Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default losi 8ight 2.0

hey everyone i am 13 and i was wondering what would be the better car for me the losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr or the losi 8ight 2.0

i am an alright driver but dont know what would be better faster etc.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamesdas
hey everyone i am 13 and i was wondering what would be the better car for me the losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr or the losi 8ight 2.0

i am an alright driver but dont know what would be better faster etc.
the truggy will be easier to drive. not as quick as the buggy though.

the ONLY thing i don't like about the t 2.0... it looks like a tadpole
Old 11-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

ok would the truggy be alot slower ? or only like a bit ?

oh and do you know the speed of the truggy?

thanks james
Old 11-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First off you buy a losi rtr you will need servos off the bat. The losi servos they give you are terrible and break. Second the rtr engine is good but not great and doesnt last for ever and isnt really a "race engine" its considered a "sport engine". Hi-tec makes the best servos for losi. So if you wanna spend 700 on a rtr look into a bit cheaper way see what you can get here first. Look for guys sellin a starter box and radio possibly a new kit or slightly used aswell. Never buy used engine in my opinion though but you can get a good buy here new and there are great engines for around 250. By the time you buy servos for the losi you will be around 900 into a rtr ride, no the losi rtr isnt a bad roler but the electronics minus the radio and starter box is junk. Do some searching first i run hot bodies d8's they are 240ish on amain new and they are so far the best ride i have driven. Not saying hb is better but look into more options i dont consider buying any rtr package if you will be racing.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

ok would the truggy be alot slower ? or only like a bit ?

oh and do you know the speed of the truggy?

thanks james
like nobody knows the "speed" of a race roller or as such, to many things that play a part, engine, clutch, gearing, tyres etc.

it wont be much slower at all, to a 13 year old. it will feel just as fast

nitroxray80810, did you not go to school? use paragraphs so we can actually read what you type or its a waste of time on your part
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's nothing wrong with the losi RTR's. If i were you i'd get the buggy. Its a tad cheaper and can be found brand new for around $500. You can find deals on used ones here for even less with very little use.

If you want to upgrade the servos, i'd go with savox, they are dirt cheap and seemingly very reliable. You can pick up one for throttle and steering for about $120-130 for both.

The RTR's are competitive, the engines are just fine for starting out and can get you on the podium should you decide to start racing. Everything else on the vehicle is optional and can be upgraded in pieces for cheap if you utilize ebay properly and buy parts in groups to save on shipping.

Overall i'd have no problem buying the RTR and racing it against anything else on the market including the race roller version of the 8ight. I have a race roller truggy and buggy and imo its more about the driver skill and not so much on the vehicle itself. Of course it needs to be setup properly, but thats easy to do, as there are several guides and setup sheets available directly from Losi's website.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
There's nothing wrong with the losi RTR's. If i were you i'd get the buggy. Its a tad cheaper and can be found brand new for around $500. You can find deals on used ones here for even less with very little use.

If you want to upgrade the servos, i'd go with savox, they are dirt cheap and seemingly very reliable. You can pick up one for throttle and steering for about $120-130 for both.

The RTR's are competitive, the engines are just fine for starting out and can get you on the podium should you decide to start racing. Everything else on the vehicle is optional and can be upgraded in pieces for cheap if you utilize ebay properly and buy parts in groups to save on shipping.

Overall i'd have no problem buying the RTR and racing it against anything else on the market including the race roller version of the 8ight. I have a race roller truggy and buggy and imo its more about the driver skill and not so much on the vehicle itself. Of course it needs to be setup properly, but thats easy to do, as there are several guides and setup sheets available directly from Losi's website.
+1

Also I say begin with the buggy. If you start out with a truggy you will not hone the precision of driving down and will be slower in the long run. The buggy will teach you how to be more precise and it is also cheaper to run than the truggy.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would also have to reccomend the 8ight 2.0 buggy rtr. its a well built machine, and for the younger generations, it is the best to learn on to obtain control, and of course, break fewer parts. the truggys because of their tire size are fare more suspect to breaking control arms, steering parts and hub carriers. in most cases, you can get a great conditioned race roller on here for 250-350 bucks. buy some savox titanium gear servos and a decent $150-$200 motor and used controller and your pretty much set. savox servos are around 70 each, and are killer, and far better than hitec quality. pm me if you have any more questions.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

My son and I have the race rollers and my brother got the RTR. He purchased a better servo and used that for the throttle and used the stock throttle servo for steering. The engine is pretty decent, it does run a little hotter than other engines and bit less mileage but it gets around pretty well. We found that the MC59s work pretty well with the stock engine. On the track you don't notice that its an RTR. Actually on some tracks the RTR setup works better than the Drake setup I have on the rollers. The telemetry stuff on the RTR is kinda fun. As far as durability the 8ight is the toughest out there.

NOTE: this is important - no matter whether you get the roller or the RTR or any other buggy if you don't set up the throttle linkages correctly you will burn out any kind of servo. I've been running the 8ight ever since it came out and have never had any servo issues. So when my brother got his RTR I made sure everything was setup correctly. So if you know someone that is experienced with setting up throttle linkages ask them to help you.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

You are the MAN!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian kadow
You are the MAN!
BK in the house!! When you coming back?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure but I would like to get up to LH to see everyone.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

heeey guys i visited my local track and i was speaking to some of the guys and they said to me that i should buy the hotbodies d8 kit and do it up my self.

but i dont know like i dont know what engine would be good what servos what transmitter and like what else would i need to buy ?

thanks all
i know this post is about losi 8ights but this is what the guys at my track said
Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

heeey guys i visited my local track and i was speaking to some of the guys and they said to me that i should buy the hotbodies d8 kit and do it up my self.

but i dont know like i dont know what engine would be good what servos what transmitter and like what else would i need to buy ?

thanks all
i know this post is about losi 8ights but this is what the guys at my track said
by any chance was he running hotbodies? if so... there goes your reason,

Run the savox low profile servo no chance of it hitting the chassis then just set-up linkages AND DONT HAVE THE throttle and brake rods snug onto the servo horn.
have about 0.5mm play, then it doesn't matter if the EPAS arnt perfect., it will wear the horn a little over like a year. but rather that then losing a servo or even worse the engine.

people will say dont have the extra play in the rods to horn... but look... most of them are burning servos...

but as someone said you'll learn to drive better starting with buggy
Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

ok now im confused and i dont know which one to get. the hb d8 is more expensive and i need to builds it my self but its better. and the losi 8ight 2.0 rtr is cheaper already built but a little bit worse any suggestions ?

kind regards james

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.