R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I am one of the best drivers out there and I wear glasses. But I also mastarbate to much.
advfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advfuel View Post
I am one of the best drivers out there and I wear glasses. But I also mastarbate to much.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cool thread...

I knew a guy named Frosty who had glasses, and he lost them once and couldn't see squat, but still kicked our butts. Is it ok to use squat and butts in the same sentence, I did it again...I don't think I ever beat him once in all the years racing him. So in a way I think, keep in mind I can see, that it certainly would help to have contacts over glasses, but good drivers are just good drivers.

For sunglasses, I'm darn near Albino status, so my brownish aviators, cheap ones, are my best friend when I crawl out from under my rock. Hehe.

I really only have trouble when the sun is going down in that last qualifier, and can't decide if I should loose the shades or not, but the third qualifier usually sucks anyway, why is that? Everyone drives like the road warrior, Mad Max, and we are all fighting for the last gallon of fuel in the universe...and it ends up not one guy improves their time, well sometimes that one guy who had some terminal car plague in the first two races.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One thing to keep in mind, using sunglasses with polarized lenses makes things very interesting. I can't really describe it, but a lot of things react to it strangely. Like certain paints will really 'pop' or look very metallic. Forget about reading your screen on a DX3s or anything with a similar lcd display, it inverts the colors and makes it very dark overall. And that's just the tip of the ole iceberg, not to mention everything else in daily life. It's like a mild trip, lol. They are great at keeping the glare down, but they have some real drawbacks.

Just a random 230am bit of info.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I actually bought some mint oakley polarised sunnies just for racing! I got the lightest ones though so i could still wear them as the sun goes down. They have been a godsend.

I have big difficulty racing under lights though, usually takes me 2 qualifiers to get my depth perception together, and even then i've gotta drive by brail sometimes
shanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i wear glasses but a few times this year i have noticed that if the track i am racing at has the pits directly below the stand, exhaust from the engines will get on the inside of my lenses and make my eye burn and water like crazy. one guy thought i was crying!
fievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm a presciption glass person. My presciption sunglasses (brown + polarized) are awesome for driving 1:1 but don't offer much protection against the wind and dust outdoors. So I take off the presciption glasses and put on regular sunglasses while I'm on the driver's stand or marshalling. It gives me a headache every once in a while but my eyes aren't so bad that I can't see my car on the track. I might give ski goggles a try next year if I can find a pair to wear over the glasses. Contacts are out for me, I'd have to take them out after the first face full of dust (no pretty clay track here).
kja812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wear polarized sunglasses when racing. One of the tracks i race at doesnt have shade over the drivers stand and when the sun is out it is right in front of your face!! I don't really like to squint. Polarized sunglasses really do make the colors pop out.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarwashington View Post
I wear polarized sunglasses when racing. One of the tracks i race at doesnt have shade over the drivers stand and when the sun is out it is right in front of your face!! I don't really like to squint. Polarized sunglasses really do make the colors pop out.
Just don't try to read a temp gun with polarized glasses. The two don't play nice together.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

want to make drunk people think, ask them why the drive through atm has brail. I know the real reason, but most people don't realize it.
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

prescription oakley sunglasses. best thing I ever purchased for R/C.
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #42
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wear contact and believe that they are a huge disadvantage. They are much better than glasses though.

I find myself having to blink longer at times to clear them while on the stand and if its windy it sucks. People who do not have to wear either can go longer times without blinking.

I have studied some of the pro drivers on the stand and they do not blink as much as someone who has contacts.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperc10 View Post
Ridiculous I wear glasses and I finished 5th in State Pro series.
BUt you got lucky cause I missed one round.. LOL

I wear glasses most of the time, but I have noticed I finish better if i wear contacts.. I'm not sure if it is just coincidence, but it is true for me.. I wonder if Lasik would be even better?
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fievel View Post
i wear glasses but a few times this year i have noticed that if the track i am racing at has the pits directly below the stand, exhaust from the engines will get on the inside of my lenses and make my eye burn and water like crazy. one guy thought i was crying!
LMAO, now that is funny.. Don't take it so hard man, we're just racing toy cars..
Old 11-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #45
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja812 View Post
I'm a presciption glass person. My presciption sunglasses (brown + polarized) are awesome for driving 1:1 but don't offer much protection against the wind and dust outdoors. So I take off the presciption glasses and put on regular sunglasses while I'm on the driver's stand or marshalling. It gives me a headache every once in a while but my eyes aren't so bad that I can't see my car on the track. I might give ski goggles a try next year if I can find a pair to wear over the glasses. Contacts are out for me, I'd have to take them out after the first face full of dust (no pretty clay track here).

Google's are something ive learned to NEVER leave home without. Especially at an out of town race as you never know how far that Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership is from the track.

You've seen me rock the goggles this past summer didn't you ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote