R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 233 (99%+)
Default Truggy clay track tires

I am having a very hard time finding any Panther Raptor Clay compound tires...what else is anyone running on an indoor clay track? I have heard the Hot Bodies MegaBites in pink would be good, but they don't come with foams, so what foams would you put in them? Also, anyone know why there are no Panther Raptor Clay's to be found?
jonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonski View Post
I am having a very hard time finding any Panther Raptor Clay compound tires...what else is anyone running on an indoor clay track? I have heard the Hot Bodies MegaBites in pink would be good, but they don't come with foams, so what foams would you put in them? Also, anyone know why there are no Panther Raptor Clay's to be found?
HB megabite pink compound with AKA grooved foams are the tired to have IMO. they work great everywhere. and last forever.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On our track a lot of guys run Switch 2.0 tires. I run the Panther Boa's which over time as they wear they get better and better.

I ran at RaceWorld a couple weeks ago and was very happy with the Boa's. Were very Predictable. I know the fast guy I ran with the day I was there was running Proline Recoils, another guy was running Proline Calibers.

My Suggestion would be to see what the fast guys are running on your track. I think a Small to medium pin size is your best bet.

"A bad race day is still better than a Good work day!"
Goomba_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

jonksi I will be at L.H this sat/sun I have a set of panther raptors I will sell ya for $20.00 for all 4 on white wheels with aka foams I can only run HB tires anymore so I have no use for them.

as for the pink megabites I run the AKA foams and trim the edge just slighty on both sides to keep the tire "rounded" other wise they make the tire "flat"
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
jonksi I will be at L.H this sat/sun I have a set of panther raptors I will sell ya for $20.00 for all 4 on white wheels with aka foams I can only run HB tires anymore so I have no use for them.

as for the pink megabites I run the AKA foams and trim the edge just slighty on both sides to keep the tire "rounded" other wise they make the tire "flat"
Ryan...you need to come to Raceworld on the 1st and then Leisure on sunday. I will take them.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Anyone else run anything different with good results?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i got some new clay switches for sale
golferdude1971 is offline   Reply With Quote