R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
That's why we are writing him off. He suffered a problem that had nothing to do with the shavings so he was NOT a factor in the main, sabotage or not. No one is saying he isn't fast and didn't deserve to be there, just that it didn't matter in the end.
Nobody said from Savoya's team that was the reason he did not win.Anyway the sabotage happened before the semi not before the final .They posted the story because it's happened and everybody can learn from this.
gabor szilagyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Being on my way back from the worlds right now (Bangkok airport) and having been mechanic for a car that was in the finals I will say that it is highly unlikely that this happened. First off the finals day the mechanics are bussy re building the car for almost the whole day. Second there was a practice session for all of the drivers that made the semi. Then there was a 30 minute semi that needs to be raced. Then once the cars came back from tech each and every cars was basically given a thorough work over by the mechanics again and there was only 2 hours to do this. So I'm not seeing how q car would even be left un attended long enough for this to even happen. Add to that the pit areas are rather tight and your usually sittnig around your friends/country men who I highly doubt will just allow some one to walk up and start messing with a persons car. Plus I'm thinking that if to were to sabotage some ones car it would be one of the more likely candidates to win the event i.e. Mayfield, Tebo etc.
My point exactly......Savoya is just as big a chance......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
maybe a way to keep your name in the news.. after someone else wins
Story was released prior to the final you clown, dont slander someones character

Quote:
That's why we are writing him off. He suffered a problem that had nothing to do with the shavings so he was NOT a factor in the main, sabotage or not. No one is saying he isn't fast and didn't deserve to be there, just that it didn't matter in the end.
Guys on here had written him off as no chance, point above...

When Renaud starts racing at big meets in the US, and is regularly competing with "your" big name drivers, dont be suprised to seem him at and near the top
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #93
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
When Renaud starts racing at big meets in the US, and is regularly competing with "your" big name drivers, dont be suprised to seem him at and near the top
I fully expect him to. The point is that he was not going to be a factor in the main due to his servo failure so even if he really was sabotaged, it made no difference. Even without that, I doubt he would have caught the top three. They were too fast and too consistent. My prediction is he would have finished 4th at best but who knows.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #94
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

It is an Aprill fool joke in November...

How these metal shavings can go through the internal fuel tank filter and the through the outter filter (if he has one) ????
Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #95
Tech Master

Quote:
I fully expect him to. The point is that he was not going to be a factor in the main due to his servo failure so even if he really was sabotaged, it made no difference. Even without that, I doubt he would have caught the top three. They were too fast and too consistent. My prediction is he would have finished 4th at best but who knows.
I understand what you are saying, others on here saying things like they should've targeted a chance at winning are the niave (check spelling) ones I'm refering to
AE 1/10, Reds
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Reno

Well. No matter what. Reno, I hope to see you next time. Sorry it happened, hope it was purely mechanical and not sabotage. (In any event, come on back, Always great to see ya race.

Where was the other article posted besides neobuggy??

Thanks
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
My point exactly......Savoya is just as big a chance......

Story was released prior to the final you clown, dont slander someones character

Guys on here had written him off as no chance, point above...

Not slandering anyones character. I know when the story was release... CLOWN...lol If you would stop and think about it, it is all too convient.
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #98
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post

Not slandering anyones character. I know when the story was release... CLOWN...lol If you would stop and think about it, it is all too convient.
Whatever you want to call it buddy
AE 1/10, Reds
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Keep in mind that depending on the size of the pieces in his tank, it could have been engine failure sending parts through the exhaust into the pressure line. Just a thought. That's why its very important to clean your pipe after you grenade and engine. The pieces can make their way back into your new engine.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trying to steal my thread captain america. next time i am getting copyrights.
NO J/K I REALLY DONT CARE . just curious though b/c when i ckecked it out on my computer it shows my post first but i not sure if thats right.

i dont understand while people say he wasnt a contender , cody king won which is awesome and reno and cody had the same amount of points going into the finals

Last edited by nitrozilla; 11-16-2010 at 04:22 AM.
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dont think allot of these guys run filters at all, and they remove them from the tanks.

And at a race like this, you spend allot of time away from your car, with all the Tech inspection and such.

To me the easiest way to do something like this is in pit lane, right into someone'e fuel gun.

And to me, the pieces look like lathe chips from a cut-off or grooving tool.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Savoya says he used the filter in the tank and one outside
and only solution is, someone must have exchanged the tube from the second filter to the carburator
just some journalists came close to it when no one watched..

Last edited by speedy2; 11-16-2010 at 08:58 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #103
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
" The sabotage ? "
Everyone finds it strange.......

1. How ? When ?

This is the World Champs...............normally you seat with your team mates..........or among your country mates.................if the guy intended to " SABO " is someone outside his team or country.................then it would be a very silly thing to do.................cause you know who is who !

Then what is the possibility ! Someone from his team or own country mates ? His father is there....................I am sure he is guarding his son's car with extra caution..............cause before the semifinals...............he suppose to check and fine tunning...........the car................

To be honest.............he stand's a chance to win the WC.............but there's 15 drivers out there in the semi's who can do it......................

I can't see anyone doing it except the FRENCH CONNECTION !
Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #104
Tech Elite

He was not going to win Worlds this year...... If anyone watched the show, they would have noticed that he did not bring his A++ game. Cody King brought the wood the entire week. Tebo and Hara brought their A++ game.. People can list ALL the achievements Savoya has but the Euro Championships is not on the same level as Worlds. And that goes for any country championships.. Savoya is an awesome driver but this incident that NO ONE REPORTED ON BUT NEOBUGGY did not go down that way it seems..... I was watching Live RC with AAP and I do not recall them saying anything about it, and they tired hard not to miss anything.....

With all the team drivers, managers, mechanics, race officials, LOTS OF CAMERAS, the journalist and media, TECH - These cars are in and out of tech ALL day long, Im pretty sure that there is ALWAYS someone in the pits watching stuff (dont want other manufacturers biting your stuff)......

NO ONE ELSE SEEN NOTHING???????????????????????????

Just saying...
Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #105
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think his own team did it and we are falling victim to crafty marketing.....look at this thread and the news, everyone is still taking about him and his car where we would not be otherwise
Show871 is offline   Reply With Quote