R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Sarcasm View Post
can anyone else help?
When the engine revs up, is the clutch bell turning?

You probably need to check the clutch. Most likely have to take the engine out to get at it. Bearings, shoes or springs could be toast.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
You're going to have to check the clutch. Probably have to take the engine out to get at it. Bearings, shoes or springs could be toast.
ok thanks for the help. but its my first nitro car and i need to know what im looking for.
Lt. Sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
ok thanks for the help. but its my first nitro car and i need to know what im looking for.
As far as the clutch goes, any trouble will be pretty obvious. Once you take off the clutch bell, make sure the shoes are held tightly in by the springs. A broken spring will allow a shoe to flop around. The two bearings in the clutch bell should almost fall out. Put them on a pencil and spin them around. See if the are smooth. Many times bad bearings will just look bad with missing bearing balls and etc. Your clutch shoes should be good, given that the vehicle is so new, but check them to see if they are worn down to the retaining springs. You might use some very fine grit sandpaper (something like #400 grit or so) to clean the inside of the clutch bell.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:

Maintenance is a rather large important part of this hobby and unfortunately its up to You to figure out what's wrong. Diagnosing problems Online is normally a difficult thing to do in Comparison to having an experienced Rc enthusiast look at it in person. Do you have any Rc buddies ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Sorry i couldnt have helped you out more the other day. have you removed the clutch bell to look at the shoes, see if somethings hung up, are the shoes glazed, super glossy, melted, clean the inside of the cluth bell with a green scrubby or steel wool, double check your manual for how the parts should look and how they work.

and also to look up any parts you may need, I dont know what scale your vehicle is, 1/8 scale clutch shoes are pretty universal. if thats the problem.
rc_racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Do you have any Rc buddies ?
yes. my dad came over and he helped alot. he got the car to move. but there is still a problem. when i hold the car in the in my hand(not touching the ground) the wheels move fine and no noise. but when i put it on the ground and start off slow(like first starting my warm up run. not even a fourth speed) it is fine. runs like normal no noise. but when i start speeding up the noise starts. what do i do
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
yes. my dad came over and he helped alot. he got the car to move. but there is still a problem. when i hold the car in the in my hand(not touching the ground) the wheels move fine and no noise. but when i put it on the ground and start off slow(like first starting my warm up run. not even a fourth speed) it is fine. runs like normal no noise. but when i start speeding up the noise starts. what do i do

Sounds like the diffs might be chewed up....Did you check them by chance ? The Teeth will look dull in some spots if you've stripped them.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Sounds like the diffs might be chewed up....Did you check them by chance ? The Teeth will look dull in some spots if you've stripped them.
Yeah I looked all threw. Nothing was striped. :/