R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #31
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Ok so it's obvious how this went down, he's a euro n when he came here for the opportunity to race in the states he probly took the offer, now mugen japan/ Europe has probly nothing to do with mugen us, so I've here no money mugen no money for savoya, so no euro mugen splitting that bill he's gotta leave. I think savoya sees himself as a top class driver, one of te best, he reminds me honestly of Christophe pourcel in mx racing, young fast n from France!! I actually root thus guy on cause he's a great driver, I'd imagine he would go to a team that has a new car out but a long known name, Durango is where he will land in America, they dint have any top top drivers here n they have money n a good name, Durango would be stupid not to get him. So will we see the shark running rb/durango? I hope so.
nope
__________________
Pinky kisses better than mason's mom
allan42r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 784
Default

I would love to see Savoya go to JQ, but I'm sure he has a pretty high price tag on his head. I would guess Xray has the money and is in real need of a top driver to promote the brand.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 AM   #33
Tech Elite
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,008
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24 View Post
I would love to see Savoya go to JQ, but I'm sure he has a pretty high price tag on his head. I would guess Xray has the money and is in real need of a top driver to promote the brand.
Actually, if he went to JQ, he probably would be sponsored through Amain just as Chad Bradley is.
__________________
Sfida
t8rtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Ok so it's obvious how this went down, he's a euro n when he came here for the opportunity to race in the states he probly took the offer, now mugen japan/ Europe has probly nothing to do with mugen us, so I've here no money mugen no money for savoya, so no euro mugen splitting that bill he's gotta leave. I think savoya sees himself as a top class driver, one of te best, he reminds me honestly of Christophe pourcel in mx racing, young fast n from France!! I actually root thus guy on cause he's a great driver, I'd imagine he would go to a team that has a new car out but a long known name, Durango is where he will land in America, they dint have any top top drivers here n they have money n a good name, Durango would be stupid not to get him. So will we see the shark running rb/durango? I hope so.
Is there any fact here, or is this all speculation? Sounds like the latter.

And btw, Savoya doesn't "see" himself as a top driver. He IS one of the top drivers in the world.
__________________
TPJ International
071crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #35
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,061
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Isnt the main reason he is moving to the US is to work with RB USA? If so perhaps Mugen Japan and USA are separate and he got a better offer from another car manufacture. Just a thought as to why he moved to the US in the first place. Im going to guess we will know tomorrow. http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=58727

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 AM   #36
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quinby south Carolina
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
Is there any fact here, or is this all speculation? Sounds like the latter.

And btw, Savoya doesn't "see" himself as a top driver. He IS one of the top drivers in the world.
Everything is speculation at this point, savoya is a top driver, but let's not get cocky here because we have alot of 'top drivers' who could make him sit mid pack when he starts racing our kinda races. I don't no how he's gonna like our tracks, he's use to high speed euro tracks, we have big jumps n totally dif tracks. I would like to see savoya at Durango, Losi would b a 2nd pick but drake true got it held down over there. Also I woke up n remembered that durango already does have 1 top top driver here, LUTZ! In my opinion those 2 would make great teammates.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #37
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Everything is speculation at this point, savoya is a top driver, but let's not get cocky here because we have alot of 'top drivers' who could make him sit mid pack when he starts racing our kinda races.
"our kinda races"?

Check your facts. Sounds like you have a short memory. Savoya placed 3rd in the 2008 worlds. At the Farm. Lots of US drivers. Lots of "our kinda races".
__________________
TPJ International
071crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #38
Tech Regular
 
Two-speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

My money is on Xray. RB USA and RC America are both in the Dallas area. Geographically it makes sense. Xray could really use an international talent like Savoya. And Swauger just left Mugen for Xray too.

We'll see...
Two-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,147
Default

good luck savoya...


Last edited by JONATHAN TAN; 12-31-2010 at 10:04 AM.
JONATHAN TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #40
Tech Addict
 
gabor szilagyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: greensboro nc
Posts: 505
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I don't think JQ has the money right now....unless Amain step up....
gabor szilagyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #41
Tech Regular
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i hope to see him with durango. xray is def a good bet though, but if he really tested the 408 i would bet money he would have a hard time walking away from that buggy
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #42
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Reno is top driver and he can only get better here in the US.. he will be good with whatever he runs Good Luck Reno!
__________________
Main Sponsor- My Wallet....
Mugen MBX7/Werks B5/M11
GS CLX PRO/Werks B2/M11
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #43
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

With all the speculation and matching brands with states, I really think
he will be promoting a new RB Speed control and electric motor and running the Slash (since Traxxas is in Texas) in the RC Corr truck series.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #44
Tech Elite
 
Marcus Falconie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,462
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Since everyone is guessing I would say he ran into Billy Easton at the track and said let me see how that RB engine of yours runs and when he drove the Serpent for the first time he said Thats the car for me:
__________________
Marcus Falconieri
2011 Xray 808
Torco Racing Fuels
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
omarwashington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-speed View Post
My money is on Xray. RB USA and RC America are both in the Dallas area. Geographically it makes sense. Xray could really use an international talent like Savoya. And Swauger just left Mugen for Xray too.

We'll see...
Thats what i'm thinking. It would be nice to have someone like Savoya run xray. They sure could use him. Where ever he goes I wish him the best, he was the guy I was rooting for at worlds
__________________
RCCARS!
omarwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club oblivion Australian Racing 19736 01-14-2017 01:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS KYLE COBRARACING Australian Racing 55 01-05-2011 07:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net