R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBOX360 View Post
I just got a Losi Eight-T 2.0, but I saw the Mugen MBX6-T only after I had made my purchase and was VERY impressed...the build looks much more solid however I've yet to see what my Eight-T can do and still haven't seen a Mugen in action either...I think both should be equally competitive.
id say out of the box the 8T turns better.. takes a bit of work to get the MBX6T to turn as well..
Dnano
fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
id say out of the box the 8T turns better.. takes a bit of work to get the MBX6T to turn as well..
I haven't hit the track yet, however the past couple days I have been slowly working on breaking in my engine on asphalt doing simple figure eights. For as large as it is and as big as the wheels and tires are the 8ight really feels like it rolls through the sharp turns smoothly, almost to the point that I realized I was driving her a little hard cause i was having a little too much fun. As soon as the rain subsides I'm hitting the track to fine tune this beast!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

steve, keep me posted on this. am still deciding between the two.
hitec 5955tg/steering
ko propo 2367/throttle
m-11
buckeye34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's definately allot of opinions about Losi, but it time after time gets the job done and has been very low maint and handles really well! Also parts are available just about anywhere, and thats a plus in my book.

Last edited by bosshog64; 10-25-2011 at 05:04 PM.
bosshog64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye34 View Post
I have ran a Losi truggy since the 1.0 days. I had the 1st 2.0t at my local tracks and it was radically different. Some liked it and some didn't. The Losi truck is very consistent and it treated me well. Recently I wanted to try something new so I bought a mbx6t and all I can say is it fits me very well. The Losi is easier to drive as the 6t can be twitchy. Some will want that some won't. I like the 6t oberthe Losi and that's saying a lot coming from me. My losi's have always been good to me but I think the 6t os more a drivers truck it is sharper and responds tk little inputs that the Losi laughs at and ignors. Both are great trucks but I was personally faster with the 6t and I seen to be findin my groove with it. If you want it to drive a little more like a buggythen go for the 6t. If you want it to be a little more forgiving and drive less like a buggy then go Losi. All bets are off for me when the Durango comes out. I absolutely love the tech in the dnx cars.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye34 View Post
I took the Eight-T on its first track outing today at Revelation Raceway in Ontario,Ca. It's definitely a VERY user friendly truggy. 2-3 laps in I felt a very good sense of comfort with it and that says a lot since it's my VERY FIRST nitro car and VERY FIRST time driving a R/C car since 2005. I was quick to get acquainted with the truggy and it handled even some of the faster over zealous turns I made with ease. It almost had a forgiving and correcting touch to it sliding in the turns and setting itself up to punch right out into the straight. Big plus for me was that Adam Drake was on sight as well and knowing I could possible bug him for a couple quick questions regarding my setup was a definite win win on my part, that wouldn't be as easy to do had I gotten any other truggy. Now I'm not sure if he is a regular there on a Thursday practice evening or not, but I'm comfortable knowing if not him that there was a slew of others that were running the Eight as well that could easily help me in the future, something I really didn't take into consideration or could even understand the benefits of until I made the purchase and hit the track. Another guy out at the track had a Mugen and I would be lying if I said he wasn't scary fast, the truggy is built to take a punishing and he was easily clearing huge jumps time and time again. I had an opportunity to take a look at his rig and once again visually looks far more advanced and prettier to look at...he mentioned running a thin coat of super glue along the shock towers all the way around it and letting it dry when you first get the truggy to really give the truggy a bullet proof coating of protection. All in all I would say both truggys are winners, go with what local track has parts for and larger population becuase if your green like me the support group is hands down the most valuable thing to have...hope this helps buddy!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I really don't think there is a truck on the market right now I haven't owned/driven except for the xray. The mugen and the losi I have had repeated times. The losi to me requires way to much time and maintenance to keep it performing at a level it needs to be at. Durability is great! I don't think I ever remember breaking anything on the 2 different losi trucks I had. The slop the losi has everyone swears doesn't effect the handling but even so I get sick to my stomach wobbling the wheels and stuff while it's on the car stand. Maybe it's mental and i'm to anal about keeping my stuff performing well but in my experience how well your prepared is 75% of ur success. Drivepins and barrels need to be changed out considerably quick because when they start to wear the truck will not handle good. This never made any since to me really but believe it, it's true.

