R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #31
Tech Regular
 
davet323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

All we want is an approximate date surely its not that hard

Last edited by davet323; 01-09-2011 at 02:50 AM.
davet323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
Tech Regular
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

ill wait. if it is good enough for versus then its probably going to be awesome
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
pitpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrozilla View Post
ill wait. if it is good enough for versus then its probably going to be awesome
my man!
__________________
Cody King's Wrench (and dad :))| Team Kyosho International | Reds Racing Engines | Pro-Line Tires
KO Propo | Byron Fuels | AbsoluteHobbyz.com | Stickit1 Racing | kustomrcgraphics.com
LiveRC.com | OCRC Raceway | codykingrc.com | ROAR Sanctioning Director
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #34
Tech Regular
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

were there any other camera's shooting at the worlds that were not shown on liverc that are going to be on the dvd and versus??
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #35
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
they are trying to make this broadcast quality in order to show on Versus


WOOOW Really that would be awesome, then I can dvr it I just sawa commerical for traxxas last night watching the first AMA Supercross race of the season on speed I thought that was cool.I think with more of it getting into mainstream media it will keep getting bigger.


Has any of you seen the Movie "Carpet Racers"



Wel Thanks for the info on the DVD and I can't wait to get it.
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #36
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hmm, well here i was thinking that the worlds dvd must be owned by everyone on the planet but me.. Looks like it should be out soon. Shame no one knows or will say anyhting. I would be anoyed also if i "pre ordered"


meh


Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

So they are making this broadcast quality?
Dang I should just have waited and dvr'd it instead of spending my hard earned $

It would be nice for an update for those of us that preordered, but its not like it was a massive amount of $, I am just glad liverc exists, and support them in their endeavor!
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #38
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Default worlds dvd

Funny but I agree with both sides about this dvd. I agree that it takes time to make a quality product but I also agree that over 2 months is long enough to accomplish that. Just curious for those who say to wait let me ask you this, if you were to buy a product from say walmart would a 2 month wait be acceptable? Anyway I also ordered it and I don't mind the wait but I can understand those who are complaining.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #39
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Personally, just give me a down and dirty version right now. I don't care about Versus and studio quality, especially if I have to wait another month or two. And what's the deal with LiveRC not posting or responding to emails about a shipping date for the DVD? I believe many people had the 2008 DVD in their hands around the 20th of Jan, if not before.


http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=155

Last edited by nitroexpress; 01-13-2011 at 04:20 PM.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Personally, just give me a down and dirty version right now. I don't care about Versus and studio quality, especially if I have to wait another month or two. And what's the deal with LiveRC not posting or responding to emails about a shipping date for the DVD? I believe many people had the 2008 DVD in their hands around the 20th of Jan, if not before.


http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=155
Ok, they got the dvd around Jan 20 of 2009 right. The worlds were in October of 2008, so it took another month then you guys have given them. Things take time, but they should respond to emails.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
Tech Regular
 
nitrozilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

waiting is a part of pre-ordering other wise the word would not exist but it would not hurt to have a expected release date to help reassure
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #42
Tech Addict
 
Eric Swanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 606
Default

Hey guys,

All of the content for the DVD is finished and it is now in production. Barring any delays, the expected release date is January 20th. But like anything that needs to be produced through multiple channels, delays can happen.

The process will get quicker each time we do this. For those saying the 2008 DVD was out by now, remember...the race was held two months earlier. With all the cameras we shot with, we had 288 hours of footage to go through. As you may imagine, this takes countless hours and massive amounts of work to sort through, organize, decompress and form into a watchable sequence of video.


As for people who say they get no response to e-mails: Brandon has sent thousands of e-mails. Perhaps some get lost in the shuffle. Give him a day or three to get back to you, and if he doesn't, you can e-mail me at Eric@LiveRC.com and I'll try to handle your issue. But at this point, I would assume all e-mailers who are upset were inquiring about the DVD release date. There was no release date ever set. We have been working as hard as we can to make a quality product that is worthy of the money you spend, and all we could ever say was it will be done when it gets done. Let me assure you, this project has been worked on constantly from the time we got back from Thailand.

Unfortunately, Brandon does not have time to go on RCtech very often, so the chances of him finding this random thread and answering are slim to none. Hopefully my response helped answer some of your questions.

As for the rumors regarding on possibly TV airing: I assure you, the TV version (if it exists) would be nothing like the DVD. In fact, you could say it would probably take up enough resources and time as it would to make two DVDs at once. (hint hint) Either way, the time from race-to-release of this DVD will beat the '08 one. And we hope that each one from here on out will get faster and faster.

Thank you for your patience! The worlds DVD has a bunch of bonus stuff plus both full-semis (something the 2008 version did not have). It is pretty awesome, and I know you guys will enjoy it!
__________________
Team Associated | Reedy Power | AKA | Schelle | LiveRC | LiveTime
Eric Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #43
Tech Adept
 
kiwidave72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 162
Send a message via MSN to kiwidave72
Default Thanks

Thanks Eric for the update.

