R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
). A good rule of thumb, is to use your age as your exponential steering setting. I am 19 years old, and I find around 15-20% steering expo to be the best for .................................................. .................................................. ..................This has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on rc tech. Your age for steering expo??? Lord How do you turn???????
He is talking about exponential not epa now thats funny
THE HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Quote:
). A good rule of thumb, is to use your age as your exponential steering setting. I am 19 years old, and I find around 15-20% steering expo to be the best for .................................................. .................................................. ..................This has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on rc tech. Your age for steering expo??? Lord How do you turn???????
I am talking about expo - not EPA
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #63
Tech Elite

In my opinion it takes three things in order to prepare yourself to drive fast.

1. Wrench Time........ Take time to understand your car, parts and why each thing do.

2. Set up - Find one and stick to it..... You cant be fast if your car is not stable.

3. Practice as much as you can. No matter if its gas or electric - race as much as you can.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
I am talking about expo - not EPA

still is one of the dumbest ive ever heard in my 8 years of racing toy cars.....I know what your talking about but still.....im 27 and that would def not work for anyone that know...must be an over the pond thing..LOL
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Interesting

I've watched alot of guys never change their style. I like to run punched, but will not win with that style so I had to adjust my style.

Consider adjusting your style up a bit go agressive if you're too smooth and NEVER crash. Smooth it up if your punched.

I'm thinking it has to be more difficult to go from punched to smooth then smooth to punched.
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #66
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
I'm 105... What should I do? LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #67
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

And instead of buying for 100$ of useless hopup parts, buy 2-3 gallons of fuel and few glow plugs and PRACTICE...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
I'm 105... What should I do? LOL

bwah hahahahahah

the best way to set your epa is to start your car pick a straight line in the concrete or even the transponder loop if it is under ground and fully turn you wheels to get to full lock ( make sure your streering rack will not hit you trans case) when you have a good radius to one side turn your car the opposite direction and repeat until your turning radius is as close as possible to the other side. That is how you dial in your steering to be equal! I have done this in onroad for years and it works everytime!

In my opinion...The best way for decreased lap times are running as many laps as possible. Tires dont really matter too much during practice because the track will probably change befor race day! use a set of tires that are close to being dialed for the track on a usual race night. When you can run consistant laps on tires that are a little worn or close to what you would run, think how well it could be on actual raceday! i like to run a tire that is a little looser when practicing. It will help throttle control also i believe. Try changing things in your set ups and write them down.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:
still is one of the dumbest ive ever heard in my 8 years of racing toy cars.....I know what your talking about but still.....im 27 and that would def not work for anyone that know...must be an over the pond thing..LOL
You can use the advice or not. It is very common thing to do (atleast in onroad) where I am from. And it works.

I can give you an example (from onroad) from 2 weeks ago:
One of my off-road mates started to race onroad electric this winter season, so he can practice in the winter. The first couple of runs, his car was very nervous and he couldn't handle / control the car. So we tried out the advice: He is 34 years old, so we tried using 30% of expo steering. Immediately he got better control of his car.

I am 19, and I use 15% expo steering, which is excellent for me.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't worry about him he's American Us Europeans will stick together
Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Yes I am....No ninny's here!

I just dont know anyone that runs there steering that low? Seems you would have to start turning in way to early. INMO It just does not make sense to me! But i guess thats what forums are for.....useless B.S.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC8racer View Post
Thanks Smiley!! I always try to run with Gary Hagard, Mike Battalie, Courtney Tate or really of the fast guys here in the DFW area can not wait to club race with the RB guy Reno Reno Savoya...!
You just hit the nail on the head... where you run makes you feel slower than you are. There are guys running sportsman locally who would run expert most places... because of who runs expert here. Mike, Courtney, Tex, Gary, Josh, Hunter, etc... then the guys like Pole Dancer, James, etc... Moving to open is going to be a humbling experience.

And practice more. That's what it is going to take...

I suck because I don't get any practice... and I know this is true. I'm just having fun, I don't take it seriously.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yes I am....No ninny's here!

I just dont know anyone that runs there steering that low? Seems you would have to start turning in way to early. INMO It just does not make sense to me! But i guess thats what forums are for.....useless B.S.
Again - I am not talking about end points / EPA. I am talking about steering exponential. What it will do, is make the car steer a little less in the beginning of the steering throw, making it easier to make small corrections / makes the car more calm. When turning the steering wheel more, the car will turn even more, meaning we will have the same amount of steering as normal, but the steering comes at different points in the steering throw.

We don't have less steering - we don't turn down our steering.

I can try to explain it in numbers.
Lets say you turn around 10% on the steering wheel. With xx% of expo, the car will only steer 5%. But when get above 50% or so on the steering wheel, it will begin to add more steering per percent. Lets say that you have 35% of steering when turning the wheel 60%. Then when you turn the wheel 70%, you might have 45% steering. And when you reach 100% on the wheel, you are up to 100% in the car.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much with the above. I find it hard to explain expo steering in english, when english is not my native language

Last edited by Nilks; 12-27-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
You can use the advice or not. It is very common thing to do (atleast in onroad) where I am from. And it works.

I can give you an example (from onroad) from 2 weeks ago:
One of my off-road mates started to race onroad electric this winter season, so he can practice in the winter. The first couple of runs, his car was very nervous and he couldn't handle / control the car. So we tried out the advice: He is 34 years old, so we tried using 30% of expo steering. Immediately he got better control of his car.

I am 19, and I use 15% expo steering, which is excellent for me.
I used to run exponential. I got faster by taking it out.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I used to run exponential. I got faster by taking it out.
HOLLLLAAAAA!!!!!!

I'm with you bro. That's a crutch. Sooo many people i see dial their stuff out on the TX. 0% Boii !! *offroad*....