Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 2.0 brake setup tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Losi 2.0 brake setup tips?

Could you guys please let me know how you set your brakes up on the Losi 2.0? Is there any tips out there to get them to work there best? My brakes are set up decent I guess with conservative epa, but a few others I run with for whatever reason have killer brakes and we cant figure out the reason.....I have a 7955, and also have the updated losi disks. Thanks! 871
Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Prophet

one thing.. you chould try is make the brake gap closer so the brake linkage doesnt have to travel farther or push the brake collers in closer to increse the brake stregth but than you can fall into haveing brake drag problems.

so you just have to try one thing at a time.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you running the same tires?

Last race I was at I ran VP-pro axxman ultra flexx for the first two qualifiers, tried M3 crimefighters for the third. I had to brake 30feet earlier at down the strait to get the same line in and out of the turn.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try to keep your cams as centered as possible when your throttle servo is centered. Lot of the time, I see people have problems with their brakes and the main cause is there is too big of a gap between the pad/disk. I try to keep my brakes about 1mm away which is little to no play. I measure this by measuring 1mm on a tooth pick with a sharpie. I compress the two pads to sandwhich the brake disc. Then just set the screw head as close as possible to the tooth pick.
If your radio is set up correctly, you should intially have no brakes. This is when you make slow gradual passes on your track's straight away. Tighten your brake collars equally till your car stops smoothly. You're at a 50/50 brake bias. You can go more or less rear brake from there. OR you can go onto youtube and check out Adam's way of setting up his brakes. I just dont prefer that way personally. Both will get you same results. Goodluck