5.80%
other not in poll
3.38%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

nitro tires poll round #2 for you to chat about

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default nitro tires poll round #2 for you to chat about

ok the top 3 moved on..
aka
proline
j-concept

new to round #2
sweep
vp-pro

remember keep it fun.. you only get 1 vote this time also.. now arguments please.. these are for fun.. if any member has an idea for a new poll that is engine or rc nitro related please send me a pm.. also polls can only have 10 spots... thank you jeremy
Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
ok the top 3 moved on..
aka
proline
j-concept

new to round #2
sweep
vp-pro

remember keep it fun.. you only get 1 vote this time also.. now arguments please.. these are for fun.. if any member has an idea for a new poll that is engine or rc nitro related please send me a pm.. also polls can only have 10 spots... thank you jeremy
good job
Old 11-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I voted Pro-Line again. I have never had an issue with them. AKA Truggy rims are weak. Never used their buggy ones tho.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

love my cityblcks truggy
but can't beat Losi Eclipse on the buggy
Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Aka is still going to win hands down..there might as well be a poll about favorite chassis..It would be 80% Losi and 20% "other"
Old 11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Aka is still going to win hands down..there might as well be a poll about favorite chassis..It would be 80% Losi and 20% "other"
we can do that.. send me a list of 10 chassis you want on the list and i will make a poll about it... i have had a pm about a poll already... that will be in the engine section later today.... jeremy
Old 11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

JConcepts all the way man!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

There's no question in my mind that AKA is responsible for a quantum shift in tire and mostly insert development, and if they hadn't done so, Pro-Line and others would probably still be happy shipping substandard products to their customers with inserts that can't even last as long as the tires, and that were ridiculously out of balance. Only when AKA bitch-slapped them did they become interested in making a better product, and in that respect it's still an epic fail. The inserts they came up with to answer AKA is still not nearly as good, and it's optional - not included with the tires. It's for these reasons that I'll never own another Proline product. They took my business for granted for many years and had no interest in continued development until they got kicked in the junk.

As for the survey, I'm sure the result will still be the same, no matter how often VP Pro whines that they weren't included. They're frauds that make knock-off products using Chinese rubber. Nuf said. Flame suit on - I know they farmed most of their "team" drivers (read: sales direct to customers at dealer cost) from these forums, so I'm sure their will be some chapped asses. Truth hurts.

Did I miss any rhetoric? LOL
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

we can do that.. send me a list of 10 chassis you want on the list and i will make a poll about it... i have had a pm about a poll already... that will be in the engine section later today.... jeremy
That would be a serious waste of time. Losi has the market saturated.

Originally Posted by rcg33k
There's no question in my mind that AKA is responsible for a quantum shift in tire and mostly insert development, and if they hadn't done so, Pro-Line and others would probably still be happy shipping substandard products to their customers with inserts that can't even last as long as the tires, and that were ridiculously out of balance. Only when AKA bitch-slapped them did they become interested in making a better product, and in that respect it's still an epic fail. The inserts they came up with to answer AKA is still not nearly as good, and it's optional - not included with the tires. It's for these reasons that I'll never own another Proline product. They took my business for granted for many years and had no interest in continued development until they got kicked in the junk.

As for the survey, I'm sure the result will still be the same, no matter how often VP Pro whines that they weren't included. They're frauds that make knock-off products using Chinese rubber. Nuf said. Flame suit on - I know they farmed most of their "team" drivers (read: sales direct to customers at dealer cost) from these forums, so I'm sure their will be some chapped asses. Truth hurts.

Did I miss any rhetoric? LOL
That was extremely harsh and completely uncalled for. this thread is a tire poll to vote for your favorite, not an open invitation to bash what you dont like. I have no affiliation with VP pro but they make an awesome product for the price and their tires rock! There new belted tires coming in 2011 are going to revolutionize the industry, and make allot of people faster. Just lighten up, this is just for fun remember
Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Love the Proline calibers. Also love the AKA cityblock. I dont care who wins the poll, as long as i can get the tires that will make me go faster, im happy with it.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have no affiliation with VP pro but they make an awesome product for the price and their tires rock! There new belted tires coming in 2011 are going to revolutionize the industry, and make allot of people faster.

??
Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
??
hint hint they are obviously coming out with a new tire thats supposed to be really good.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Yes, the information with photos was posted on Neo buggy right before the worlds. They have 2 new tread patterns coming in early 2011 that will be available with or without an interior belt around the inside of the tire. The belt will prevent the tire from ballooning and give you a consistent even contact patch at all curves of the powerband. There will be maximum traction at all times and to compensate for this the lugs use a step up design to minimize traction rolling. I have no idea what it will do for the weight of the tires and what the belt is made of has not been made public knowlege but they look and sound awesome and I can't wait to get em. Here's a link to the article and the pics:
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=9095

Last edited by Jaz240; 11-26-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I talked with Gil Losi Jr. at length about belting off-road tires when I was involved with AKA. It's not a new concept as some on-road rubber tires have been belted for over 15 years. Gil has extensively tested belted off-road tires and found that they just don't work. We both had considered what positive benefits may come from belting, and on paper, it sounds like a good idea. But, in practice, it makes the tread less compliant and the tires end up having less traction. We all had the same assumptions that if we could stop the tire from ballooning and keep the tread shape a little more consistent that it should have better traction, but it didn't end up working out that way. Gil Jr. is one of the most thorough and vigilant testers of new ideas that you'll ever meet, and we both wanted to see it work, but it just doesn't. Not in response to this, but as a general observation when we discussed it way back when, he said that it would be a marketing gimmick at best, but that the unbelted tires always work better.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Top 10 chassis should be.

Losi
Kyosho
Hot Bodies/Hara
Mugen
Xray
Serpent
Agama
Associated
O'donnell
Hobao

Also there is Durango and JQ but what hasnt been driven shouldnt be voted.

The order the brands are in arent from best to least just what came from the top of my head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.