R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default what to do.....?? Suggestions anyone

Ok so i got into the hobby about 4 months ago and went crazy. I started with an Electric stampede, then got a good deal on a revo and nitro sport, then got a jato, and s-maxx, and then another revo. ALL USED. I know its a bad idead for a n00b, leason learned, If i could go back in time i would have bought ONE new truck and thats it.

I am kinda getting overwhelmed because they all have small problems that prevent me from using them, mostly the engines and thats why i am thinking about converting them brushless or upgrading the engine.

I plan on leaving my JATO Nitro and ONE REVO Nitro BB and tats where you guys can help me out.

I am getting the NEW ERA MOUNT and am trying to decide on a good BB engine that wont blow my budget which is about $300.

I was thinking about the Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red .28 engine for $150. but havn't seen too much info on them. ANy other suggestions? thanks for the help
DjFlipnautikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

you might get some better responses from the MT section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjFlipnautikz View Post
Ok so i got into the hobby about 4 months ago and went crazy. I started with an Electric stampede, then got a good deal on a revo and nitro sport, then got a jato, and s-maxx, and then another revo. ALL USED. I know its a bad idead for a n00b, leason learned, If i could go back in time i would have bought ONE new truck and thats it.

I am kinda getting overwhelmed because they all have small problems that prevent me from using them, mostly the engines and thats why i am thinking about converting them brushless or upgrading the engine.

I plan on leaving my JATO Nitro and ONE REVO Nitro BB and tats where you guys can help me out.

I am getting the NEW ERA MOUNT and am trying to decide on a good BB engine that wont blow my budget which is about $300.

I was thinking about the Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red .28 engine for $150. but havn't seen too much info on them. ANy other suggestions? thanks for the help
For a MT a big red rips. Has so much power i would say in a revo you might have to do a bit of transmission work on it. I gurantee you wont hate it though and it wont have any problems goin fast and pullin on 2 wheels instead of 4. Same with brushless the torques is anourmous and if its a older revo tranny might be an issue.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
For a MT a big red rips. Has so much power i would say in a revo you might have to do a bit of transmission work on it. I gurantee you wont hate it though and it wont have any problems goin fast and pullin on 2 wheels instead of 4. Same with brushless the torques is anourmous and if its a older revo tranny might be an issue.
It is a newer REVO i believe, and i have two REVO 3.3 one going Bruhsless and one going BB.

Compared to the LRP .28 which one would you suggest?
DjFlipnautikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default bb

the lrp has more power and when used wright last for-ever.
delane74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

the mach 427 is a good motor for a MT
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Cant beat the big reds power to cost. A lrp .30 is the only thing that out performs it for price range also no engine will last for ever but any engine you do go with will last a long time depending on how much time you take on break in and proper tuning.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Dynamite engine should be a great engine, but are you sure you want it in a REVO? I'm not bashing the Revo, It is a great Truck, with a small block, but a bigger engine leads to Problems with Transmission, diffs, Driveshafts, and more.
I have a buddy with a Revo and he put in the JL .26 Red Dot. He hasn't got the thing to run right after a whole season. The other guy had a complete stock Revo and put in the SH .18 and exhaust, and the truck runs great.
The Dynamite engines are made by SH as well as the LRP .28. I am not sure who makes the LRP .30, it looks different than the others.
www.terranovahobby.ca
TERRA NOVA is offline   Reply With Quote