R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default best tools for setting up?

who makes a complete kit with all tools needed?
welderllj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Hudy makes the good stuff, but its not at all necessary for offroad. IMO there is way to much slop in our cars to even consider attempting to be that precise. Get a ride height guage, Losi is very good, and get a camber guage, I like the RPM monster truck one because it does truggy and buggy equally well. I got a set of tools this week from hobbypartz.com http://www.hobbypartz.com/exi-cartool-set.html They are very nice and include everything you will need and some things you don't. The tools are very high quality except for the pliers feel a little cheap.
drewmugx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I got to use my new tool set today to rebuild my buggy and truggy. They are hands down the best tools I have had. I used EDS before along with the nice dynamite tools. These have ground tips and are very precise.
The nutdrivers are very nice as well.

I'm almost positive these are the exact same thing that hobbyking sells under the turnigy name. I had to 1.5 and 2mm hexs backordered for a month and then found this set and had to have it. The turnigy tools are rated very well.
drewmugx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There really is no specific tool kits mine is a mini drill with bits and an adjustabke clutch never have to cramp my hands again.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Nothing works like hudy tools and I have tried most. I think the absolute worst was vp pro tools. When I break a hudy tool I know I abused it. Then I use a Losi ride height gauge and rpm camber guages.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I wouldn't go cheap. The guys that have posted before me seem to be telling you right. I, for one, am sold on Hudy. Of all the tools I went through, the Hudy stuff seem to hold up better with off-road vehicle repairs. I am now running TC and never strain tools like I did when I was running off-road. Find a good set and buy them once, or do like I did: buy three cheap sets put them in the trash and then buy th good ones. It is cheaper to buy the good ones first and be done. On setup stuff, you can get away with cheaper gauges etc. Just be sure to buy good tools when they will be under any kind of strain.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Nothing works like hudy tools and I have tried most. I think the absolute worst was vp pro tools. When I break a hudy tool I know I abused it. Then I use a Losi ride height gauge and rpm camber guages.
+1 hudy tools are by far the best. They also make the profit that are alittle cheaper and have bigger plastic handles that wont make your hands cramp as fast..
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote