Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sepent 811 VS Odonnell Z01Bb SG?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I have the serpent now but never driven an sg. But the serpent is simply a touring car on the dirt. Precise and very forgiving. The setup is the key.
most guys dont understand this but it really feels like a touring car i can jump 20 feet in the air
Old 11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by porkchop
but it really feels like a touring car i can jump 20 feet in the air
So its very frustrating and breaks c hubs? just a joke....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by one-eight
So its very frustrating and breaks c hubs? just a joke....
man i hit a steal pole and it drove off fine
Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was just referring to touring cars in general
Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by engr673
Looking at both kits, like both of them wondering what issues if any on either of the kits. I know the Serpent has a new radio box comming out anytime now to get the servo away from the motor. I have heard the Z01B had plenty of problems but I understand the SG is a much better car and have fixed/improved the car.

Thanks in advance!
They are both great cars I have ran the O buggy not the sg I do have some friends that run the sg and they love it I am running the seprent now they both have there good points but with the Odonnell you will not get any better suport for a car as far as settup and you can even call and get Steve himself to take the time to help you out
Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
most guys dont understand this but it really feels like a touring car i can jump 20 feet in the air
+1
Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have driven both. They are both very capable cars. The SG is really really good with minor adjustments out of the box. Personally I have driven and/or raced most of the cars out there and I can tell you that the OD turns better than any 1/8th hands down. So much in stock form actually that we have been dialing some out of the car. Pretty rare for 1/8th buggies. The other great thing about OD is the car is super durable and parts are pretty inexpensive compared to most other cars. The serpent felt pretty good never really did anything funny. Jumps turns and overall handles pretty well. I'm sure you will like either car. One thing to keep in mind is that OD has awesome customer support wether it be from Hobbico one of the team drivers or Steve himself

Jason
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason-149
I have driven both. They are both very capable cars. The SG is really really good with minor adjustments out of the box. Personally I have driven and/or raced most of the cars out there and I can tell you that the OD turns better than any 1/8th hands down. So much in stock form actually that we have been dialing some out of the car. Pretty rare for 1/8th buggies. The other great thing about OD is the car is super durable and parts are pretty inexpensive compared to most other cars. The serpent felt pretty good never really did anything funny. Jumps turns and overall handles pretty well. I'm sure you will like either car. One thing to keep in mind is that OD has awesome customer support wether it be from Hobbico one of the team drivers or Steve himself

Jason
Jason,

Thanks for the info I sent you a pm which I assume you are in the process of responding to! Does anyone know who has these in stock online?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason,

Thanks for the info I sent you a pm which I assume you are in the process of responding to! Does anyone know who has these in stock online?
Don't see any pm's yet but I'll keep and eye out for it. Also just a suggestion but maybe try getting one through you local shop or track you will be racing at. Just like to see racers supporting their local shops.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jason,

if your wanting the SG absolute hobbyz has them in stock: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=2160
Old 11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jason-149
Don't see any pm's yet but I'll keep and eye out for it. Also just a suggestion but maybe try getting one through you local shop or track you will be racing at. Just like to see racers supporting their local shops.
Hmmmmmm, i will check my sent box. I agree but I have not found a dealer locally that carrys it
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the worlds being ran, if a D8 can win, so a OD could too with a good driver, because it is much better every way....
Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Well I finally made a decison and I chose the SG! I have had my eye on the Odonnell Z01b for over a year now and have not really heard anything bad about the SG so in the end I figured why not give it a try. I have to agree that the Serpent is a great piece as well but is going through a few issues which is typical for a first release. I did not want to get the Serpent and then have to wait a few more weeks to drive it because the new radio tray is not ready. Besides that I like the parts quality of the SG and that was never a question!

Anybody know where I can get the optional front toe plate(ODOC1770) no one has them in stock The only other thing I have heard of is using Kyosho clutch shoes as they last a lot longer.

Is the aluminum shock caps needed or do the plastic ones hold up fine?

Who makes a good body wrap for the SG??
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can guarantee you, you won't be sorry..

Kyosho shoes stronger, I don't think so..
you can order every part at Tower
I keep the plastic shockcaps as I don't like scratched black alu caps
if you tune the shockrod lenght right, so they can't force onto the caps
or the pistons, you will have no issues

Last edited by speedy2; 11-09-2010 at 09:56 AM.