R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-04-2010, 04:12 AM   #16
JQ
Tech Master

Having actually been at the race I can say that Cody definitely deserved the win and surely surprised and impressed me with his driving. Along with Ryan Maifield he was the most confident looking and cleanest throughout the main.

The two main things that happened that helped him to his victory were Maifield flaming out, he looked to have things under control, and Hara getting a stop and go, even after waiting on the track for the other guy.

Preperation + Opportunity = Luck

I strongly believe you make your own luck most of the time.

You cant compare the worlds to a clubrace in USA, its very different, in so many ways.
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
yeah baby!!!!!
If he was running a HES TUNED NOVA. He would of lapped the field
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #18
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
If he was running a HES TUNED NOVA. He would of lapped the field
There is nothing wrong with Orion engines , they are another top notch italian product !!

But thanks for the props Jerry
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
There is nothing wrong with Orion engines , they are another top notch italian product !!

But thanks for the props Jerry
I was sticking up for Adam Drake and the Losi!! I know Orion engines are good. And your welcome Monty. Any new engines out yet??
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!

Last edited by teamlosi906; 12-04-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: add
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
I was sticking up for Adam Drake and the Losi!! I know Orion engines are good. And your welcome Monty. Any new engines out yet??
not yet

PK and Cody did a great job of keeping all the stars aligned to conquer the worlds race!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think everyone sensed that Kyosho would make a strong statement at the worlds. Cody has always been ballistic fast everywhere he goes, and Jared coming off his Roar Nats sweep. The people at Kyosho are making the racing aspect of the hobby more true and professional, which is a good thing that benefits all of us into competitive racing for the long run. These two guys have raised the standard for professional racing and I strongly think that Kyosho will be dominant and red hot going into 2011.
T-Squizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 AM   #22
Tech Rookie

Thanks JQ!! I am just happy to do well for my sponsors. If i remember correctly I crashed with a couple laps left and Hara took the lead and I got it back. I got a little lucky when he crashed at the end. 808gx7r Didn't someone ever tell you if you dont have anything nice to say then don't say anything? I worked very hard to win and I don't appreciate you coming on this thread and running me down!!! Thanks everyone for your nice comments
codyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #23
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't see how luck is an issue. It's all about prepping your car and controlling that throttle! All the best drivers had a chance to win. The most consistant driver won!! If your engine is tuned properly you won't flame out! Plain and simple. Driving you car in a safe manner will keep you from breaking! What's with all the hate??
Old 12-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUD View Post
I don't see how luck is an issue. It's all about prepping your car and controlling that throttle! All the best drivers had a chance to win. The most consistant driver won!! If your engine is tuned properly you won't flame out! Plain and simple. Driving you car in a safe manner will keep you from breaking! What's with all the hate??
+1
Old 12-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess the interview was too sureal for Cody. After winning the worlds, I doubt this wasnt even close for him to being nervous.
T-Squizzle is offline   Reply With Quote