R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
You hit the nail on the head with this suggestion..

Also, I realize most Hobby stores deal in bashing products, but a company that hasn't heard of some of the brands you listed, would NOT get my business.. my $.02
I'd have to agree, I called a lhs that was a dealer for the Odonnell Z01B SG and the guy on the phone ask me if that was a part number, he had no idea what it was? As a result I bought it online!

The word on the street is buy what everyone races at your local track so you have local support. For me I don't want what everyone else drives dictate what I buy/drive. If I like the buggy I'm going with it regardless of what's at the track as I can get parts from an online hobby store in 2-3 days.

Good luck with your choice!!
engr673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey91473 View Post
Well, since your going to running at Jerry's in ithaca i would go with the losi buggy. if you break, you are sure to find a spare up there. They all run losi's with the exception of one guy running a AE.
But I do not want a Losi.Drove one and didnt like the way it turned.(could of been the car setup), just do not want one.
I run AE. RC8T FT.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
This is the way it is in my town out of 2 hobby shops.
1 can get losi but has nothing of much use in stock.(mostly mini stuff and a few other LSt stuff.
the other cannot get losi.
AE- both can get AE, but have nothing in stock that is usefull.
Kyosho- one place cannot get and the other idk.
Mugen- one can get(I think) the other not sure.
Serpent- neither have never heard of.
xray- neither have heard of.
durango- neither have heard of.
Hot bodies- one can get , not sure about the other.
agama,- neither have heard of.
GS Racing- have not looked into either place
Tamiya- havent looked into it.

These 2 places carry Traxxas and xtm stuff. which I am not interested in.
I even get my AE stuff online, as one LHS will order parts, but only when he is damn well and ready, at some point in the month. He never has money to make orders.
Should I quit racing?or Change brands from AE to another buggy and just get parts online?
Tried a losi 2.0 buggyand did not like the way it turned.

I really wanna try a Kyosho MP9 TKI2 or a Serpent or a Durango, and RC8B.

get what you want online!

I have no hobby shops near me and the nearest track is 2 hrs......i love my cars and racing them......I commute and all my stuff comes from the internet unless a track owner has something in stock or orders it for me. all the car you mentioned are good....just now you will have to support yourself so hit ebay and get spares of stuff that might break!

race hard, have fun!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

When I buy a new car. I normally see who is going to be running that car in my area. Then I see if the LHS stocks parts but 98% of the time i order online cause my LHS is WAYYYY Overpriced.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanem121 View Post
When I buy a new car. I normally see who is going to be running that car in my area. Then I see if the LHS stocks parts but 98% of the time i order online cause my LHS is WAYYYY Overpriced.

heres, the thing about that though lets say your track and my dont run mugen or hb well if you order the things that usually can break than i dont think it should be a problem during raceday.

i mean, i cant afford a 2.0 t anytime soon and thats what my track mainly runs and about 5 rc8t champ ed which i can afford and others that are cheaper also . im looking at the hb d8t for now and plus the parts are dirt cheap

yea i order online to the main reason why lhs overcharges is because they have to pay overhead and thier workers and other things.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My nearest LHS is about 1500kls away
So yes I order nearly everything online.
When I was looking at coice of car my reasoning came down to what other starter boxs where at my local track.
Parts you should have in stock, but if your starter box dies how are you going to get it started?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I raced a HB Pro 2 Evo Lightning up until the later part of this year. No one carried parts - even online was a challenge. Now I race a D8 and our local hobby store doesn't carry anything or worth - one employee wanted me to leave my buggy so he could ask his manager if he had ever seen that part and find out if he could order it.

Now my Home track - they cater to Losi's but - can get just about any part needed. So I buy between online and our tracks shop.

When I was working / breaking the bugs out of the D8 - it seemed like I could never find the part I needed. Now, that most of the bugs are worked out - I have a good supply of back up parts - that we all share between other HB's racers.

We keep each other running !!!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #23
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by offr0aden View Post
I raced a HB Pro 2 Evo Lightning up until the later part of this year. No one carried parts - even online was a challenge. Now I race a D8 and our local hobby store doesn't carry anything or worth - one employee wanted me to leave my buggy so he could ask his manager if he had ever seen that part and find out if he could order it.

Now my Home track - they cater to Losi's but - can get just about any part needed. So I buy between online and our tracks shop.

When I was working / breaking the bugs out of the D8 - it seemed like I could never find the part I needed. Now, that most of the bugs are worked out - I have a good supply of back up parts - that we all share between other HB's racers.

We keep each other running !!!

are you sure about that i seen tower and stormer and amain carry hb d8s parts.

i could, get a 2.0 t since a lot of people run them at my track but hell if im going to pay $639 or more than having to get hop ups for it .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thats my point,

why buy new what you eventually replace anyway.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
Tech Master

I don't look too much at what car I can get parts for, I just buy what I want. The three or four buggies I can find parts for locally, I don't care much for. What I have now drives great, doesn't break down on me(only had one DNF in three years because of the car) and diffs and shocks can go for a long time without maintenance.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
But I do not want a Losi.Drove one and didnt like the way it turned.(could of been the car setup), just do not want one.
I run AE. RC8T FT.
Do you ever go to Lantz's hobby shop in Horseheads NY? They might carry some Associated stuff if you ask them to. I also know of another hobby shop in PA that will ship you stuff quick. PM me and I will send you his website. I race down there in the summer as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey91473 View Post
Do you ever go to Lantz's hobby shop in Horseheads NY? They might carry some Associated stuff if you ask them to. I also know of another hobby shop in PA that will ship you stuff quick. PM me and I will send you his website. I race down there in the summer as well.
Yes, been to lantz and they didnt have anything I needed or wanted. I goto lantz about 3 times a year.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

I am so interested in the MP9 Series. I have been for years.Same with Xray, and now the Durango, and Serpent Buggies as well, as my usual RC8B and RC8T CE.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
are you sure about that i seen tower and stormer and amain carry hb d8s parts.

i could, get a 2.0 t since a lot of people run them at my track but hell if im going to pay $639 or more than having to get hop ups for it .
I know Tower and Stormer have HB D8 parts - most online stores due .. I was referring to my Pro 2 Evo - parts are hard to find for it - and my Local hobby store couldn't