Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JQ The Car or DNX408

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

I do not have the JQ with that being said I do like the JQ very much from what Ive read & heard its going to be a HIT
Old 12-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Well even I do not think this thread will help anyone to select which one they should get I'll put some points here since I've driven both. Again these are subjective since they are just my own opinion.

JQ is closer to LOSI in terms of behaviour meaning it's more nimble and nervous so to say. DNX in on the other hand is more stable like. DNX is heavier than JQ and it also feels like it. Both jumps well, turns better than LOSI and can maintain great corner speeds. What I mean by turning is that LOSI turns well but it means you need to have the rear end harder (use hard springs, small hole pistons etc) so you kind of a float the rear end. Also with this setup you need to be more carefull when you open the throttle exiting turns etc. to avoid the rear end to get loose. This is OK when you have smoother tracks and/or high grip but when you are more on the loose and rough it's where LOSI is in troubles and to me these both are not. To me JQ and DNX do not have that mid corner push like LOSI. Again Both accelerates well and in my opinion with normal diffs better than LOSI. With actives things are a bit different and since either JQ or DNX offers them yet you can't really compare. Now before all the LOSI fanboys jumps this I'd like to point out again that this is my personal experience driving both cars + LOSI 2.0 this year.

Now which one you should pick I can't say. However if you are more on the stable kind of car which still accelerates, jumps and turns well then I think DNX. If you want nimble and light maybe even nervous car with the above properties then JQ might be your pick. I can't stress enough that the kits are from 2 completely different worlds in terms of how they perform and basically the only thing in common is that they both are extremely fast. Both are new platforms with a lot of new ideas and both will further evolve when they get more track time & setups to suit different tracks and drivers. Spares cost to me are seconday thing but to some it might matter. Again if you do not have the support locally it really does not matter what the parts cost. Also according to my experiences either of the car has weak spots meaning if you keep it more between the pipes than crashing to what ever moving or non moving objects you should be fine and on the other hand everything breaks no matter of the brand. It remains to be seen how the support of these will eventually turn out in each area or track but both can be sourced from the big US on-line shop so if the local shop for some reason runs out you should not be in trouble.

After all the above all I can really say is that drive both and make your own decisions. As said they are so much different from each others that you really need to drive both in order to actually decide which one is better for you and you only.
Have you driven both cars? I have driven the DNX and it drives nothing like you describe. What set up was on the DNX?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
You have every right to like the Durango.... Hope the the throttle linkage mess works out for ya. It's cool to have something very thought out, but to me that looks a little over done.... Sometimes simpler is better for ME, because in gas racing there is way too many things that can already go wrong.
+1 DONT FIX WHATS NOT BROKEN
Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by infanterene
Have you driven both cars? I have driven the DNX and it drives nothing like you describe. What set up was on the DNX?
Did you read what I posted ? Anyway YES I've driven the DNX. Also my setup is in DNX thread (from worlds) Again as I said this is personal thus subjective thing and I described how I felt so would be nice to hear where you think I missed something.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did you read what I posted ? Anyway YES I've driven the DNX. Also my setup is in DNX thread (from worlds) Again as I said this is personal thus subjective thing and I described how I felt so would be nice to hear where you think I missed something.
My ride last year was first a jammin x2 then switched to rc8b. Rc8b turns on a dime. How do these new cars compare to the AE? I never drove a losi.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gameholic2
I was 60/40 in favor of the car before seeing THE Pic...
Now i'm seriously looking into the Durango...
Like most people i regarded the Durango as a pretty car and the JQ car as the Racers ride I still think THE CAR is the most efficient design but that shaft Will be THE problem...
Hello I am one the lucky racers who got the chance to race THE Car for my country national race. I did not experience any problems then with the shafts and i ran a very used car. So far i have hear nobody actually suffering DNF since that picture everyone have been speculating. I invite you to test THE Car before jumping into conclusions you will not be dissapointed .

Best Regards,
Old 12-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Well even I do not think this thread will help anyone to select which one they should get I'll put some points here since I've driven both. Again these are subjective since they are just my own opinion.

JQ is closer to LOSI in terms of behaviour meaning it's more nimble and nervous so to say. DNX in on the other hand is more stable like. DNX is heavier than JQ and it also feels like it. Both jumps well, turns better than LOSI and can maintain great corner speeds. What I mean by turning is that LOSI turns well but it means you need to have the rear end harder (use hard springs, small hole pistons etc) so you kind of a float the rear end. Also with this setup you need to be more carefull when you open the throttle exiting turns etc. to avoid the rear end to get loose. This is OK when you have smoother tracks and/or high grip but when you are more on the loose and rough it's where LOSI is in troubles and to me these both are not. To me JQ and DNX do not have that mid corner push like LOSI. Again Both accelerates well and in my opinion with normal diffs better than LOSI. With actives things are a bit different and since either JQ or DNX offers them yet you can't really compare. Now before all the LOSI fanboys jumps this I'd like to point out again that this is my personal experience driving both cars + LOSI 2.0 this year.

