Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro drivers never wear glasses

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

of course it matters, i don't care how good your glasses or contacts are, never as good as perfect vision for depth perception.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

tony's right about the pro drivers.
which ad is it in the magazines where the driver has the raccoon circles around his eyes from sun burn standing beside the chick with the trophy. maybe byron's.?
i don't need glasses but the few times i have worn sunglasses on the drivers stand i felt like something was off and taking them off made the difference. someone had the answer earlier that said a good driver is just a good driver. practice and natural skill make up alot of that "good" .
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShawnW
tony's right about the pro drivers.
which ad is it in the magazines where the driver has the raccoon circles around his eyes from sun burn standing beside the chick with the trophy. maybe byron's.?
i don't need glasses but the few times i have worn sunglasses on the drivers stand i felt like something was off and taking them off made the difference. someone had the answer earlier that said a good driver is just a good driver. practice and natural skill make up alot of that "good" .
its Mayfield. that guys always got raccoon eyes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

My eyes are sensitive sunlight and I wear glasses on sunny days, but it's easier to drive without them. I have to try sunglasses with blue/orange glasses istead of black ones. That might help.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

I started wearing glasses ~ 3 years ago. Not that my vision is too bad, I have around 0.75 diopter (nearsighted), so it's no big deal - BUT it made a difference, specially in those far way technical parts that some tracks feature.
I've never tried contacts though, I'm just afraid of sticking my finger in my eyes