R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 8ight t 1.0 to 2.0

can you convert the 1.0 to a 2.0? what would it it take to convert it? i got a rtr for free and was wondering if its possible to do it.
debo179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Tech Adept
 
ghost68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 208
Default

A-Arms all the way around
New front rear and rear-center CVDs
Wheel Hexes
Radio Tray
Chassis
Rear Chassis Brace
Brakes
I believe they use different shock towers as well.
Possibly Rear Shocks


I would suggest you grab everything from ebay. If you are thinking of doing this via a hobby shop you are way better off selling the 1.0 and picking up a used 2.0 race roller.

A couple pointers to think about

The RTR Shock towers are fine and tough as nails. One step better would be the V2 rear tower which will give you a noticeable difference in handling vs the race roller front tower is just for looks. You could probably get both RTR towers for under $15 vs the Race Roller towers are $30-40 each
The RTR Chassis is also just fine and can be had for ~$20 vs $100 for the "Flex Tuned Chassis" there is a noticeable difference but its not like night and day.
The CVD's can be had for super cheap on ebay. I picked up a full set F/C/R for $60 not too long ago on ebay vs $150 at the lhs
A-Arms are also super cheap on ebay figure $6-10 a set vs $20 at a lhs
ghost68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
808gx7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost68 View Post
A-Arms all the way around
New front rear and rear-center CVDs
Wheel Hexes
Radio Tray
Chassis
Rear Chassis Brace
Brakes
I believe they use different shock towers as well.
Possibly Rear Shocks


I would suggest you grab everything from ebay. If you are thinking of doing this via a hobby shop you are way better off selling the 1.0 and picking up a used 2.0 race roller.

A couple pointers to think about

The RTR Shock towers are fine and tough as nails. One step better would be the V2 rear tower which will give you a noticeable difference in handling vs the race roller front tower is just for looks. You could probably get both RTR towers for under $15 vs the Race Roller towers are $30-40 each
The RTR Chassis is also just fine and can be had for ~$20 vs $100 for the "Flex Tuned Chassis" there is a noticeable difference but its not like night and day.
The CVD's can be had for super cheap on ebay. I picked up a full set F/C/R for $60 not too long ago on ebay vs $150 at the lhs
A-Arms are also super cheap on ebay figure $6-10 a set vs $20 at a lhs
is the chassis plate a direct swap over? or do i need to change radio tray too?
__________________
Mugen Mbx6t / O.S SPEED / Byrons / Savox servos / Futaba
Agama A8 Evo / O.S SPEED / savox / futaba
Hpi Blitz/sc10 CASTLE CREATIONS.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Tech Adept
 
ghost68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 208
Default

if you just intend to change the chassis you will need:
New Rear Chassis Brace
New Rear Center CVD
New 2.0 Radio Tray
Chassis (duh)

There is definitely a handling difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 chassis but with parts so hard to find for the rest of the 1.0 stuff its better to sell the 1.0 and buy a used 2.0...
ghost68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the response i think ill start looking on ebay. what about the hubs and the steering knuckels
debo179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Tech Adept
 
ghost68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 208
Default

Crap, I totally forgot about turnbuckles... you will need a set of those also but you can get a whole set for $10 on ebay no problem The Rear hubs should work no problem and I would only replace the front knuckles/hubs when they break and when they do i would trade them for the inclined king pin spindles.

If I was to buy a new 2.0 T today the only hopups I would do to it would be the King Pin Spindles and V2 Rear tower and Aluminum Shock Caps... Other than that leave everything stock...
ghost68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debo179 View Post
thanks for the response i think ill start looking on ebay. what about the hubs and the steering knuckels
You want the 2.0 rear hubs because they require the thicker pins your 2.0 arms are already going to be drilled out to handle.

Your also going to need standard off set wheels. Your 1/2 off's you have on your 1.0 are going to be way to wide with the 2.0 arms.
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost68 View Post
if you just intend to change the chassis you will need:
New Rear Chassis Brace
New Rear Center CVD
New 2.0 Radio Tray
Chassis (duh)

There is definitely a handling difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 chassis but with parts so hard to find for the rest of the 1.0 stuff its better to sell the 1.0 and buy a used 2.0...
Chassis brace is the same, the 1.0 radio box will work just fine if you already have one. The shock towers are also different. You will also need the body mounts.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
deadmancourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Menifee,Ca
Posts: 2,482
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default

I JUST DID THIS CONVERSION! YOU WILL NEED:
1.CHASSSIS
2.REAR SHOCKS(THE 1.0 REARS MOVE UP TO THE FRONT FOR THE 2.0)
3.ALL 6 TRUNBUCKLES
4.ALL 4 DRIVE AXLES
5.ONLY THE CENTER TO REAR CVD
6. 0 OFFSET WHEELS AND NOT 1/2 OFFSET
7. 2.0 BODY
8.FRONT AND REAR SHOCK TOWERS( AND BODY MOUNTS)...THESE ARE WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE A 2.0...BUT THERE ARE ACOUPLE OF OTHER THINGS THAT WERE CHANGED ASWELL BUT ARE NOT A MUST TO COMPLETE...LIKE:
1.RADIO TRAY
2.CHASSIS SIDE GUARDS
3.WHEEL HEXES
4.FUEL TANK
__________________
Rob Schneider
Special Thanks To:
S&W Fuel~Agama Usa/HobbyProUsa.com
RcRenew.com and TritonRc.com~Lucky7~Eazyrc.com
Venom-Group~Upgrade-Rc and TrackstarRc.com
deadmancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

are some or the rtr parts the same? a arms, spindles. hubs, turnbuckles and other plastics the same as the race roller
debo179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
l3asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debo179 View Post
are some or the rtr parts the same? a arms, spindles. hubs, turnbuckles and other plastics the same as the race roller
All this here is the same.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

cool thanks for the info guys
debo179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

the v2 rear shock tower worth the money? what about the tft chassis is it worth it? are the alu chassis braces worth it or the stock plastic ones better? are the alu hubs and spindles worth the money. what about the incline spindle 10 or 12 deg

Last edited by debo179; 11-23-2010 at 01:20 AM.
debo179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
tharris1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debo179 View Post
the v2 rear shock tower worth the money? what about the tft chassis is it worth it? are the alu chassis braces worth it or the stock plastic ones better? are the alu hubs and spindles worth the money. what about the incline spindle 10 or 12 deg
8ight t 1.0 to 2.0-100_0607.jpg
1.0 shock towers will work fine. I turned mine 2 yrs ago, still strong. The 1.0 diffs, cases hubs etc work fine. need the arms, universal shafts, turnbuckles, and chassis, rear shocks only. Everything else is 1.0.

I have been racing 2 years with the conversion- tunes just like the full 2.0. Lap times up to the driver. Very durable, but of course, there is the front steering slop. It actually runs fine with the slop, so it really isn't an issue.

Oh yeah, I drilled the rear tower to accept a buggy body mount (shown)

I also cut out the 1.0 body also, just for fun. I run it sometimes. Looks a little knarley8ight t 1.0 to 2.0-100_0262.jpg
__________________
Mugen MBX6T/ Castle- ---- Ass-ociated 8b.2/Tekin
Serpent S811/ Speed .19===Kyosho EVO STRR/ Ninja
Losi Ten-SCTE / Losi XXX SCT 2WD / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5

Coming out of retirement? Training wheels anyone?
tharris1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
Tech Lord
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 14,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris1959 View Post
Attachment 671023
1.0 shock towers will work fine. I turned mine 2 yrs ago, still strong. The 1.0 diffs, cases hubs etc work fine. need the arms, universal shafts, turnbuckles, and chassis, rear shocks only. Everything else is 1.0.

I have been racing 2 years with the conversion- tunes just like the full 2.0. Lap times up to the driver. Very durable, but of course, there is the front steering slop. It actually runs fine with the slop, so it really isn't an issue.

Oh yeah, I drilled the rear tower to accept a buggy body mount (shown)

I also cut out the 1.0 body also, just for fun. I run it sometimes. Looks a little knarleyAttachment 671032



im really, thinking about doing that to my 1.0 t insend of buying a diffrent truggy i think it whould be cheaper still than getting a new truggy.

even though i dont buy from ebay i get my stuff from bluegrass hobbies .

but if i dont have the money upfront than little by little than.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*****WTB:LOSI 8IGHT T 1.0 OR 2.0 ROLLER***** fatcat71075 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 02-10-2010 07:12 PM
Losi 8ight/T 1.0 or 2.0 hopups King Headz/Losi kd2777 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 07-11-2009 07:14 PM


All times are GMT -8. It is currently 08:22 PM.



SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0