R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
I had no idea they hit the brakes so often.
We have some pro guys at our track....I often watch only their transmitter ...I was amazed as well. Hundreds of times per lap...
cordarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #92
Tech Adept

When you know that there are 3 points on the track that you make mistakes, do you repeat those points again and again explicitly or do you just run the whole track and just try to drive better/slower at those points?
Jaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
When you know that there are 3 points on the track that you make mistakes, do you repeat those points again and again explicitly or do you just run the whole track and just try to drive better/slower at those points?
I will normally run the section a couple times in a row to get a feel for it, then do a full lap trying to add what i learned. Then i would run a couple more laps trying to get it consistent. After a tank or 2 of doing that, i try to pick up the pace. But being consistent is far more important then shaving a 10th here and there. You have to look at all wrecks that require a marshal as 10 second mistakes. Even if you slow down, a section wont cost you that much time.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 AM   #94
Tech Adept

I just want to carry out a constructive practice for once and I never do because everytime I go to the track I start racing around with a couple of friends and I forget to actually practice! I thought of doing two laps and then stop and think about where I went wrong and try to understand how to drive at those points.

Also because I never see the good drivers around for practice I don't know if I am doing something wrong at certain points of the track or if my setup isn't tunned enough to take the track at those points...
Jaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #95
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Where should braking points be entering a corner? How can I pick up corner speed?

Should the Brake be applied way before the corner and roll through or start applying gas through the corner?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #96
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaqu22 View Post
Where should braking points be entering a corner? How can I pick up corner speed?

Should the Brake be applied way before the corner and roll through or start applying gas through the corner?
all that really depends on set up, diff oils, sway bars, ride height, shock oil, tires,....ect, many awnsers for your question
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote