R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Racing

Teufel Racing - You and I agree on many levels.

1. Seeing is Mfgs have to go the the Worlds anyway (don't have to but
want to. What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday), why not ad a truggy
event with the buggy event? I think if you are a buggy Mfg and you
don't have a truggy, you can still go to the event and show what your
product and driver can do. Everyone has a chance at glory with the
right product and the right driver. IF you only have 1 of the 2
cars/truck, then you can simply run the 1 event. This also cuts down
on the cost of each company having to send a driver+team to 2 venues.
I know this would make the event longer, but, since you are there run
it. (It's done in the Olympics, many event, over a long
period of time and not 1 winner of the whole Olympics)

I don't buy the idea that by adding events to the worlds, would take away from the 1/8th scale buggies. I think it will add to the prestige of the Worlds.

Having the event every 2 or even 4 years is not a bad idea. This gives companies time to create new car/trucks and save up funds for the event. This also gives organizers time to prepare for the event. 4 years might be tough because you might only have major companies who have large budgets and are invested in other markets as key players. The event tend to spark sales and if you are a small company, 4 years is a long time to wait for a possible win even if you have a great product and a great driver.
I think 2 years is good.

The concept of the Worlds isn't just to gather everyone together for just 1 event, Like the Worlds Fair, it's everyone coming together to show their best ideas and concepts.

Someone mention there are not enough mfgs for truggies. I think many companies now have truggies and if they don't they are working on one
to soon be introduced. (Serpent as an example)
Mugen
Losi
Serpent (truggy in the works)
Associated
Kyosho
Jammin
Tamiya
Hot Bodies (Don't know if they do)
Xray
Caster Racing
GS
Hong Nor (Don't know if they do)
Hobao (Don't know if they do)

(I'm sure I'm leaving someone out sorry)

Driving a truggy - I like driving my truggy. I have a Mugen MBX5T. Yes it isn't as aggressive as the MBX6T (Mine hass dust on it and is a shelf queen, Never driven) But, I really like driving it. I can throw it around in turns (must be on the brakes to get it to weight the front end to turn), goes over bumps much more aggressively than my buggy and seems to take more abuse. I am a driver who doesn't get much wheel time. That being said, the buggy to me is more accurate to drive and take more concentration, the truggy seems to be faster on rougher stuff, but, doesn't seem to require as much attention as the buggy. This could be simply because of my driving skills might be more towards the truggy. I don't know.

Lastly, for what it's worth. I am for the advancement of R/C. It could be offroad, onroad, nitro or electric. I would like to see it get better and I would like to see more people get into it.

On that note: I think these events need to be broadcast (ESPN in the US) so the masses can see it. There needs to be DVDs or online websites were you can watch these events IN FULL over and over. I would like to analyze top drivers driving techniques, see what lines they take, drivers tips. etc. I think this will by far promote the industry. I don't want tracks to be so crowded where it takes til midnight for a club race, but, I do want to see more competition and I want tracks to stop disappearing..

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #92
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

LiveRC.com did broadcast the full week of racing and there was like 4200 peoples online watching the final in the middle of the night due to timezone.

The race is named IFMAR 1/8 World Championships... IFMAR never mentioned "buggy" in the event name so .... Why not included truggies LOL

I personally still believe that buggy and truggy should be ran in two different events. Simply to increase manufacturers exposure. The cost of sending a full team of factory racers to the Worlds worth the exposure manufacturers receive from such events.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Event

The more I think about it, the more I feel the IFMAR Worlds should be run like the Olympics were everyone who qualifies can run (compete).

Maybe someday it will change..

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #94
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
LiveRC.com did broadcast the full week of racing and there was like 4200 peoples online watching the final in the middle of the night due to timezone.

The race is named IFMAR 1/8 World Championships... IFMAR never mentioned "buggy" in the event name so .... Why not included truggies LOL

I personally still believe that buggy and truggy should be ran in two different events. Simply to increase manufacturers exposure. The cost of sending a full team of factory racers to the Worlds worth the exposure manufacturers receive from such events.

5000+ actually......the 08 worlds was 4200 or so.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #95
Tech Regular

FEMCA have taken the initiative, an announced a truggy championship for 2011. To be held in Australia.
R.C Hobbies Gold Coast
XXXX GOLD
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #96
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
FEMCA have taken the initiative, an announced a truggy championship for 2011. To be held in Australia.

Cool.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #97
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
It's about time that somebody did! Good Stuff!
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #98
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I drive 1/8th scale buggy and truggy. The truth is truggy is easier to drive on a blown out track only becasue it soaks up all the bumps and rutts. In the same breathe thou, on a smooth track that isn't blown out buggy is easier to drive cause with a buggy you point it and it goes. I have a friend that is partically sponsered and he runs both buggy and truggy for AE. He hates truggy cause he say's it slow and takes forever to turn and with his buggy he just whips it where ever he wants. But to get on topic I feel that there should be a IFMAR Truggy Worlds. Reason for this is to promote sells for the companies. If there was an IFMAR worlds for truggy it would still be star studded due to companies wanting to prove their product is the best. I don't think it would take the sting from buggy winner. Think of it like this, if one company won both events either in the same weekend or 2yrs apart their product sells are going through the roof. It's all about money and if money is being spent to buy what we think is the best. Then long live RC racing. Imagine if there wasn't a IFMAR worlds anything, where would RC racing be? The Worlds isn't really just for the companies to flex their chests, its for us customers to run out and buy what seems to be the best. As long as this happens, that proves one thing for the companies. RC racing will never die. I like that idea, so long live RC.
William "Q" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #99
Tech Adept

they should run a buggy and truggy worlds on alternate years to each other.

making either champs reign 2 years but we the "wanna be's" wouldnt have to wait 2 years every time for a Worlds!!

just my opinion
RC King Hobbies - onlinerc.com.au - Pro-Spec Race Bearings
pantera nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #100
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

I also agree with having a Truggy worlds. Just alternate on the off years.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Truggy worlds would be awesome I wish they'd give it a shot
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe it's a great idea and would be a positive addition to our hobby. Too many people pitch the buggy vs truggy. Can we really say one is better than the other? No. Two different animals. Both are huge fun and so many people run both the same day. Buggies seem to get more respect only because they've been around alot longer and have the prestigious worlds event. Why not run them on the off year the buggy champs are? C'mon our european cousins, lets get into truggy. For me if i can only run 1 vehicle raceday the truggy always wins out. They both run similar lap times, so the truggy isn't a slug like folks think.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
I believe it's a great idea and would be a positive addition to our hobby. Too many people pitch the buggy vs truggy. Can we really say one is better than the other? No. Two different animals. Both are huge fun and so many people run both the same day. Buggies seem to get more respect only because they've been around alot longer and have the prestigious worlds event. Why not run them on the off year the buggy champs are? C'mon our european cousins, lets get into truggy. For me if i can only run 1 vehicle raceday the truggy always wins out. They both run similar lap times, so the truggy isn't a slug like folks think.
Sounds like a winner! I like it and dont even run truggy....
Old 11-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road god View Post
Sounds like a winner! I like it and dont even run truggy....
Why are you still awake?
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #105
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
Why are you still awake?

Because Im old and have to pee 42 times a night!