R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default A special thanks to "Out Front Frames!"

Wes Brown, owner of "Out Front Frames," races with us at our local track... I had a mishap that broke the trigger mechanism on my radio... I REALLY wanted to run that day, so I was digging through my box trying to find something that I could rig up to run.

Wes kindly offered me a little sheet of carbon fiber that he had with him which I used to fabricate a replacement, and a burr bit for the dremel to cut it with. (The trigger itself was broken off up into the body of the transmitter.)

A few minutes with a dremel, a little CA, and a bit of scratching my head and teaching those around me some new combinations of swear words and I was back in business. Works like a champ!

(note: Dissasembly of the radio and reassembly was more than a few minutes... but fabrication of the part was quick and easy.)

It isn't pretty (cut freehand with a dremel? yeah, right!) but it works great... and wouldn't have been possible without his kind assistance.

Wes does some phenomenal parts for various RC cars from carbon fiber... y'all should check out what he has. (And he does custom parts too... tell him what you want!)

www.outfrontframes.com 214-517-8531
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks Brad for the props. I was glad to help. I should have taken some pictures of the finished product..
Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACETEK View Post
Thanks Brad for the props. I was glad to help. I should have taken some pictures of the finished product..
Well... if it looked like the finished products you produce, that would be one thing... but my hand carving isn't nearly that pretty. Works ok though!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote