R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
so 45$ for the hingepins and just shim the diffs.?I might need a new case because my gears clacked last time out
ya , um any clackin and you have your brakes set too tight and grabby and you better shim your diffs

i have blown my fair share of gears to know what does and doesnt tear em up

use is107 and is102 i believe

107 is the new harder pinion
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
you still alive ?

LOL yeah bro am still breathing, season hasn't started yet because of club's budget we are already a month late and i hate it when no nitro smoke is in the air. thats why am leying low

Kman16jr, yup thats all you need, get a stock st-rr case. also dont forget the fuel tank mod, better safe than sorry.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

so i'll pick up a few cases along with the newer pinion and ring gears.I'm ordering the bigbores for it as well.Should i go with ofna shims?
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

oh and what is the fuel tank mod?
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i use the stock kyosho shims without problems,

this is how i shim my diffs, i make sure the diff sits really tight in the case, you almost have to force it in to sit in the case. i then check the mesh (make sure no grease is in the case or on the gears to really feel it) i shim it until its very tight and doesnt sound good, i then remove one .1mm shim from the left side to the right side and Voila

about the tank, it tends to crack when the chassis flex specially if you have big jumps in your track. i removed the tank, i also removed the two tank mounts (the plastic ones) i added rubber orings between the chassis and the plastic mount, i cut a proline closed cell foam the size of the bottom of the tank (why cloased cell? because its water and fuel resistant) why Proline?? because thats the only thing Proline foam is good for LOL just kidding,
put it underneath the tank and mount the tank, i also used 2 additional orings, one undeneath the tanks mounting hole and one on top, when you mount the tank, dont overtighten the screws, you wanna make sure its sits safe in its place but when you push it down, you can see it presses the foam and goes back to its place. you get it??

4 tanks on different trucks cracked before we did the mod, since then, no tank issues at all.

hope this helps

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote