Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin x2crt vs. RC8T

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jammin x2crt vs. RC8T

I have never owned a truggy, and Im really getting the itch. I have always been an associated fan, but the kit is a bit pricey. I understand its worth it, but I was looking at the Jammin as well. Is it a lesser quality kit? whats the deal? Im 99% sure I wont be entering any races, but I will be at a track. Not going to bash it in the woods or anything.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

i love my x2 crt, once you get used to it and find a good setup for you they are every bit as fast as the trucks now. For the price go for it durable good race truck still, absolutely not bashing rc8t though
Old 12-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Im an 1/8 newbie, so I need something durable. I know the RC8T is more of a gracefull race truck. when the time rolls around, I'll just have to see where my budget is.

what about a used Jammin X1? are the X2 dramatically different?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont know anything about the Jammin so I cant say anything about it but im sure its fine. I have an RC8T and its been very durable, only race it but my racing is more like bashing anyway, in one year of racing broke one rear chassis brace(the composite version) and one lower rear shock end but I do a lot of maintaince too, more because I like to than need to.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd go with the RC8T, it's more durable, and better overall. The kit may cost more but it gives you more for your $$ than most pro kits IMO. Most of the guys in our club got rid of their Jammins, and were saying that they go through alot of wheel bearings.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I had a Jammin x2 crt and the truck was a tank! I could not break the thing The truck is very stable, jumped well, but the steering was ok..def. not better than a Rc8t. Imo, I would buy the x2 between the two choices. I've seen the diffs go out too frequently on the Rc8t. IMO, if you would like to buy a better truggy than both jammin and ae, buy a Mugen MBX6T, Losi 2.0T or HB D8T.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Diffs do not "go out" on the RC8T
Old 12-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Diffs do not go out on an the RC8T.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Go for the jammin x2 truggy it's super tough n no need to hop up, spare parts are cheap too!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ecpete
I had a Jammin x2 crt and the truck was a tank! I could not break the thing The truck is very stable, jumped well, but the steering was ok..def. not better than a Rc8t. Imo, I would buy the x2 between the two choices. I've seen the diffs go out too frequently on the Rc8t. IMO, if you would like to buy a better truggy than both jammin and ae, buy a Mugen MBX6T, Losi 2.0T or HB D8T.

I have to say you're wrong, the diffs are rock solid on the RC8T, I'd venture to say the toughest I've seen. I put over 30 gallons on mine before I had a diff problem, all on stock shimming, I never once swayed from the original shim setup. I can't say that about any of the other chassis I've raced against. The RC8T is rock solid overall, and it's fast, even though it's a little on the heavier side compared to a newer chassis. It responds very well to setup changes and can turn in on anything.
The Mugen is great on the track, but they seem to break more often than an RC8T, from what I've seen. It's MUCH lighter though ( almost 3/4 of a pound! ) so you should see better runtimes with it. The Hot Bodies seems to be pretty good from what I can see, both ( ..all three )still much better choices than the X2!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

RC8T

+1
Old 12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

the Hot Bodies could be a good way to go too, that D8 truggy seems to be liked well. my local store only stocks for traxxas and associated, and even then its hit and miss for parts.

I like the price of the HB and Jammin, I just wasnt sure if the price reflected the quality or not.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with the Hot Bodies D8T, might be the best bang for the buck in 1/8 nitro. When I started nitro racing I did as much research as I could, read the forums, watched races and looked at each kit numerous times. I went with the RC8T because I liked the layout and liked what I saw and heard about it and am very happy with my choice, others may or may not like it but that doesn't matter to me, I like it and its very competitive with any others. Thats what you should remember, no mater what you choose some wont like your choice, pick what makes YOU happy. Any of the top kits are very capable machines and the D8T is an inexpensive way to go. You may also look at the Losi 8eight T RTR, you get a lot of equipment with it. By the way like the others said there are 0 issues with the RC8 diffs.

Last edited by dragracechief; 12-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dragracechief
You can't go wrong with the Hot Bodies D8T, might be the best bang for the buck in 1/8 nitro. When I started nitro racing I did as much research as I could, read the forums, watched races and looked at each kit numerous times. I went with the RC8T because I liked the layout and liked what I saw and heard about it and am very happy with my choice, others may or may not like it but that doesn't matter to me, I like it and its very competitive with any others. Thats what you should remember, no mater what you choose some wont like your choice, pick what makes YOU happy. Any of the top kits are very capable machines and the D8T is an inexpensive way to go. You may also look at the Losi 8eight T RTR, you get a lot of equipment with it. By the way like the others said there are 0 issues with the RC8 diffs.
+1 well said
Old 12-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I went with the rc8t over the HB truck. Its a zero issue truck.. drop it on the track as it cones out the box and race a top level truck. No upgrade parts needed. Look at the used VS used. Se trucks are sold stock. The others have $200 worth of aftermarket or other manufactures parts to make them right. I am watching the HB trucks to see if my view in it adds up because I was thinking about getting one. But right now im running a truck I know my local hobby shop carries parts for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.