Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy >

when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy

when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy

Old 11-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well it, doesnt sound to hard to get it where you want it to handle maybe there will be a big discount on it since im hearing that it isnt being made anymore .

maybe in january it will be cheaper is it hard to build ?

there probety going to make a new model of it im guessing.
the rumor mills spread stuff very quick , the st-rr is not discontinued , it still handles great , it still wins races at national and club levels , if you ever have any questions i am sure there are a few team drivers or team pit guys on here that would be more than willing to answer any question you may have

the mugen rear body mounts work awesome to mount the rc8t body they require precicion drilling of two 3mm holes though , put a piece of foam underneath your fuel tank , keep ring/pinion gears shimmed tight but not too tight , do not set your brakes too tight , i'm sure there are a few more i'm forgetting but there are others to help
Old 11-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
i know it is and i absolutely love the kyosho truck although it could go on a diet!!
our truck is way under weight
Old 11-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Prophet

how much does it way with the fuel and electrics ?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Prophet

the rumor mills spread stuff very quick , the st-rr is not discontinued , it still handles great , it still wins races at national and club levels , if you ever have any questions i am sure there are a few team drivers or team pit guys on here that would be more than willing to answer any question you may have

the mugen rear body mounts work awesome to mount the rc8t body they require precicion drilling of two 3mm holes though , put a piece of foam underneath your fuel tank , keep ring/pinion gears shimmed tight but not too tight , do not set your brakes too tight , i'm sure there are a few more i'm forgetting but there are others to help

foam under the fuel tank ?

well i have shimmed touring cars that have drive shafts but i just slapped them on and never checked the mesh on them.

so you shimmed the diffs intill there isnt any bashlash and still smooth ?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it was a guy thats name starts with D, cant remember it... he's been running kyosho as long as i can remember and i asked why kyosho discontinued the truggy because i heard on here (i think) that it was and i got that answer.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
our truck is way under weight
its not exactly an " out of the box" truck , in your defense we could all do the same thing to our trucks though
Old 11-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
foam under the fuel tank ?

well i have shimmed touring cars that have drive shafts but i just slapped them on and never checked the mesh on them.

so you shimmed the diffs intill there isnt any bashlash and still smooth ?
Foam under the fuel tank it just for extra protection, I don't do it and I haven't had any problems with tanks. Just make sure your tank is a little loose when you screw it down on the posts, let the rubber grommets do their job.

Yes, no backlash and still smooth. Very, very, little grit if any at first. Run it for 4-5 tanks and check the mesh again, if there's any play add a small shim and you should be good for a while.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by iglu25
Foam under the fuel tank it just for extra protection, I don't do it and I haven't had any problems with tanks. Just make sure your tank is a little loose when you screw it down on the posts, let the rubber grommets do their job.

Yes, no backlash and still smooth. Very, very, little grit if any at first. Run it for 4-5 tanks and check the mesh again, if there's any play add a small shim and you should be good for a while.
is this you regg?

miss ya bro , talked to a guy down there that said he knew you and raced with ya .

its Monty
Old 11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is this you regg?

miss ya bro , talked to a guy down there that said he knew you and raced with ya .

its Monty
In the flesh... sup dude. Man, its good to be a part of the red army..
Old 11-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Prophet

i have, use the rubber groments on my( losi eight-t tank) and always tighten them to where there snug i guess it gave up on me on the last race of the season because i had a pretty high idle and it was running like crap lol.

thats good to know about to loosen the bolts a little bit.

i dont know man i wonder if the diff shimming will drive me crazy i dont have any on my losi eight -t diffs.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Prophet

In the flesh... sup dude. Man, its good to be a part of the red army..
been here the whole time
Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

A Ti screw set?

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/IFW411-...P9_p_3263.html
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
nice
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

The K truggy is awesome, is old model but still gets podiums and it can compete with the other truggies . All models are good you just need practice ,practice,practice and to find your set up,
I have raced in a lot of races at national and at club races lot of podiums with my ST-RR , i came 2nd at the championship of the one club race track .the first guy again with ST-RR , the national champion here was again ST-RR
In my country the only truggies which race are Losi,Mugen,Kyosho no other brand! and i think two xrays ...
Now i will sell my Kyosho ST-RR because it needs a lot of changes after 15+ races (i DNF only at one race because of broken tank ) , i will buy for 2011 again a ST-RR kit... i am loving it
Old 12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

There is no doubt this truck is awesome. If they were to come out new they would not have to change much. Would like to see a rear bushing toe block setup, front and rear cnc hubs and an anodize color change to the brown The rest is just dialed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.