I had emailed Brandon about two hours ago and got a reply of the 20 Jan.

I want to thank you and brendon for all your efforts in the DVD.
Can't wait to see the racing .

Good luck on the next DVD...or even better blueray.

David Norden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Swanson View Post
Hey guys,

All of the content for the DVD is finished and it is now in production. Barring any delays, the expected release date is January 20th. But like anything that needs to be produced through multiple channels, delays can happen.

The process will get quicker each time we do this. For those saying the 2008 DVD was out by now, remember...the race was held two months earlier. With all the cameras we shot with, we had 288 hours of footage to go through. As you may imagine, this takes countless hours and massive amounts of work to sort through, organize, decompress and form into a watchable sequence of video.


As for people who say they get no response to e-mails: Brandon has sent thousands of e-mails. Perhaps some get lost in the shuffle. Give him a day or three to get back to you, and if he doesn't, you can e-mail me at Eric@LiveRC.com and I'll try to handle your issue. But at this point, I would assume all e-mailers who are upset were inquiring about the DVD release date. There was no release date ever set. We have been working as hard as we can to make a quality product that is worthy of the money you spend, and all we could ever say was it will be done when it gets done. Let me assure you, this project has been worked on constantly from the time we got back from Thailand.

Unfortunately, Brandon does not have time to go on RCtech very often, so the chances of him finding this random thread and answering are slim to none. Hopefully my response helped answer some of your questions.

As for the rumors regarding on possibly TV airing: I assure you, the TV version (if it exists) would be nothing like the DVD. In fact, you could say it would probably take up enough resources and time as it would to make two DVDs at once. (hint hint) Either way, the time from race-to-release of this DVD will beat the '08 one. And we hope that each one from here on out will get faster and faster.

Thank you for your patience! The worlds DVD has a bunch of bonus stuff plus both full-semis (something the 2008 version did not have). It is pretty awesome, and I know you guys will enjoy it!
__________________
Yokomo YZ-4 / Speedpassion 17.5. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
Yokomo BD7 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
kiwidave72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #44
Tech Regular
 
davet323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Swanson View Post
Hey guys,

All of the content for the DVD is finished and it is now in production. Barring any delays, the expected release date is January 20th. But like anything that needs to be produced through multiple channels, delays can happen.

The process will get quicker each time we do this. For those saying the 2008 DVD was out by now, remember...the race was held two months earlier. With all the cameras we shot with, we had 288 hours of footage to go through. As you may imagine, this takes countless hours and massive amounts of work to sort through, organize, decompress and form into a watchable sequence of video.


As for people who say they get no response to e-mails: Brandon has sent thousands of e-mails. Perhaps some get lost in the shuffle. Give him a day or three to get back to you, and if he doesn't, you can e-mail me at Eric@LiveRC.com and I'll try to handle your issue. But at this point, I would assume all e-mailers who are upset were inquiring about the DVD release date. There was no release date ever set. We have been working as hard as we can to make a quality product that is worthy of the money you spend, and all we could ever say was it will be done when it gets done. Let me assure you, this project has been worked on constantly from the time we got back from Thailand.

Unfortunately, Brandon does not have time to go on RCtech very often, so the chances of him finding this random thread and answering are slim to none. Hopefully my response helped answer some of your questions.

As for the rumors regarding on possibly TV airing: I assure you, the TV version (if it exists) would be nothing like the DVD. In fact, you could say it would probably take up enough resources and time as it would to make two DVDs at once. (hint hint) Either way, the time from race-to-release of this DVD will beat the '08 one. And we hope that each one from here on out will get faster and faster.

Thank you for your patience! The worlds DVD has a bunch of bonus stuff plus both full-semis (something the 2008 version did not have). It is pretty awesome, and I know you guys will enjoy it!
THANK YOU Eric

This is all i wanted.
Someone from liverc to let me know what was going on.
I dont care about the wait.
Just wanted some info.
Thank you again

Cheers dave
davet323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #45
Tech Regular
 
ronsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tromso, Norway
Posts: 412
Default

Can someone point me to a link to order the dvd. I had a look at liverc but could not find it. I guess I am going blind
__________________
Mugen MBX7 - Tekno V4 MBX6 - DEX410v3 - DEX210 - DESC410 - Serpent S411 - Futaba 4PKs - Tekin RX8 + RS Pro - Werks B6
ronsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LiveRC.com's World DVD Review Sylvain Nitro Off-Road 34 03-05-2011 06:34 AM
IFMAR Worlds are LIVE on LiveRC.com! Brandon Rohde Nitro Off-Road 64 12-13-2010 07:14 PM
2010 ifmar dvd release? batremi Nitro Off-Road 13 11-07-2010 01:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net