Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
problems with losi starter box. >

problems with losi starter box.

problems with losi starter box.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default problems with losi starter box.

hello forum about a month ago i bought a losi 2.0 rtr buggy. buggy is great but the starter box isnt so great. i have driven it 4 times and the belts and gears have stripped 3 times. so im after some recomendations about what starter boxes are the way to go. price is no object just pi$$ed off because the car is so nice to drive but never can because im always having to fix the box and im over it ahha cheers.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OFNA starter boxes have always treated me well
Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ofna truggy box with a 4s and you are good to go. I have been using mine for about a yr and it starts both of my losi cars all day. I had to go to a 3000mah 4s just in case someone else uses my box but works perfect.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

bought a losi box off here last year and have never had a problem. must be a set up problem or maybe new motor with to much pinch?? i feel the losi box is the best one on the market!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi is good at many things, but making starter boxes isn't one of them! Buy an Ofna blue truggy box and be done with it! Even the new 2.0 version losi box is sub-par.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Losi is good at many things, but making starter boxes isn't one of them! Buy an Ofna blue truggy box and be done with it! Even the new 2.0 version losi box is sub-par.
really? mine has been flawless, i bought a new bely because of all the stories, but never needed it, still sittin in my box, wha kinda of problems are there with these? (knock on wood)
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

I have never had a problem with my losi box. starts my buggy and truggy all day with no problem. has a 4s in it and stays charged all day with like 20 starts on it.

did when my motor was brand new but once tuned right never had one. the problem was it didnt have enough power to turn it over. nothing breaking
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8ight2.0bug
hello forum about a month ago i bought a losi 2.0 rtr buggy. buggy is great but the starter box isnt so great. i have driven it 4 times and the belts and gears have stripped 3 times. so im after some recomendations about what starter boxes are the way to go. price is no object just pi$$ed off because the car is so nice to drive but never can because im always having to fix the box and im over it ahha cheers.
I had the same problem. I just recently stripped the gear,I just picked up the blue ofna truggy box. I'll see how it goes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Just doesn't have any power compared to the Ofna box. Even struggles to turn over my older engines that certainly aren't tight. I haven't used mine enough to say if it has any other issues. As soon as I realized how weak it was I went back to my Ofna boxes. I know they break belts a lot. They really should have just put the second motor in it. Nothing can touch a dual 775 motor box like the Ofna Truggy box. But that's just my opinion of it. I know guys that love them. Maybe I got a bad one. Even with a fresh lipo it was too weak for my liking. Stalling the wheel out on a well used OS is not something any box should do.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Suspended

Just doesn't have any power compared to the Ofna box. Even struggles to turn over my older engines that certainly aren't tight. I haven't used mine enough to say if it has any other issues. As soon as I realized how weak it was I went back to my Ofna boxes. I know they break belts a lot. They really should have just put the second motor in it. Nothing can touch a dual 775 motor box like the Ofna Truggy box. But that's just my opinion of it. I know guys that love them. Maybe I got a bad one. Even with a fresh lipo it was too weak for my liking. Stalling the wheel out on a well used OS is not something any box should do.
my losi box has 2 motors in it? and have a 4s venom lipo in it, mine is the older black box, not sure if the red and blue one is differnt?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by inferno13
my losi box has 2 motors in it? and have a 4s venom lipo in it, mine is the older black box, not sure if the red and blue one is differnt?
Yeah that's the older one then with the 2 550 can motors. That one didn't cut it for me either. Maybe I'm picky or just spoiled by the Ofna box.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Yeah that's the older one then with the 2 550 can motors. That one didn't cut it for me either. Maybe I'm picky or just spoiled by the Ofna box.
JEEEEZE..... and i thought you where a losi guy....lol, not a true supporter i see
Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

You could crank a Mac truck with an Ofna 10244...

Get one, get it now.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
JEEEEZE..... and i thought you where a losi guy....lol, not a true supporter i see
The 2 550's aren't enough either. I was having one hell of a time cranking over my go engines when they were new, even after heating the engine 10 minutes with a heat gun to 300F. Once i bought the dynamite starter boxes (one for buggy, one for truggy) with dual 775 motors i no longer had any issues what-so-ever. I got a good deal on them ($49.99/ea) so i figured i'd give them a try. I'm really glad i did, it makes starting so much easier, i don't even have to preheat my engines anymore, even though i should :/
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jwm2
The 2 550's aren't enough either. I was having one hell of a time cranking over my go engines when they were new, even after heating the engine 10 minutes with a heat gun to 300F. Once i bought the dynamite starter boxes (one for buggy, one for truggy) with dual 775 motors i no longer had any issues what-so-ever. I got a good deal on them ($49.99/ea) so i figured i'd give them a try. I'm really glad i did, it makes starting so much easier, i don't even have to preheat my engines anymore, even though i should :/
well like i said never had a problem with my losi box (maybe got a good one), i did buy a dynamite box and sold it same day i got it, it was junk! i guess if its not broke, dont fix it,,,lol, maybe lucky so far but not ready to give it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.