i can not take??? some methods??
I flew from the UK to the US via Holland with an internal in the US, last September with a full race set-up (radio, car, starter box, batterys, tools etc).

I removed the shocks, engine and radio gear from the chassis and packed them in checked baggage along with the tools, starter box and transmitter.

The chassis went in my carry-on baggage with the batterys (LiPo's for the Rx and starter box) which were in a separate box in my checked baggage with the terminals taped up.

I also put an RC mag in my checked AND carry-on baggage just so customs people saw what it was in my bag. When going through the xray at check in, I removed the batterys and put them through on the belt separately (like you would a lap top) and told the customs guys what they were.

Finally, anything you put in checked baggae, make sure it is REALLY WELL PACKED. I didnt take a hauler, but placed all my gear in a polythene tub, inside my bag....and this is what it arrived like!

I didnt have any problems other than someone in Holland asking me if they could look at the chassis, just 'cos they were interested.!

The blog of my trip is here

Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

On the begining of the week travel from N-A to switzerland and i had my R/C with me... The only time somebidy ask to open my lugguage was in Amsterdam... The woman come and ask"can u open?"
Yes sure... "oh is a race car" she said... I said yes... And 3 other guy come and ask "is a tamiya"???? No is a Durango! And bla bla bla... I had my lipo on, shocks... Ready to race. I travel on 4 airport and only 1time i had to open so is not too bad but i m thinking to travel with nitro car is a bit more complicated....
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
I have never travelled with my gear but have read that it is a good idea to take an rc magazine with to help explain what you have in your luggage, especially the radio.
+1 & if you can print the "race announcement" stick on your baggage like those large containers,that way they dont ask too much ..... the radio must carry-on .