R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Xray 808 .10 spec

Hi guys! i am new to this website and i am just getting into a 1/8th buggy. I have a xray 808 10 spec with werbs b7 pro engine and crime fighters m3, but my only issue is the servos i have. Currently i have 2 perfex servos i got from a on road kyosho car. I was wondering if they are any use or should i just get new ones? I have already ordered a 9kg metal gear servo for throttle and i was wondering if this perfex would work temporarily before i get a god one?
Thanks Very Much, Jacob M.
xrayb7pro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayb7pro! View Post
Hi guys! i am new to this website and i am just getting into a 1/8th buggy. I have a xray 808 10 spec with werbs b7 pro engine and crime fighters m3, but my only issue is the servos i have. Currently i have 2 perfex servos i got from a on road kyosho car. I was wondering if they are any use or should i just get new ones? I have already ordered a 9kg metal gear servo for throttle and i was wondering if this perfex would work temporarily before i get a god one?
I say if you are looking to race, which I assume you are, then no. You will need something with higher torque for steering.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jacob,

Welcome to the Club!

9kg is probably just enough but if you want longevity and durability in a race, I suggest you look at something that is more powerful and faster. The extreme forces in offroad racing put loads of stresses on the equipment, if you can afford it then always bring more to the table than you need.

Personally, I am running 20kg servo for both throttle and steering. Overkill? Maybe but it didn't break a sweat (only a slight warm) after an entire bashing session...

FYI, the entire XRAY cavalry is here:

New XRAY 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayb7pro! View Post