The mugen I have always loved and I backordered one and soon and they were announced for release. Since then I have owned 3 of them. The second one I sold because I got frustated with breaking from lower arms. I broke it 4 out of 5 races in a row at 3 different tracks. I loved the handling but I can't afford to be put out of races because of this. I know some will say you shouldn't do this or that and it won't break. Trust me I race almost every weekend and I have doing this a long time I know when there is an issue. Recently I talked to mugen and they told me that they revised the front arms and I reconized the package labeling was different. I decided to give them another chance and bough yet another one. I'm about 3 gallons in I guess and not one broken anything yet. The tempertures that i'm running in now are considerably colder than when I was running the 6t b4 and should yield even more breaking of parts even with just the smaller things like clipping a pipe off and big jump, or landing on one wheel. Now that the 6t has started to build my confidence in it staying together to me it's really a no brainer. The slop after 3 gallons is non existent, everything has zero wear. I use dupont wax lube on all the driveshafts and moving parts and it combined with great quality parts are really impressing me right now. My losi was pimped out with about every upgrade on the market and the dollar value for all that stuff just add to the total cost. The mugen is like it came out of the box. Zero upgrades. The greatest part however with the mugen, where I work full time, 3 kids, and a full time college student, I can clean it up put it away and it's ready to go next week. For the level I wanted the losi to perform at this was not possible. The bottom line is however it really just depends on the person, what they expect and what they don't, how you like to drive, or maybe even more important to some where will you get your parts support from? I, like most, order everything online so that was non-existent in my decision making. I will have to say that when some of the revamped tech companies(JQ,Durango,Serpent) come out with a truggy I'm probably gonna pick one up. I'm not sure if i'm expecting them to handle better but I do think they are definitely on to something with this new innovation. Hope this helps.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Truggy wise I think the best handling is the Losi.

I owned a 6T and I've driven a few RC8T and the Losi still seems to be the easiest to drive IMHO. The 6T has better build quality though. Just my opinion, but that's the way I see it at the mo.

As for TX, gotta be an M11 for me (with a lipo battery). yes they are a bit of a brick in comparison to some, but I have never ever suffered from a glitch with it. I have seen Futaba and Spektrum both cause problems, but my old M11 just does it's job everytime.

I run an old M11 with Sanwa 2.4ghz module. I dare say the newer M11X is the mutts nuts.
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #24
Tech Regular

oh yeah for tx.......
4pk FTW!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
Maybe a 1.0 losi, but not the 2.0. The Mugen will cut into a corner much easier than the losi. I have two losi's and have driven the mugen also and it's night and day different in my opinion. The mugen also seems to handle rough stuff better. I think the losi lost steering from the 1.0 to 2.0 due to higher rear traction with the increased chassis length.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Maybe a 1.0 losi, but not the 2.0. The Mugen will cut into a corner much easier than the losi. I have two losi's and have driven the mugen also and it's night and day different in my opinion. The mugen also seems to handle rough stuff better. I think the losi lost steering from the 1.0 to 2.0 due to higher rear traction with the increased chassis length.
and ur exactly right.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post

Out of the box it may. Setup is the key. Add steering or take it away.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

I have a m11x all I can say is amazing. No glitches and its still the fastest radio on the market even faster than the just released 4pks. Sure its a little on the heavy side but my arms don't get tired by holding hit. I've tried the 4pk and it felt really good in my hand but something just made me get the m11x.
Great Hobbies (www.greathobbies.com)
www.AustinHauch.com
AustinH is offline   Reply With Quote