Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm sorry but i wouldn't wear any t-shirt i didn't want to and if they don't want me to race then so be it. Maybe they can push around guys who do it for a living, but i honestly don't care to and would tell whomever is in charge to go f#ck themselves. They can dictate what i put on the track but they can't dictate what i put on my body.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jwm2
I'm sorry but i wouldn't wear any t-shirt i didn't want to and if they don't want me to race then so be it. Maybe they can push around guys who do it for a living, but i honestly don't care to and would tell whomever is in charge to go f#ck themselves. They can dictate what i put on the track but they can't dictate what i put on my body.
tru dat
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

at least they were labeled as pussies for not wearing a 'MEOW' shirt.

R
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I get the pride viewpoint, but do you realize how many different photos NASCAR drviers have to take just to wear a different hat? This is the same, just on a smaller scale. Once you become sponsored, and I mean truly sponsored, those are some of the requirements of being sponsored.

I'm not up to par on what ROAR has to do with these drivers. But if they are representing ROAR, then I agree, follow the rules.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you want to play the game then you better follow the rules, you don't follow the rules then you are out, as simple as that.

What's all the fuss about wearing the official t-shirt? If they don't like the design, I am sure ROAR can arrange a Paris Hilton pink version for them...
Old 12-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Here's the official announcement from ROAR:
http://www.roarracing.com/?p=838

ROAR Conduct and Rule Violation Member Warnings

ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension warning status of membership due to conduct and violations of published rules at events attended in 2010. This warning status will be reviewed by the Executive Committee at varying times during the year of 2011. Should one more incident be investigated and found in violation, the member will be suspended from any ROAR competition for the term of one year from the date of violation.

Should questions arise from this announcement, contact the ROAR President via email only at [email protected].

Greg Degani
Billy Easton
Ryan Lutz
Jesse Robbers
Jay Schaeffer
Chad Phillips

Guys! Please enjoy the hobby and follow the rules...
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default So when

Do the moderator delete this thread? I'm learning here, why is it going to be deleted?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

From what I read on another site, some of the guys simply didn't have the shirt. If ROAR was smart, they would have handed them out AT the event. Instead, they mailed the to racers in the weeks prior to the race.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121

Look at all the ROAR shirts. They should all be suspended. LMFAO!!!!!

Ah....wonderful Indonesia in 2006 where about 1/2 of the US team got taken out by food poisoning in the first 48 hours and we all got freaked out by having to basically clear checkpoint Charley to get near the hotel before having to pass through metal detectors at the entrance of them to even get in lol. It was however quite confidence inspiring to have armed guards walking around the pits to protect us though after the recent bombings in Bali. Those were the good old days when you could wear whatever you wanted, men could be men, Al-Qaeda lurked underneath every rock and only the brave ventured forth to represent their country! Glad to have been there!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Ah....wonderful Indonesia in 2006 where about 1/2 of the US team got taken out by food poisoning in the first 48 hours and we all got freaked out by having to basically clear checkpoint Charley to get near the hotel before having to pass through metal detectors at the entrance of them to even get in lol. It was however quite confidence inspiring to have armed guards walking around the pits to protect us though after the recent bombings in Bali. Those were the good old days when you could wear whatever you wanted, men could be men, Al-Qaeda lurked underneath every rock and only the brave ventured forth to represent their country! Glad to have been there!
nice Ron!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Wow, sounds like quite an experience!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

WHile granted it was an organized event, but this seems way harsh to me for not wearing a T-shirt.. Not like it was black tie and they showed up in T-shirts..

I say the 5 of them should boycott ROAR just because..
Old 12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ScottyM
WHile granted it was an organized event, but this seems way harsh to me for not wearing a T-shirt.. Not like it was black tie and they showed up in T-shirts..

I say the 5 of them should boycott ROAR just because..
Loot at it this way:

These guys are some of the best drivers that represented North America in an International World Championship Race (which by no coincidence IS the pinnacle of 1/8 Nitro Buggy Race) attended by racers all around the world which only happen once every 2 years and they can't even wear the right t-shirt? What else can one surmise about them?

Boycotting ROAR is childish...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

+ 1 on that .......

I feel racers should form another sanction for racers by racers and quit participating in ROAR completely. I feel ROAR as done, attemped, implemented, and regulated more bone headed rules that actually set racing back for years. I also believe ROAR tries on purpose to keep this sport under the radar because if we introduce some real major sponsers with high monetary backing sponsers and racers alike will see that ROAR tries to manipulate the manufactors and their drivers.

Ok I'm done just my $.02
Old 12-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Governing bodies kinda suck but are a must. I raced go karts and had to join and abide by the rules of the WKA(world karting assoc.)if i wanted to attend any big races and found them to kinda hinder the sport but what can you do? Then for many years i competed in powerlifting and had to join the USPF(US powerlifting federation) if i wanted to be ranked and qualify to go to the world championships held by the anti christ IPF(international powerlifting federation), lol. Then powerlifting competitions were ruined by all these new governing bodies that got sick of the bs from the USPF and the IPF. Now it's watered down by a dozen or more gov. bodies and there's many different world champions, a joke. The same can happen to rc racing. Roar isn't perfect but at least we can run our choice of pipes unlike efra. Point being is like it or not we need a unified governing body to qualify for the one and only worlds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.