R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I have had both trucks you are talking about in your original post. I have had Jammin X1 and X2 in both buggy and truggy. I sold all my Jammins to switch to Associated. I don't think I was any faster with my RC8T, but I was the only one running that truck so I didn't have a whole lot of others to go to for setups or spare parts.
To me, the Jammin X2 felt good in the few races I ran it in. The truck felt kinda heavy in the air. It was harder to correct if I had a bad launch off a jump. I left the stock hubs on it and switched to the 0 offset wheels. This helped with the turning. Once I did that, It handled good.
The RC8T felt like it jumped better, it might be a little more balanced. It also felt a little easier to drive hard. I wasn't too worried about pushing the truck in the rougher parts of the track.

Both trucks are durable, so don't go by that in making your decision. I had almost every part you would think you might ever need for a repair, and barely used any of them on either truck. Like most people will tell you, look around at what others in your area are running, and ask them what they think of their truck. Help with setups and parts will probably be easier to find locally and on here for the RC8T as most people have sold or left their X2 to sitting on the bench.

Stephen