Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to Thunder Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What happened to Thunder Tiger

I'm looking for a new engine for my old tomahawk 1/10 buggy. Since TT is kind of in limbo with Great Planes for now, what else can I use that the clutch will fit on. What do you guys recommend for a cheap swap? I could get an OS 18 CV-R for short money but the shaft doesn't look like it would work.

Or does anyone know where to get TT stuff?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muley149
I'm looking for a new engine for my old tomahawk 1/10 buggy. Since TT is kind of in limbo with Great Planes for now, what else can I use that the clutch will fit on. What do you guys recommend for a cheap swap? I could get an OS 18 CV-R for short money but the shaft doesn't look like it would work.

Or does anyone know where to get TT stuff?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAHSL&P=SM
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

ThunderTiger4U.com was a cool place but their website is under maintenance for a while now
Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I didn't think of Tower, thanks. Looks like they have plenty to keep the old girl going for a while longer.

Will any of the other brand engines work? ie, are the cranks pretty much the same or do you have to stick with brand specific power? I could work out a mount for anything, but can't machine a crank. I'm a heli guy and don't know squat about buggies except they're fun and my dog loves chasing them.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The Tomahawk 1/10 buggy uses a small block (.12 to .18) engine with a SG crankshaft, rotary carburetor and side exhaust with a pullstart.

That's what you should be looking for.

These engines should fit.... Choice is very limited

Team Associated RC10GT2 RTR .15 engine -> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHTN0&P=7

Thunder Tiger PRO .18BX w/Rotary Carb -> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAHSL&P=0