R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man i hear you. I was at my lhs a few weeks ago and out the door a set of caliber premoumts was $93!!! What a rip!! And people wonder why we shop online.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Man i hear you. I was at my lhs a few weeks ago and out the door a set of caliber premoumts was $93!!! What a rip!! And people wonder why we shop online.
even the man with no budget complains if some on came out with a great compound and tread and sold them dirt cheap they would for shure come out on top, thats if they could make a quality tire such as proline ,jc etc and produce it at a low cost and sell it cheap i think people would jump on the tire
i dnt run truggy but buggy tires still getcha
newuserlosi8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #18
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t View Post
even the man with no budget complains if some on came out with a great compound and tread and sold them dirt cheap they would for shure come out on top, thats if they could make a quality tire such as proline ,jc etc and produce it at a low cost and sell it cheap i think people would jump on the tire
i dnt run truggy but buggy tires still getcha
Yes they do and when you run the ironman on race day and enter all 4 classes nitro buggy/truggy and E buggy/truggy tires burn up quickly. And I do have a budget I just like to pretend like I don't. Hahahaha whatever the truck needs is my budget.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running the same set of holeshot M4's on and off for almost a month and they are still doing ok......but i'm not what you would call fast and i tend to have unorthodox tire choices
THE OHIO RC FACTORY
mccutch12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes they do and when you run the ironman on race day and enter all 4 classes nitro buggy/truggy and E buggy/truggy tires burn up quickly. And I do have a budget I just like to pretend like I don't. Hahahaha whatever the truck needs is my budget.
ya thats alot of classes to run on top that u got fuel plugs etc a expensive day for shure but all worth it in the end i wnt be able to make it to antioch on 26th got family coming for holidays
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #21
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t View Post
ya thats alot of classes to run on top that u got fuel plugs etc a expensive day for shure but all worth it in the end i wnt be able to make it to antioch on 26th got family coming for holidays
Awe man. They will be there when you are done
Well you will be missed
Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

ok new idea.. lol since JC has buy one get ones with out foams for less than 20 bucks for 4 tires.. .. so ive found at least 50000000000000 post about removing old tires.. cut them... bake them , or acitone vapors?? lol
Old 12-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Awe man. They will be there when you are done
Well you will be missed
hek with family i need to feed the addiction i will c whats up maybe josh will come for he can pit for me or if not u able to help out never ben to antioch so dnt know anyone unless any of the rescue crew is there
Old 12-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
ok new idea.. lol since JC has buy one get ones with out foams for less than 20 bucks for 4 tires.. .. so ive found at least 50000000000000 post about removing old tires.. cut them... bake them , or acitone vapors?? lol
ya that will save some $$$$$
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tires are retarded expensive for truggy. There's a couple of tracks out there that eat them up bad too and it drives me crazy. I hate dropping $70 for a set of tires to get one race day out of them. I'll still use them for club races and practice, but no way I'd throw down at a big race with them again. I'm going to mix some things up this year and see if I can somehow reduce what I'm spending on tires.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #26
Tech Elite

if only tires were 40 a set we would all be running new tires on club days practice day big events
Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

How long do you bake the tires in the oven? I imagine you develop flex in the wheel.
tiger200350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #28
Tech Prophet

i, dont see truggy tires getting a cheaper any time soon but at least they last long depending on the track surface and how you are on the throttle.

i just look at a butch of online shops that have the cheapest price for aka premount truggy tires.

gs hobby has the best price for them out of anyone !

i run my truggy tires intill i have no grip or site bite at all i think thats what a lot of club racers do now .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
2 gallons of acetone in a 5 gallon bucket will last forever if you keep the lid on it and cut the foam out first. Will take 4 truggy tires off in 48 hours. Just submerge the tires and wheels and walk away and come back another day. Rubber falls right off. Been using my 2 gallons for a few years, it's about $17 a gallon right now at walmart/lowe's. Keep the lid on, it evaporates if not.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #30
Tech Prophet

Quote:
paying 70 bucks for a set of truggy tires that are fast for one day , then sell them off to some broke a$$ on here for 40 bucks lol. 8th scale isnt cheap. but this is like the only thing that is just crazy to me. everything else seems pretty justified. i see duratrax jumped in the tire game but they are only like 3 bucks cheaper for a set lol . i think this is really hurting the class . like foams for touring , there comes a time when you get tired of spending 40 bucks on a set of foams to true them away and use for a night of racing. lol

in, my opinion i dont think it hurts the class a lot because for one depending on what kind of track surface you run on truggy tires last a lot longer than buggy tires.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote