R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaf1977 View Post
But you are talking about your sportman class....don't you have 3 levels? We don't have classes within classes so our truggy class would be a mix of say sportsman, intermediate and expert so there can be quite a difference in ability...



no its sportsman truggy and a (expert class truggy) and there isnt many in the expert truggy class for some reason.

and its the same people in the expert truggy class everytime.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic
 
kai888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

kai888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #78
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I race truggy and buggy because I hate just having one and wishing I had the other. I like having them both over just one or the other. They are both equally fun if you ask me....

I understand you so much....
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I race truggy and buggy because I hate just having one and wishing I had the other. I like having them both over just one or the other. They are both equally fun if you ask me....

+1000!!
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
Marcus Falconie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,462
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I loved racing my Truggy and had some great battles in the truggy class. Who cares which one is easier to drive its racing and I had fun racing both. I did sell my truggy because for ME I had issues racing Truggy and Buggy back to back my Truggy was hurting me, It always took me a few laps to get going in Buggy after a truggy race. Alot of people can do it, it just didn't work for me.
__________________
Marcus Falconieri
2011 Xray 808
Torco Racing Fuels
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #81
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
I loved racing my Truggy and had some great battles in the truggy class. Who cares which one is easier to drive its racing and I had fun racing both. I did sell my truggy because for ME I had issues racing Truggy and Buggy back to back my Truggy was hurting me, It always took me a few laps to get going in Buggy after a truggy race. Alot of people can do it, it just didn't work for me.
Who cares if one is a little easier than the other. It's an equal playing field and the better (more forgiving) the platform the closer the racing will be. Less will come down to setup and track conditions and more will come down to actual driving prowess.

The reason I bought a truggy over a buggy is simple. The very first race I went to had both. I just fell in love with the looks and the balls out drift style racing I seen from some of the good drivers. In my eyes, after seeing the truggies run the buggies just looked like, well, toys for lack of a better word. Where as the truggies appeared to look more like a "race" machine to me. I know this isn't the whole truth and that buggies take more "finesse" to drive, but again I say, if everyone has an equal playing field, the racing will be closer and at the end of the day. That's just good ol' fashion fun in my opinion. Isn't that the whole reason we all started this hobby, for fun...?

I have nothing against buggies. As I get more into the hobby I find myself wanting one more and more. Just to have another toy to play with, if I'm being honest about it. I've drove my friends buggies and enjoyed them. I didn't feel they were a LOT harder to drive, just a little. It truly amazes me how passionate people get about a HOBBY that encompasses grown men, and women, playing with TOYS.



TRUGGYS RULE!

But buggies are also cool!,

Rich
__________________
AE RC8T, Futaba,A-Main by Massive Mods, Hitec,
JConcepts, Fastraxx Hobbies, Team Terribles,

Last edited by Do-Over; 11-20-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Do-Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #82
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere in Igloo Country
Posts: 282
Default

For you Truggy haters look at the 2009 Dirt Nitro Challange, the FASTEST CLASS WAS THE SPORTSMAN TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Nicholas Schweiger
Mugen MBX7/Alpha Dragon/Radiopost TS401
DNX408 (waiting on parts so it can be sold)
NCS Custom Paint Works
Nick411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

TRUGGYS ROCK!!!
Threads like this are usually started by "Brown Groove Drivers"
who are trying to get there post count up.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #84
Tech Champion
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,843
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick411 View Post
For you Truggy haters look at the 2009 Dirt Nitro Challange, the FASTEST CLASS WAS THE SPORTSMAN TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than Pro truggy? I have a hard time believing the sandy-est of sportsman sandbaggers could post times as fast as pros but if you say so...

Houston touched on it. Truggy sells because it's easy. You always hear guys say, "I crash less" but in reality you can just drive away from crashes more often (it doesn't count if you don't need marshalling). This an with the big tires and long travel they handle poorly maintained tracks better just like 1/8 buggies did compared to 1/10th stuff.

That said, I wish the truggy was never invented. It's basically the same vehicle as a buggy, it just serves to divide and dilute the racing. Racing is always more healthy with fewer classes/platforms.
__________________
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #85
Tech Regular
 
melonpeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 379
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I like both for different reasons. Also brushless MT takes the midweek edge off my jonez to drive. It's all for fun.
__________________
Tekno 8B, Losi 8T
melonpeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #86
Tech Apprentice
 
tropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tijuana, Mexico
Posts: 99
Default

dont whine if you cant afford both. deal with it. lol
buggy + truggy rules
tropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #87
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

A truggy is a fun class to run. Its a class where you can run hard and be more relaxed, i wish i still owned truggies to run because a truggy is so planted you can power it any where and your in control they are just so fun and easy to drive its undescribeable.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #88
Tech Regular
 
offroad racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Appleton Wisconsin
Posts: 357
Default

A truggy is for the people who used to race monster trucks. It has the same "stance" pretty much except it is a little shorter and is made to handle a little more like a buggy.
__________________
Losi 8ight-T 2.0
Losi 8ight 2.0
TLR 22
Ofna Nitro DM1
offroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #89
Tech Addict
 
phaqu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Because I like to run over the buggies during practice!
__________________
TLR
phaqu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #90
Tech Adept
 
Show871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Truggy class rules
-bounce of every track marker and wall at least once
-run into at least one marshall in the leg
-Yell at your pit crew when you are 5 laps down
-Pin your throttle every time you are upside down being marshalled
Show871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies D8 Truggy Greg B Nitro Off-Road 10028 Yesterday 05:44 PM
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips Kevin Boyle Nitro Off-Road 4504 01-05-2017 06:52 PM
Buy a Pro built Chad Bradley X2 buggy or truggy Manufacturercup Nitro Off-Road 31 04-06-2009 09:18 PM
Here is why I dont buy Xray Product's Houdini Nitro Off-Road 76 07-24-2007 05:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net