R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08 View Post
Get a Durango, you will be fast enough for 34th!!!
What is wrong with you bud? You have issues.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 206
Default

Yep, i do have an issue and its with that thread, I will not stop till its dead!!!
__________________
Tekin - The ultimate trophy hunters choice!!!
FactoryTeam08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Tech Regular
 
BradS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

To stay within your budget, try finding a good used buggy. You could probably find something close to your budget and still be able to race if once you are ready.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
Tech Addict
 
fallguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

yeah you will not get much with 300$ in 8th scale.. but you will be better with OFNA, they have pretty good parts support.

on the other hand i would not spend 1000$ if this is your first nitro... you might not like the hobby.. so if you only waste 300... no big deal

but for a budget a SCT might be a better option.
__________________
Hyper 9/MMM 2200KV/7955Tg
XR10/M2 DIG/7955Tg
MBX6T/Tekno V4/MMM 1800KV/7955Tg
Dnano
fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
smccolp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: northwest arkansas
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

for the price, the ofna hobao hyper 7 tq is a good buy. it comes with a 2.4 tx/rx (not subject to outside interference) and have good reviews for a base rtr vehicle. I considered that one myself but plan on racing and went with a little better buggy. good luck to ya though, ive spent hours trying to decide which one to go with. considering its your first nitro buggy and what you plan to spend, stick with ofna. Just plan on buying a descent set of servos.
smccolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Topeka
Posts: 1,330
Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)
Default

I would stay away from ofna as they are going away and it is getting hard to get parts for them anymore. I only know of a couple places that still sell parts for them. I am with everyone else on you trying to find everything for 300. My car alone cost 2 times that much then I have to buy a starter box 100.00 2 servos 260.00 a motor 350.00 a radio 400.00 transponder 100.00 you would be much better off with a slash or something along those lines cause they are 200 and you still have 100 bucks to buy a battery and charger which is still going to be tight. I wish you the best man but I would stay away from anykind of rtr nitro car cause that are not made with very good stuff
kcpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scexrcgp4wd.html

DO IT.

J/k.

Ofna Picco Buggy ftw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-34952-Picco...item3a5fc3af33

Picco engines have a Really good reputation.

and no the Buggy on Ebay is NOT used, just from a store.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpipeliner View Post
I would stay away from ofna as they are going away and it is getting hard to get parts for them anymore. I only know of a couple places that still sell parts for them. I am with everyone else on you trying to find everything for 300. My car alone cost 2 times that much then I have to buy a starter box 100.00 2 servos 260.00 a motor 350.00 a radio 400.00 transponder 100.00 you would be much better off with a slash or something along those lines cause they are 200 and you still have 100 bucks to buy a battery and charger which is still going to be tight. I wish you the best man but I would stay away from anykind of rtr nitro car cause that are not made with very good stuff
This is why you go Brushless.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #24
Tech Addict
 
dragracechief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, Wa.
Posts: 539
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is probably the best RTR value out there and its over double what you wanted to spend but would be worth it in the long run. You get basically everything you need and can always be upgraded with better parts as you go but it sounds to me like you are not jumping full bore into racing and more for fun so its probably more than fine if the extra cash isn't a problem.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:59 AM   #25
Tech Rookie
 
ct#67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracechief View Post
The Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR is probably the best RTR value out there and its over double what you wanted to spend but would be worth it in the long run. You get basically everything you need and can always be upgraded with better parts as you go but it sounds to me like you are not jumping full bore into racing and more for fun so its probably more than fine if the extra cash isn't a problem.
Agree, 100%. In the right hands this buggy is more than capable of doing good things.
Other than that your only choice will be on flea-bay and hope you luck out with a bargain
ct#67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Topeka
Posts: 1,330
Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
This is why you go Brushless.
ya alot of people think that cost less but if you add it up it cost about the same and if you blow a speedo and motor or lipo you are just spending more as well so it is about the same either way we have already added it up
kcpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpipeliner View Post
ya alot of people think that cost less but if you add it up it cost about the same and if you blow a speedo and motor or lipo you are just spending more as well so it is about the same either way we have already added it up
What about the cost of Nitro?

For the price of 200 engine, you can xerun brushless combo and a few lipos for that price.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
What about the cost of Nitro?

For the price of 200 engine, you can xerun brushless combo and a few lipos for that price.
That will blow up on you and then your re buying anyway..........

bottom line, You will not find QUALITY for 300. there are plenty of RCs out there for 300, but with the headache you will endure, not worth it. IMO
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #29
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
That will blow up on you and then your re buying anyway..........
I've had an Exceed Sunfire Brushless for the past 8 months, hasn't really gave me a problem yet (I just stripped a gear, since I recently got a Lipo.)

Its all in how you take care of it, and how you treat it.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #30
Tech Addict
 
dragracechief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, Wa.
Posts: 539
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

But nitro is just more fun!!!!
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Nitro RC kur1j Rookie Zone 22 12-16-2009 03:27 PM
New to nitro rc sk8boarder Rookie Zone 30 11-28-2007 12:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net