Now which one you should pick I can't say. However if you are more on the stable kind of car which still accelerates, jumps and turns well then I think DNX. If you want nimble and light maybe even nervous car with the above properties then JQ might be your pick. I can't stress enough that the kits are from 2 completely different worlds in terms of how they perform and basically the only thing in common is that they both are extremely fast. Both are new platforms with a lot of new ideas and both will further evolve when they get more track time & setups to suit different tracks and drivers. Spares cost to me are seconday thing but to some it might matter. Again if you do not have the support locally it really does not matter what the parts cost. Also according to my experiences either of the car has weak spots meaning if you keep it more between the pipes than crashing to what ever moving or non moving objects you should be fine and on the other hand everything breaks no matter of the brand. It remains to be seen how the support of these will eventually turn out in each area or track but both can be sourced from the big US on-line shop so if the local shop for some reason runs out you should not be in trouble.

After all the above all I can really say is that drive both and make your own decisions. As said they are so much different from each others that you really need to drive both in order to actually decide which one is better for you and you only.
Thank you for your great review. The good the bad and the ugly. It always goes a long way in my book when a review let's out the bad too. Every car is not for every racer. That's why there are so many cars out there. Some people only want to hear the good, they accuse bad reviews of hurting sales and must live in the land of ice cream and lolli-pops. Every car has it's pros and cons. It's nice that someone is willing to put it out there upholding honesty and integrity.

Thanks again
Old 12-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nice to have someone give an honest comparison for a change, in stead of simply jumping on the "every brand but the one I bought is crap" bandwagon.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Heres some more....shock springs DNX 5.50 & 5.00 JQ 9.25 ...diff ring gear DNX 23 bucks JQ 33.99 and the list goes on.....
Here's another thought. DNX lap times: XX.XX, JQ lap times: XX.XX - XX.40
Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I havnt read the whole thread so I may have missed someone making a similar comment but on pricing ......

while the point about spares prices is very relevant to us as racers it is important to remember the people behind these buggies are trying to run businesses. We dont know there cost structures or aspirations to just scrape by and make a living following their dream or maybe make millions for them selves ?

As far as I understand JQ Products is basically a 1 man business producing one product currently. Durango is similar ? but has at least 1 other platform over which to spread some of its costs (1/10th).

I dont consider either to be miss priced or over priced. Maybe the JQ stuff breaks less or wears out slower so despite being 'more expensive' you only need 1 for 2 or 3 of the Durango parts (this is just an example so no one needs to go getting excited !)

Maybe JQ and or Durango want to produce great buggies and make a ton of money in the process. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Their products and business plans will be tested by all of us racers. We will judge if the the products are any good and everything is at the right price by voting with our feet and wallets.

remember for us spending the money this is all for fun but for everyone producing and selling this stuff ..... ' it aint show friends its (show)business '

Just my thoughts thinking about it in a slightly broader context, and by the way I drive a 1.0 Losi in case you were wondering. Still pretty happy with it too !
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cromanelli
Hello I am one the lucky racers who got the chance to race THE Car for my country national race. I did not experience any problems then with the shafts and i ran a very used car. So far i have hear nobody actually suffering DNF since that picture everyone have been speculating. I invite you to test THE Car before jumping into conclusions you will not be dissapointed .

Best Regards,
Last night i pulled the trigger and got myself the JQ
I still have some aprehensions about the drive shaft issue but a friend of mine told me there was very little play in the suspension mechanism and the plastic seems to be stout so i'm feeling confident that it will stay in.
i only hope that it doesn't develope play that will allow the shaft to pop out.
I'm on vacation right now will be home in a couple of weeks to start THE build
Old 12-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey england dont mind guys making money for their hard earned work....but 6 bucks for 1 rear hub carrier ....not both and same for the c-hubs..at 7.99 for 1 ..sorry get real.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
Last night i pulled the trigger and got myself the JQ
I still have some aprehensions about the drive shaft issue but a friend of mine told me there was very little play in the suspension mechanism and the plastic seems to be stout so i'm feeling confident that it will stay in.
i only hope that it doesn't develope play that will allow the shaft to pop out.
I'm on vacation right now will be home in a couple of weeks to start THE build
Good luck you might end up with an ice cream via fed ex
Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Good luck you might end up with an ice cream via fed ex
^^^^ your bad
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just looking at the two.. dont know what one drives better, or what one will be more durable. but the DNX looks like alot of time and out side of the box thinking went into it.. if they handled the same and did not break down i would have to go with the DNX, some of the engineering looks pretty cool/handy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.