R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #136
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

oh boy... This thread is going no nowhere...

I've pre-ordered it, I want it but I understand that making a good DVD takes time so I just relax and wait Don't worry be happy
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #137
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dalton, Ga.
Posts: 1,002
Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgagem View Post
First off, I didn't say that, someone else did, and I quoted that without using the feature.

No, I'm quite sure they're not riding beamers from the profits of LiveRC. But they do it for money, while that may be pennies on the dollar compared to other companies, it is still for money. And regardless of how much they make from it is a mute point.

They offer products and services to consumers, and in my opinion, that alone makes them responsible for handling customer needs, good or bad.

The point I'm trying to make man is that if they are too busy to respond to customer emails about a product that is been pre ordered, and over it's deliver date, then they should have someone that can handle those requests. That simple.
it time for me to renew to "Team Terribles", you would be my state rep. not impressed...will not renew with "Team Terribles" its a dvd of a race that you all ready know who wins. it will not change, i have watched the 08 dvd 50 times and maifield still flames...
P.LOWERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #138
Tech Adept
 
we go hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: woodbridge nj
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
When you say Monopoly I can't help but think that they must be rakin in the cash and driving BMW's on the money live RC makes for them. Live RC is the only site we have around here to do this, but they did not start Live RC to be a monopoly, they started it as an added bonus for us the racers. They do Live RC because they love the racing like the rest of us and they try to give us a feel of being there. At some point all the negativity and online flaming is going to make them wonder if it's worth their effort. When that day comes they will go back to the racing they love and we will all get to sit and remember how nice it was when we had Live RC.
bro do you work for or with them? are you on payroll ? how do you know why they do anything ? your not a rep for them, you have no affilation with them. your some toolbox from colarado, AND DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD END A COMPANY BECAUSE WHAT 20 PEOPLE ON A RCTECH FORUM SAY? ive read some of your posts eleswhere and half the things you type make no sense. you have just shown you have no clue what a monopoly is. how about you turn your brain on before you spread your ignorance throught the internet. your in an argument with 3 people in here over THEIR OPINIONS. im not comming back in here to see your rediculose responce so know it will fall on def ears.
__________________
WWW.ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ.COM////////TEAM DURANGO//////O.S SPEED///////ACE /////////////BYRONS GEN2 30///////WWW.RCALLSTICKERS.COM////////WWW.GETSMACKEDINTHEMOUTHJUSTFORBREATHING.COM/////////////SPEKTRUM////////
we go hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #139
Tech Master
 
Chris Peralta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by we go hard View Post
bro do you work for or with them? are you on payroll ? how do you know why they do anything ? your not a rep for them, you have no affilation with them. your some toolbox from colarado, AND DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD END A COMPANY BECAUSE WHAT 20 PEOPLE ON A RCTECH FORUM SAY? ive read some of your posts eleswhere and half the things you type make no sense. you have just shown you have no clue what a monopoly is. how about you turn your brain on before you spread your ignorance throught the internet. your in an argument with 3 people in here over THEIR OPINIONS. im not comming back in here to see your rediculose responce so know it will fall on def ears.
Whoa turbo, before you call someone stupid you should click on the spell check.

I am not affiliated with Live RC in any way. I do appreciate what they do for us tho, where it seems many people take it for granted. I have been to a few big races and watched these guys work, and have seen what it takes for them to make Live RC happen from race to race.

I do apologize that half of my posts on this website make no sense to you.
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #140
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

Hello again,

I know there is obviously some frustration with some people on here, and it has been noted. As I said before, we will work on improving email response times in the future. Please understand though, its not that we don't care. It literally comes down to not having enough hours in the day. While we are working non-stop on the DVD, there are also other races that need to be covered in that time frame, along with 45 hours a week at my day job. In December, there was the Spektrum Off-Road Challenge. Then back-to-back weeks in Columbus, OH for the CRCRC races. Then 8 days with driving out to California with our trailer and covering the Reedy Race. There is a fine line in there where we try to judge if our customers want the DVD a week or two earlier, or if they want the live race coverage of all these other races. I think it would be a unanimous decision that everyone wants to see continued coverage of the races at the sacrifice of a slight delay in the DVD release date or lesser customer service. I know that's not the ideal answer, but the other option is getting everyone an email response within 24 hours, but cutting back the number of races we cover.

During busy times of the year, we receive between 200-300 emails per day relating to various things. While we are at the races, we are working non-stop on the race coverage. I know this isn't a good excuse, but I just want you guys to know where we are coming from. We are not ignoring your emails. We just have not got to them yet. To be fair, all emails are answered in the order that they are received. I am getting caught up right now, but it takes time.

As for hiring another person to handle this... yeah, I would love to. But unlike what many people think, LiveRC does not have that kind of budget. Right now, this is still a losing venture being funded out of pocket. I'm willing to do that because I love racing and going to the races. Each year the hit gets smaller, but its still a big hit. For the worlds, we took a huge chance to fly out 7 people on our crew, pay for hotel rooms, salaries, food, we got all new equipment to bring instant replay and other features to our broadcast, and we beefed up our server farm to over a dozen servers to handle the load so we had no website crashes like in 2008. Additionally, we did have extra crew members here so I could focus solely on emails during the event, and I think everyone can agree that during the worlds, all emails were answered in less than 2 hours. Overall, the broadcast went pretty flawless, but when all was said and done, I could have drove a brand new Kia off a cliff instead.

