R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Traxxas 1/8th Scale??

I always wondered why Traxxas, as big of a company they are, why they don't make a true Race 1/8th scale buggy or truggy? Does anyone know why? Just curious!
Heritage RC Raceway, San Diego CA
Jomo918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo918 View Post
I always wondered why Traxxas, as big of a company they are, why they don't make a true Race 1/8th scale buggy or truggy? Does anyone know why? Just curious!
Because traxxas isnt a racing company(i do race slash 4x4 and it is a good racer but just cant compair to a jammin etc.). They are a beginners/ basher friendly company. They dont make the kind of stuff to stand competition to these actual race companies, but the race companies dont make the kinds of stuff that traxxas makes either. You will most likely never see traxxas step up to make anything like that either aswell because they are mosly electric and rtr company and what they make is what there staying with. If they go 1/8 that means a whole new desighn, build and also producing of a "big block" engine and rtr stuff that will handle just driving meaning they will need mg servos aswell. Honestly its just to much and it wont become popular.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
Because traxxas isnt a racing company(i do race slash 4x4 and it is a good racer but just cant compair to a jammin etc.). They are a beginners/ basher friendly company. They dont make the kind of stuff to stand competition to these actual race companies, but the race companies dont make the kinds of stuff that traxxas makes either. You will most likely never see traxxas step up to make anything like that either aswell because they are mosly electric and rtr company and what they make is what there staying with. If they go 1/8 that means a whole new desighn, build and also producing of a "big block" engine and rtr stuff that will handle just driving meaning they will need mg servos aswell. Honestly its just to much and it wont become popular.
Well before truggies were popular they dominated the track with the revo, and they were the front runners on the track with the slayer and slash. So they have it in them, I'm just suprised I guess that they don't make a race division! We all know this hobby is pretty much driven and kept alive by the racing!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Traxxas is all about the fun factor, and that what I like about them. They know how to draw in new people. They seem to know what the people want and the people that buy them know the purpose of the trucks. Traxxas is BIG, FAST& FUN, thats what got me to buy.
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

The fact is that less than 10% of the RC vehicles sold ever hit the race track. It is a much bigger market in the "hobby" side of RC than the "race" side.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem

Yeah I was gonna say that. The bashing and recreational side is much bigger than the racing side. Not to mention much more profitable too
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgagem View Post
Yeah I was gonna say that. The bashing and recreational side is much bigger than the racing side. Not to mention much more profitable too
See I would have never thought that. But I think the racers spend more on the hobby then the bashers, wouldn't you say
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
See I would have never thought that. But I think the racers spend more on the hobby then the bashers, wouldn't you say
absolutely, but there's 1,000+ funsters for every 1 racer.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Tech Prophet

Quote:

i agree, racers do spend more on fuel clutchs parts than a basher would ever would i dont get why more bashers dont go racing
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i agree, racers do spend more on fuel clutchs parts than a basher would ever would i dont get why more bashers dont go racing
You dont make sence. Yes racers do spend more on that but does do you buy any of that from the same company you bought the car from? No i dont. I wont buy traxxas fuel if i did race a nitro traxxas and i sure wouldnt buy traxxas clutches when i could buy aluminum etc for same price. This is a bad example parts ia a better one, but who breaks more? A basher or racer??? Also what company makes upgrades for traxxas? rpm does so even if traxxas did this rpm would make plastics and again traxxas wont make much but waste their time.

But i did covert my slash 4x4 to a buggy and it does have the same length tire to tire as my d8 so compairing it is a 1/8th scale lol.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
You dont make sence. Yes racers do spend more on that but does do you buy any of that from the same company you bought the car from? No i dont. I wont buy traxxas fuel if i did race a nitro traxxas and i sure wouldnt buy traxxas clutches when i could buy aluminum etc for same price. This is a bad example parts ia a better one, but who breaks more? A basher or racer??? Also what company makes upgrades for traxxas? rpm does so even if traxxas did this rpm would make plastics and again traxxas wont make much but waste their time.

But i did covert my slash 4x4 to a buggy and it does have the same length tire to tire as my d8 so compairing it is a 1/8th scale lol.
Very cool do u have pics, I would love to see it!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
Tech Prophet

Quote:

oh no, i woulnt buy traxxas fuel or thier clutch shoes but im talking about like aftermarket parts or a name brand racing parts.

i do tend to agree with bashers might break more than racers but us racers do bend stuff or suspension parts over time.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Quote:
I do agree with you on a couple things, but okay you have to look at it this way, you say traxxas is ALL about bashing, but look at losi, hotbodies, associated, kyosho, jammin, ofna, etc. Every company that has a RACE worthy trugg or bugg, make a line og RTR's, or bashing type car, ofna makes all the sport RTR 8th scales, hotbodies has there lighting series, losi has the new 810 out, and they have all the sport cars like the xxxt and what not, associated has the RS version, which comes RTR! With that being said, all companies have a bashing side, because they know what newbies want, they want something fast and cheap and something thats easy to drive!! But most compaines have a line out for the people that want to RACE and know what the hell they are doing!!!!

BUT WE CAN ALL AGREE TRAXXAS IS THE KING OF BASHING

Last edited by English365; 11-07-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: No Cussing :D
English365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
oh no, i woulnt buy traxxas fuel or thier clutch shoes but im talking about like aftermarket parts or a name brand racing parts.

i do tend to agree with bashers might break more than racers but us racers do bend stuff or suspension parts over time.
ive spoken to many lhs and they all agree, there main customer are bashers and air plane guys.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Nope..not even close, bashers spent triple. I use to own a hobby shop/track and the local bashers spent way more than the local racers do..plus a lot of bashers don't even work on there own cars..I charged $45 an hour to tune..replace/hop up..cuz I didn't like working on their toy..