R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New guy here.. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/463304-new-guy-here.html)

Zackattack 12-20-2010 10:18 AM

New guy here..

Hello everyone! Im new to this hobby, and hoping yall could help me out. I just ordered my first nitro rc truck (HPI Firestorm 10t) and really looking forward to the experience. Did some research on the truck and hopefully i made a good purchase. Just wondering if there's anything that needs to be done besides getting batteries such as recommended oil and so on. Also, what early mods should be done. Thanks in advance!

newuserlosi8t 12-20-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zackattack (Post 8367586)
Hello everyone! Im new to this hobby, and hoping yall could help me out. I just ordered my first nitro rc truck (HPI Firestorm 10t) and really looking forward to the experience. Did some research on the truck and hopefully i made a good purchase. Just wondering if there's anything that needs to be done besides getting batteries such as recommended oil and so on. Also, what early mods should be done. Thanks in advance!

is a 10 t a ten scale truggy or truck
i would recomend getting a few extra plugs some after run oil for storadge of motor etc get tools to fit all aplications on the truck READ UR MANUAL etc others will chime in soon on more stuff i dnt know this truck so i cant tell u the upgrades needed if any at all
if it doesnt have a reciever pack and its using 4 aa batts to power the reciever and servos u definatley want to get a 5 cell hump or flat whatever ur truck takes u will go thru aa batterys quick

Boostcreepr 12-20-2010 11:26 AM

i would suggest looking to see if there are any RPM Upgrades for this truck as they are basically unbreakable. Or if u plan on racing or just bashing u could upgrade the shocks and such... suspension for me has always been the #1 priority for upgrades, after suspension get the little things like after market bodies or wings, wheels, tires, etc..

newuserlosi8t 12-20-2010 11:32 AM

yes if ur going to race it a set of tires and a good overall setup is key shocks do play a hudge part as far as upgrades rpm is great just worry about driving ur truck and getting to know it as stuff break upgrade it or replace it is what i do and get a few extra parts for it arms hubs etc there is nothing like a day cut short do to parts breaking and not having replacments

Zackattack 12-20-2010 11:38 AM

Appreciate all the great info! Yes it is a 1/10 scale. I dont plan on racing it, but i wouldnt mind putting down some power. Suspension is probably what ill do first. Any suggestions as to what i should mess with first on the suspension? Thanks.

Sylvain 12-20-2010 01:29 PM

Inspect all screws to see if they are well tighten, oil the air filter if not, read the manual carefully, especially for the engine break in. Get 12 AAs, make sure radio trims are ok and you should be ready to go.

RPM parts are an excellent idea. They are unbreakable.

Zackattack 12-20-2010 01:40 PM

Thanks guys! Im going the suspension route first. What exactly are RPM parts? I wouldnt mind putting some power down though im iffy on tuning the engine. And know of any good websites to get parts from? Thanks!