Again, we apologize for any delays like I said before, and we will always try to find ways to improve on things in the future. However I really don't know what more you guys want me to say. I have pretty thick skin and realize that some of this comes with the territory, but this is getting a little ridiculous and its starting to get more personal. I don't ever come on RCTech; frankly because I don't have time to read through forum posts. In this case, someone told me I should come on here because people were asking what's up, so I did. If you still have additional questions, feel free to email me and I WILL respond, but just give me some time to get to it.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #141
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
Hello again,

I know there is obviously some frustration with some people on here, and it has been noted. As I said before, we will work on improving email response times in the future. Please understand though, its not that we don't care. It literally comes down to not having enough hours in the day. While we are working non-stop on the DVD, there are also other races that need to be covered in that time frame, along with 45 hours a week at my day job. In December, there was the Spektrum Off-Road Challenge. Then back-to-back weeks in Columbus, OH for the CRCRC races. Then 8 days with driving out to California with our trailer and covering the Reedy Race. There is a fine line in there where we try to judge if our customers want the DVD a week or two earlier, or if they want the live race coverage of all these other races. I think it would be a unanimous decision that everyone wants to see continued coverage of the races at the sacrifice of a slight delay in the DVD release date or lesser customer service. I know that's not the ideal answer, but the other option is getting everyone an email response within 24 hours, but cutting back the number of races we cover.

During busy times of the year, we receive between 200-300 emails per day relating to various things. While we are at the races, we are working non-stop on the race coverage. I know this isn't a good excuse, but I just want you guys to know where we are coming from. We are not ignoring your emails. We just have not got to them yet. To be fair, all emails are answered in the order that they are received. I am getting caught up right now, but it takes time.

As for hiring another person to handle this... yeah, I would love to. But unlike what many people think, LiveRC does not have that kind of budget. Right now, this is still a losing venture being funded out of pocket. I'm willing to do that because I love racing and going to the races. Each year the hit gets smaller, but its still a big hit. For the worlds, we took a huge chance to fly out 7 people on our crew, pay for hotel rooms, salaries, food, we got all new equipment to bring instant replay and other features to our broadcast, and we beefed up our server farm to over a dozen servers to handle the load so we had no website crashes like in 2008. Additionally, we did have extra crew members here so I could focus solely on emails during the event, and I think everyone can agree that during the worlds, all emails were answered in less than 2 hours. Overall, the broadcast went pretty flawless, but when all was said and done, I could have drove a brand new Kia off a cliff instead.

Again, we apologize for any delays like I said before, and we will always try to find ways to improve on things in the future. However I really don't know what more you guys want me to say. I have pretty thick skin and realize that some of this comes with the territory, but this is getting a little ridiculous and its starting to get more personal. I don't ever come on RCTech; frankly because I don't have time to read through forum posts. In this case, someone told me I should come on here because people were asking what's up, so I did. If you still have additional questions, feel free to email me and I WILL respond, but just give me some time to get to it.
appreciated.. is it still on to be shipped out end of week????
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #142
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
appreciated.. is it still on to be shipped out end of week????
Yes. We have the DVD's ready. We are just awaiting the final printed packaging to arrive.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #143
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
Yes. We have the DVD's ready. We are just awaiting the final printed packaging to arrive.
ok cool.. will we get an email saying it is shipped??? you know like those generated from paypal!!!
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #144
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
ok cool.. will we get an email saying it is shipped??? you know like those generated from paypal!!!
If your shipping address matches what you have in PayPal, yes. If you emailed me with a different address, then it won't come from PayPal. It will take about 2-3 days to get all the pre-orders shipped out. I will post on here once everything is shipped.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #145
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
If your shipping address matches what you have in PayPal, yes. If you emailed me with a different address, then it won't come from PayPal. It will take about 2-3 days to get all the pre-orders shipped out. I will post on here once everything is shipped.
ok good... i will look out for email in the next couple of weeks
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #146
Tech Master
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem
Default

P.LOWERY - My involvement with Team Terribles has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and honestly have no idea what would possess you to even mention that. I sent you a PM so we can continue that conversation elsewhere.

Brandon - Although my posts may seem otherwise, I GREATLY appreciate what you guys do for RC Racing. There really is no words to describe how awesome you guys are. The only reason I posted anything was because I feel people have a right to be upset when they pay for something, don't receive it, and can't get any answers by E-Mail. I know how busy you guys are, and I know it's nearly an impossible task to juggle everything.

I would be more than willing to offer any help I can in customer relations. I wouldn't ask for anything in return. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to PM me.
__________________
Team Terribles Georgia State Rep
Team Losi Racing
Pineland RC Race Director
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #147
Tech Elite
 
rokitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

I didnt pre order, were can I order one? live rc?
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #148
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,161
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Is this where I can order a BCE chassis?















J/K
arm2storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #149
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
I didnt pre order, were can I order one? live rc?
You can pre-order for the discounted rate before Friday at:

http://www.liverc.com/store/
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #150
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

boomgageman> Yeah, I understand where you are coming from, trust me. I know how frustrating it can be not getting a response, and I feel for you guys. But as hard as I try, there is a point where there physically just isn't enough time in a day. Once things get settled in here, I will work on setting up a trouble ticket system where we can hopefully have a couple different people help out in return for some free memberships and stuff.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LiveRC.com's World DVD Review Sylvain Nitro Off-Road 34 03-05-2011 06:34 AM
IFMAR Worlds are LIVE on LiveRC.com! Brandon Rohde Nitro Off-Road 64 12-13-2010 07:14 PM
2010 ifmar dvd release? batremi Nitro Off-Road 13 11-07-2010 01:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net