R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default What Breaks On Hot Bodies D8 and D8T?

Well, after being away from r/c for a long while I'm about to return... with my son!

I will be driving a Hot Bodies D8 and he will be driving a Hot Bodies D8T.

It's been so long since I've raced I'm sure I will spend as much time on the pipes as he will.

I'm basically looking for information as to which parts break and which of those parts have a sturdier upgrade available for them. I will upgrade what I can and make sure to have spares on hand for the "commonly broken" parts that don't have a sturdier upgrade available.

Not really looking for go-fast parts as we are both novices at this point and will have our hands full the way it is... but you can toss them in there for future reference as well if you like!

Thanks
dmusgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

the rear hubs on the truggy are very weak. My nephew hit a pipe and broke one easily. I put Hara ones on the truggy..it was a 50 dollar upgrade
Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusgrave View Post
Well, after being away from r/c for a long while I'm about to return... with my son!

I will be driving a Hot Bodies D8 and he will be driving a Hot Bodies D8T.

It's been so long since I've raced I'm sure I will spend as much time on the pipes as he will.

I'm basically looking for information as to which parts break and which of those parts have a sturdier upgrade available for them. I will upgrade what I can and make sure to have spares on hand for the "commonly broken" parts that don't have a sturdier upgrade available.

Not really looking for go-fast parts as we are both novices at this point and will have our hands full the way it is... but you can toss them in there for future reference as well if you like!

Thanks
Definately get the CNC servo horn and maybe the front knuckle arm. People have had good luck with the Jet parts.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/advanced_...52&keywords=d8
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I havent had any major part failure all season untill it got cold and i broke a rear hub. I would get the Alum servo arm and possibly the kingheadz upper servo arm.Cvd rebuild kits for the front shaft are a most after a few races.I replace mine every other but over the winter will upgrade to the better one.
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

cvd;s are the only issues really. Rest is normal breakage like al cars, suprisingly enough hb plastics are some of the best i have ran but any plastic breaks. I put 2 gallons on a buggy without replacing anythinf but 2 rear hubs. Bearings are still good etc so are me cvd's just put a dynamite boot and grease on them and ur good. Like all cars aluminum servo horn for steering is a must! Honestly if you buy the Hara edition buggy its 100% upgrades just the cvd's need boots and grease. Cant beat the price it includes aluminum hubs, lightweight parts and 3mm chassis and more! $430 on amain and its all you will need to buy other than a servo horn and dynamite boots and grease. The boots come in a pack with like 4 for a really cheap price. Also the hara has the long rear tower and shocks also the championship set up including springs, oils etc.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ve-Shaft-Set-1

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...4-Hitec-Spline

these are the only things i consider must have in my opinion. Anything else, I would do over time when it breaks or wears out. I run aluminum rear hubs on my D8T but mostly stock otherwise. They are both fairly tuff.
Attached Thumbnails
What Breaks On Hot Bodies D8 and D8T?-d8t%2520246.jpg   What Breaks On Hot Bodies D8 and D8T?-d8t%2520248.jpg  
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntersDad View Post
the rear hubs on the truggy are very weak. My nephew hit a pipe and broke one easily. I put Hara ones on the truggy..it was a 50 dollar upgrade
so with a $50 upgrade the truck is still hundreds cheaper than other truggys. i wouldnt be too upset about that if i were you
Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkendi View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ve-Shaft-Set-1

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...4-Hitec-Spline

these are the only things i consider must have in my opinion. Anything else, I would do over time when it breaks or wears out. I run aluminum rear hubs on my D8T but mostly stock otherwise. They are both fairly tuff.
this is about what i would say too. rear aluminum hubs are a good thing to have too.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

Everything breaks on a HB's LOL. Joking

A buddy of mine had a D8 and the normal breaks were, Rear Hubs, and the CVDs. He upgraded to the WC CVDs and added all the alluminum/lightweight upgrades. Also the Shock towers are very brittle. Bent 2 rear and 1 front in one race day. Put the Tekno towers on and ROCK n Roll.