Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Newbie

I need some help. I bought 2 exceed Thunderfire's for my sons for xmas. The first one when I pull the pull start the tires move. The second one runs well but now when I us e the throttle it does not want to go. Are these both clutch issues?

Thanks
Jim
Old 12-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmartell21
I need some help. I bought 2 exceed Thunderfire's for my sons for xmas. The first one when I pull the pull start the tires move. The second one runs well but now when I us e the throttle it does not want to go. Are these both clutch issues?

Thanks
Jim
The one right when it starts tires move may be ingaged clutch but easier setting would be close the carb gap a but/ Very easy to do take air filter off and adust on radio th contrl. Should be a little nob on those radios will have TH around it some where and close it to where only 1 or 2mm mas is open for it to idle but not run off. Now for the other one im not understading whats wrong with the other. Also Exceed isnt a very good brand choice but its a poor car with many issues. I feel bad for saying this since it was a xmas gift to ur kids but the fact is those are problem matic vehicles.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

The one when you pull the pull start the tires move(won't start) The second runs but when yu use the throttle the car stugglrs to move. doe this help?

I know now I should have done more research
Old 12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmartell21

Thanks
Jim
Probably.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Most problems are hard to diagnose over the internet, my suggestion would be to find someone locally that can help. Might try finding someone in you area from the state groups on the forum index.