R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
Their pretty hugh with the Aussie's and the New Zealander's it seems. I wish they would have a truggy worlds just to get people back in to truggies. I like the way they look and the drifting driving style that comes along with their wider stance. I don't think their too easy to drive. Maybe easier but not too easy....

come to the northeast in pa and you will see a turnout for truggys for sure

espially at club races and money races.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
come to the northeast in pa and you will see a turnout for truggys for sure

espially at club races and money races.
I'm in southeastern Ohio. I drive over an hour just to get to The Factory. Give me an address to put in my Phone.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
I'm in southeastern Ohio. I drive over an hour just to get to The Factory. Give me an address to put in my Phone.

i was meaning in aububon pa sorry what track are you talking about though im guessing its the one in pittsburge ?

but from other pics of tracks and the results at r/c tracks in pa and nj truggy is strong.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that Truggy is only popular in the States; doesn't seem to have much of a following in Asia or Europe.
You are correct.. most europeans View 1/8 buggy similarly to F1, and Truggy Closer to Nascar, for lack of better example.. But the more ease of handling in a truggy, does allow a little less finesse, but I would like to see a Truggy Worlds..

I will also add our local track goes through surges of which one might have more.. We've also gone to an Expert and Sportsman Class for both Buggy and Truggy if there are enough for both, and that seems to have sparked some serious interest Truggy.. Truggy is almost always the bigger draw for people watching, and I think it is as simple as them being easier to see. some of it might be that they are slightly bigger, and go just as fast giving them a faster look to them..

I remember Last season after a Race 1 guy came up to me after the race, and said man your truggy was fast out there. I took 6th out of 10, I still can't figure out why he thought mine was so fast, but I guess from his stand point it looked it..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TRUE ENOUGH,

The truggys are a bit easier to drive, but from a spectator's point of view theyer'e just as hard. they would watch it anyway. thats why it seams political to me.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntek18 View Post
TRUE ENOUGH,

The truggys are a bit easier to drive, but from a spectator's point of view theyer'e just as hard. they would watch it anyway. thats why it seams political to me.
You could be right.. Sanctioning bodies (IFMAR / ROAR ETC) can hurt more then they help when they interveen with certain rules..

After looking through the Worlds competition I think another reason is they already have too many Worlds events..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
Buggies have been made since the 80s. Truggies became popular a few years ago.............
Monster Truck Worlds? .....silly right?
Monster truck racing might be seen as a passing fad.
It's popularity came and went in several years.

If truggy is still popular in a few more years perhaps the powers that be would consider it. I'd think that world governing bodies don't want to jump in with both feet unless it's time tested.
motomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here in Australia there is a separate buggy and truggy nationals. Also at the state titles they have both buggy and truggy and there's always a big turnout for truggies.

Saying that, if there were a truggy world's alot more people would be racing truggies, at the moment some people are only racing the truggy at large events to gain track time and don't race on club days.
shanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomatt View Post
Monster Truck Worlds? .....silly right?
Monster truck racing might be seen as a passing fad.
It's popularity came and went in several years.

If truggy is still popular in a few more years perhaps the powers that be would consider it. I'd think that world governing bodies don't want to jump in with both feet unless it's time tested.
I agree, I think that Truggy needs to prove itself to warrant a worlds caliber competition. After the way that monster truck class came and went, it would be only sensible for organizers to be cautious.

It's like with any new RC category: manufacturers try to come up with a new category in the hope of generating new sales & excitement to broaden the market. Some categories flourish, some don't. That's RC for ya
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
Our local truggy turnout is great. The last race at LCRC had 38 truggies, 33 buggies.
[/QUOTE]

Nice statement but how many of them will drive nationals and want to travel to the other side of the world to drive a WC?

From what I do see over here the Truggy racers are mostly bashers taken a small step to the next level. Taking a look to the nationals (sepperate from the national RC car organisation) most of them are experienced buggy racers and again most of them do not want to travel international.

Finally if you do organise a worlds you will end up with the same buggy worlds line up.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post

Finally if you do organise a worlds you will end up with the same buggy worlds line up.
Yeah, I suppose this would be the case^ De sha vue all over again. Plus, with the economy, once every 2 years is probably maxing out budgets.
one-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
I agree, I think that Truggy needs to prove itself to warrant a worlds caliber competition. After the way that monster truck class came and went, it would be only sensible for organizers to be cautious.

It's like with any new RC category: manufacturers try to come up with a new category in the hope of generating new sales & excitement to broaden the market. Some categories flourish, some don't. That's RC for ya
I'm not so sure truggy needs to prove anything. Truggy is established. Very popular here and a great day of racing running both classes. Buggy and truggy so similar but so different. And please for God's sake lets not compare monster truck to truggy.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eight View Post
Yeah, I suppose this would be the case^ De sha vue all over again. Plus, with the economy, once every 2 years is probably maxing out budgets.
How many guys that race at The Worlds actually pay for their stuff? I'm pretty sure a high percentage of driver's would actually be getting free or discounted parts/cars/engines/tyres/fuel.
shanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanef View Post
How many guys that race at The Worlds actually pay for their stuff? I'm pretty sure a high percentage of driver's would actually be getting free or discounted parts/cars/engines/tyres/fuel.
I was thinking of the companies budgets. Free product give away as you mentioned, freight charges, plane tickets, accommodations ,etc
one-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I wouldn't say have seperate buggy and truggy races I'd say just have the IFMAR 1/8th scale worlds. I know I would watch
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote