R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Angry hsp - tryannosaurus

hi everyone,

I am pretty new to nitro and rc world.

I bought hsp tyranno, and was enjoying until I started dune bashing. The air filter came off and sand entered the carb and engine. Now I am thinking of buying a new engine and was wondering which one shud I go for? Stock engine is vertex vx-18. I was told by a friend that sh engines are good for power and abuse. But here in dubai its pretty difficult to find 18cxp engines. And I was wondering if I cud fit in 21cxp engine in my truck?? Will I have to replace some parts and mod it to fit?

Ill be uploading some pix later to give u guys an idea.

Help wud be really appreciated as I am new to this

Thanx in advance.
gwandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Default

y i cant upload photos?
gwandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 86
Default

chek out plaig.com forum, i know they specialise in HSP ars they will be able to help you a little more than here good luk
__________________
Average Joe's RC
HBTRAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
alphaplus-guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwandi View Post
hi everyone,

I am pretty new to nitro and rc world.

I bought hsp tyranno, and was enjoying until I started dune bashing. The air filter came off and sand entered the carb and engine. Now I am thinking of buying a new engine and was wondering which one shud I go for? Stock engine is vertex vx-18. I was told by a friend that sh engines are good for power and abuse. But here in dubai its pretty difficult to find 18cxp engines. And I was wondering if I cud fit in 21cxp engine in my truck?? Will I have to replace some parts and mod it to fit?

Ill be uploading some pix later to give u guys an idea.

Help wud be really appreciated as I am new to this

Thanx in advance.
first advice is sell the whole thing and buy something with quality not toy plastic and butter alloy
__________________
Ask me anything about alpha plus series engines. z852(green), F850(red), S852(orange)
alphaplus-guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Default

i am a beginner, dont wanna buy expensive stuff and rip it appart
gwandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBTRAV View Post
chek out plaig.com forum, i know they specialise in HSP ars they will be able to help you a little more than here good luk
thnx man!
gwandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwandi View Post
i am a beginner, dont wanna buy expensive stuff and rip it appart
And as a beginner, I would invest in a quality RC....... The old saying, you pay for what you get. There is a reason why most people on here have Good quality stuff.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
Tech Addict
 
delane74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: waterloo ia
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default invest

i dont believe anyone is trying to be mean, the point is most of us have invested time and money on LOW END products and ended up not happy. lord knows i have some collecting dust. some times better to start with a better product and up grade from there.
delane74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nothing wrong with going cheap imo, Just know how to take care of it.

I've had my Exceed Sunfire Pro for 7 Months now, and haven't had one issue with it (with the exception of a pin coming loose from rear right wheel)
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
alphaplus-guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Nothing wrong with going cheap imo, Just know how to take care of it.

I've had my Exceed Sunfire Pro for 7 Months now, and haven't had one issue with it (with the exception of a pin coming loose from rear right wheel)
put a real engine in that and put it on track and it wont last a qualifier,
put a s852 alpha orange head on 2072 pipe in it.... it will rip APART a cheap ass drive train...

i can see the whole diff coming out of the rear of that thing.
__________________
Ask me anything about alpha plus series engines. z852(green), F850(red), S852(orange)
alphaplus-guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaplus-guru View Post
put a real engine in that and put it on track and it wont last a qualifier,
put a s852 alpha orange head on 2072 pipe in it.... it will rip APART a cheap ass drive train...

i can see the whole diff coming out of the rear of that thing.
Thats why most people use it as a basher and not as a race car.

Same reason why people don't run RTR Ofna's at the track.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaplus-guru View Post
put a real engine in that and put it on track and it wont last a qualifier,
put a s852 alpha orange head on 2072 pipe in it.... it will rip APART a cheap ass drive train...

i can see the whole diff coming out of the rear of that thing.
Just so you are aware, you give ALPHA engines a terrible name.

To the O.P, I would stick with the VX-18. I would not upgrade engines until you upgrade your chassis. I think the .18 CVR or something is a side exhaust engine, but I would just get another Vertex. Have fun with what you have then get a better vehicle. Good luck!
__________________
Team Terribles Georgia State Rep
Team Losi Racing
Pineland RC Race Director
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgagem View Post
Just so you are aware, you give ALPHA engines a terrible name.

To the O.P, I would stick with the VX-18. I would not upgrade engines until you upgrade your chassis. I think the .18 CVR or something is a side exhaust engine, but I would just get another Vertex. Have fun with what you have then get a better vehicle. Good luck!
then why are you giving bad advice? everyone else has said get quality gear and you come along an say keep it.
those cheap quality cars are not worth the headaches.

keep your opinions to yourself, ESPECIALLY if your giving out bad advice at the same time.

as far as his comments go some mybe rude but they do speak the truth. if only you knew who he was...
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem
Default

I'm not giving out bad advice, I'm giving advice. All you're buddy is doing is basically cutting him down for buying something cheap.

We all start somewhere, and he started cheap. Let him enjoy it, and hopefully he'll upgrade later.

And I could care less who he is. I would say the same thing to his face, and yours
__________________
Team Terribles Georgia State Rep
Team Losi Racing
Pineland RC Race Director
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Thats why most people use it as a basher and not as a race car.

Same reason why people don't run RTR Ofna's at the track.

Funny you say that, Offroad it might be the case, But Onroad they have actually put together something decent with their recent 1/10 TC. Ive placed consistently in the top 3 with Xray T3's and HB TCX's with Pilots who have been on the carpet for near 10years plus.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net