R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Who cares if they come out with the battery mod . It doesn't do jack .
Old 11-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #32
Tech Prophet

enough where you whould have to take a loan out of the bank

but man if they want to ever get more popular at club tracks they should lower there prices on there buggys i think they whould make more money if they did that.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

so did he win because it was a kyosho? or could he have won with a losi, associated, hb, mugen, also...........thats the question?!?!?!?
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The car alone doesn't win you a championship, anyone who thinks that is deluded.

The car I drive is best, for ME. No it's no a K-car but I won't say which it is since that is not the subject of this thread. Someone mentioned guys getting faster swithching to Kyosho, I've seen guys get faster switching away from Kyosho. Weird huh, a 900$ should be able to drive itself around the track right.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
The car alone doesn't win you a championship, anyone who thinks that is deluded.

The car I drive is best, for ME. No it's no a K-car but I won't say which it is since that is not the subject of this thread. Someone mentioned guys getting faster swithching to Kyosho, I've seen guys get faster switching away from Kyosho. Weird huh, a 900$ should be able to drive itself around the track right.
you would think.....lol, the first truggy i had was a kyosho inferno, (user name) liked the truggy, but hard to find parts around here, pretty much the reason i sold it. really cant see anybody spending 900.00 on a rig unless it was given to them to race in the worlds
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

someone needs to complain to AMAIN and tell them to drop the $50.00 that they put on each mp9 kit and give us $75.00 coupon code that they have going
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #37
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
you would think.....lol, the first truggy i had was a kyosho inferno, (user name) liked the truggy, but hard to find parts around here, pretty much the reason i sold it. really cant see anybody spending 900.00 on a rig unless it was given to them to race in the worlds

see thats, what i dont get about kyosho why do they upgrade so quicky if they just do it every other year than i think they whould make more money and parts also at lhs.

it sounds like greed to me or something

kyosho isnt the only one xray does the same thing.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They're not nearly as bad as Xray, they "update" their car twice a year or something.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #39
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
If hara drove a kyosho he would walk away from everybody. The kyosho is the better car he makes the HB buggy look better than it is. Look at some of the guys that left kyosho for serpent in onroad this they are not as fast with the other cars as they were with the kyosho. Fact of the matter is kyosho produces results the dominate in onroad and offroad nitro the number of world championships don't lie. And people keep speaking out about how expensive the kyosho cars are, you don't have to buy but if you can afford it have at it. Like alway say corvettes are wonderful cars but it's not a lambo. Go team red!!!!!! As with any thing in life you get what you paid for nice things cost money!!!!!!!
wow!!! who is this guy??? he must b my brother from another mother, lol.

well said!!
Jusleanit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
If hara drove a kyosho he would walk away from everybody. The kyosho is the better car he makes the HB buggy look better than it is. Look at some of the guys that left kyosho for serpent in onroad this they are not as fast with the other cars as they were with the kyosho. Fact of the matter is kyosho produces results the dominate in onroad and offroad nitro the number of world championships don't lie. And people keep speaking out about how expensive the kyosho cars are, you don't have to buy but if you can afford it have at it. Like alway say corvettes are wonderful cars but it's not a lambo. Go team red!!!!!! As with any thing in life you get what you paid for nice things cost money!!!!!!!
give cody a xray, or losi, or HB and give him 400+ laps on that track and he would of still won. mybe not with xray as its more for UK style tracks, they need a USA version.

what your saying is that the driver is only 30-40 percent, i used to drive the mp9, its a car of consistanty if you can drive the same line ALL the time its the car for you when its set-up to drive that line.

as for most "other" brands they tend to be a bit nicer to the not as consistant line driver,

if drake switch'd to kyosho he'd go slow as because hes so used to driving his eight with the easyer line, allowing him to change his style during a race without it throwing the car way off set-up, watching drake race, he does consistant times... but not consistant lines.
as for the kyosho being "the car to have now" thats bullSH&T, cody king could drive a brick with wheels better then anyone else. off-road has always been the driver - always will be.

there are the plain sighted things like side bite sending you into traction rolling, but that can be changed with tyres, the car in the end is set-up for each track to be driven THE SAME, sort of hard to expalin via text.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
its funny as the HIGHEST priced car and the LOWEST priced car finished 1 and 2....less then 2 secs apart..you kyosho boys think that its worth jacking the price up just because it won the worlds...wow thats funny...I will take 3
D8's instead
Boink! Hit the nail on the head Bro! I am no Cody King or Tebo so I cant do nothing with a $900 kit.

To bad Hara made an error it will be awsome for hot bodies to get 2 wc two years in a row.
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
They're not nearly as bad as Xray, they "update" their car twice a year or something.
Got that Right. I spent to Much for my Xray already enough to but me two more kits thats how expensive their option part is. But I will still buy them cause I am tard. heheh
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:49 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
give cody a xray, or losi, or HB and give him 400+ laps on that track and he would of still won. mybe not with xray as its more for UK style tracks, they need a USA version.

what your saying is that the driver is only 30-40 percent, i used to drive the mp9, its a car of consistanty if you can drive the same line ALL the time its the car for you when its set-up to drive that line.

as for most "other" brands they tend to be a bit nicer to the not as consistant line driver,

if drake switch'd to kyosho he'd go slow as because hes so used to driving his eight with the easyer line, allowing him to change his style during a race without it throwing the car way off set-up, watching drake race, he does consistant times... but not consistant lines.
as for the kyosho being "the car to have now" thats bullSH&T, cody king could drive a brick with wheels better then anyone else. off-road has always been the driver - always will be.

there are the plain sighted things like side bite sending you into traction rolling, but that can be changed with tyres, the car in the end is set-up for each track to be driven THE SAME, sort of hard to expalin via text.
I gotta disagree with that. There is only 1 fast line around every track and those guys hit it 9 out of 10 times. Consistently staying on the same line is what makes those guys great. Kyosho only makes great products to race. You cant argue their track record.
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
its funny as the HIGHEST priced car and the LOWEST priced car finished 1 and 2....less then 2 secs apart..you kyosho boys think that its worth jacking the price up just because it won the worlds...wow thats funny...I will take 3
D8's instead
Second place is the first loser you either make the highest step of the podium or you're a commercial failure

it IS kyosho. They have no other option that releasing a TKI WC Ed, or whatever it'll be called. And it'll be $1000

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i dont understand why people complain about the price of the kyosho car, if it dosent fit your budget dont buy it.
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote