R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #91
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy View Post
ELECTRIC IS TAKING OVER VERY FAST!
You all have excuses is to why something is so but the real truth is electric is the future its eco friendly, FUN and a blast to do.
Sorry NITRO racers or bashers your time is up time to let the ELECTRICS THROUGH!!
ive seen many many 1/8 ESC'S go up in flames! with all the pretty blue, green, orange colors, it was truly a beautiful sight.....LMAO!!!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #92
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alot of competitive / Angry people in this thread.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Alot of competitive / Angry people in this thread.
+1! Electric is faster around the track, easier to use, lower maintenance and in the long run is much cheaper. Everyone has to use batteries, whether you run nitro or electric. Just wish batteries were cheaper so the electric guys could run a 20 minute main without spending a fortune.
RC8daBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #94
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
ive seen many many 1/8 ESC'S go up in flames! with all the pretty blue, green, orange colors, it was truly a beautiful sight.....LMAO!!!

yup and to make them they do have chemicals like lead in the solder and other things that arent made here .

i seen it before its a neat looking flame.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #95
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB View Post
+1! Electric is faster around the track, easier to use, lower maintenance and in the long run is much cheaper. Everyone has to use batteries, whether you run nitro or electric. Just wish batteries were cheaper so the electric guys could run a 20 minute main without spending a fortune.

it can be faster but it depends if the driver can handle the torque and the driver also.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #96
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i like both myself, i only run nitro right now, but like watching the electric 1/8 scale. some of those guys are just plain CRAZY FAST!!! and is very fun to watch!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
ELECTRIC IS TAKING OVER VERY FAST!
You all have excuses is to why something is so but the real truth is electric is the future its eco friendly, FUN and a blast to do.
Sorry NITRO racers or bashers your time is up time to let the ELECTRICS THROUGH!!
When your pumping the watts into those $100 batterys, think of all the coal the local power plant is burning.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
Die electro-facists!

rofl
That statue in my avatar is in Daniel Chapter 2. Current Vehicle- Traxxas Slash 4x4. Vehicles I've owned and ran- TA RC8BE,Two Losi mini-eights, Mugen MBX6T Tekno V4(Best truggy ever), Kyosho ST-RR, 2 Losi 8t 1.0 E-Conversions, Mini- Revo, Traxxas Revo 3.3 converted to electric, Traxxas Stampede, Losi XXXbuggy. Vehicles I owned but never got to run- Traxxas Emaxx, Caster EX 1.5r, Ofna Hyper TT, Traxxas Rustler
richracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #99
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

not to mention the toxic chemicals in the batteries....

Both forms of racing have there pluses and minuses. I prefer Nitro...have for about 20 years. Although, some of the most fun i have ever had racing was 1/10th scale electric oval at the RCThunderdrome races and USA Speedway (now where the nitro pit is) in AZ. Great friends and great racing memories. I remember when electric was about the only thing out there, nobody ever showed up to race nitro...then the Nitro RC10T came on the scene and things started changing. It all comes and goes in cycles...Electric is on the upswing now...in 5 years, who knows, Obama will probaby outlaw the battery technology and the nitro and we will all be racing pinewood derby cars!

Scott
Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #100
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdphilips View Post

Both forms of racing have there pluses and minuses. I prefer Nitro...have for about 20 years. Although, some of the most fun i have ever had racing was 1/10th scale electric oval at the RCThunderdrome races and USA Speedway (now where the nitro pit is) in AZ. Great friends and great racing memories. I remember when electric was about the only thing out there, nobody ever showed up to race nitro...then the Nitro RC10T came on the scene and things started changing. It all comes and goes in cycles...Electric is on the upswing now...in 5 years, who knows, Obama will probaby outlaw the battery technology and the nitro and we will all be racing pinewood derby cars!

Scott

ha obama wont be around after 2012 trust me

even though thats off topic.

it, might be on the upswing but i havnt seen enough for a seprate class for them by looking at diffrent track results and my track also.. they just mix them with the nitro and theres never a constant turnout for them ethier so intill than i wont believe it.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #101
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to HotBodiesVe8Boy

LISTEN UP
electric is the future you cannot hide that or make excuses for it. If you wanna keep crying and saying electrics are facists just makes you a nitro one. So think about it really hard, what would they outlaw first nitro or electric?
NO COMMENT, POINT PROVEN!
HotBodiesVe8Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #102
Tech Prophet

Quote:
LISTEN UP
electric is the future you cannot hide that or make excuses for it. If you wanna keep crying and saying electrics are facists just makes you a nitro one. So think about it really hard, what would they outlaw first nitro or electric?

not anytime soon buddy.

think what you want to think about it.

if you listen to people on here that run nitro they said if electric ever does take over they will quit so it will hurt the hobby/sport.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
LISTEN UP
Relax man! I like them both! I was being funny...I know, not really that funny. The future is both, something to please everyone. So, Relax, have a cold one and wrench on your sweet RC.

Scott
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #104
Tech Initiate

I'm 15 years old and I race both. They both have there ups and downs. Nitro is you get the ability to tune the car. And if you do it right you get a giant pay off which is worth the work. And you have the sound, the smell, and the massive community out there that also races. But electric is 10x easier but not as rewarding. So I'm more of a Nitro guy a lot more fun
Lt. Sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #105
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdphilips View Post

Scott
Hahah that right, but remember that Nitro Fuel has got some pretty nasty stuff in it too. When I used to run nitro about a year ago, my nitro fuel always said something about cancer risk to pregnant women and people in california.
RC8daBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote